1. Be cool and Register to set your username and display picture get the full features of the site. Talk Bulldogs NRL News, match reviews, live score, ladder, injuries, player signings and team performance.

Rothfield Aidan Sezer

Discussion in 'Rumours' started by Daustin, Jan 6, 2018.

1. Daustin

Daustin Forum Regular

THE Bulldogs are continuing their hunt for a halfback, with Aidan Sezer now in the sights of the Belmore-based club.

The Sunday Telegraph can reveal the Bulldogs are considering making the Canterbury junior an offer to return home as they look for a long-term partner for big-money recruit Kieran Foran.

Despite being close to securing Knights young gun Jack Cogger on a two-year deal beginning in 2019, Sezer has been put on the club’s shopping list with several at the Bulldogs keen to see the East Hills junior back in the kennel.

Sezer left the Bulldogs to get his NRL start with the Titans before switching to the Raiders to learn his playmaking craft under Ricky Stuart.

The No. 7 has not reached his full potential during his stint at the “Green Machine” and his contract with Canberra finished at the end of the year. The Bulldogs were attempting to snare Cogger from the Knights in an immediate deal but Newcastle are refusing to release the young halfback from the final year of his deal.

It is understood Foran will make a full-time switch to No. 7 this season with Matt Frawley the early frontrunner to partner the former Warrior in the halves.

Moses Mbye has all but secured the No. 1 jersey following an impressive pre-break training campaign, while William Hopoate with play in the centres.

The Bulldogs return to full-time training on Monday and will face a gruelling two-week schedule being shipped to the Central Coast on a “family’’ camp.

Continuing their efforts to rebuild the “family’’ club culture, the Bulldogs have invited players’ partners and children to the pre-season camp, to be held at Terrigal.

• Like Like x 2
  2. heckler

heckler Kennel Enthusiast

Bring it!

3. GrogDog

GrogDog bad attitude

Had no idea Sezer was still uncontracted for this season. Sign him up, he would gel with Foran awesomely. Geez two players with kicking games, when have we ever had that?

• Like Like x 3
  4. c-b-b

c-b-b Moderator Staff Member

Sezer is contracted to the raiders for 2018, not sure why Drunkfield would say he's off contract. If Cogger is signed for 2019 I don't think we're going to tie up money in a third half.

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. Daniel89

Daniel89 Forum Regular

Interesting. Cogger is younger but Sezer is a goal kicker and a bigger body.
    Id prefer Sezer over cogger personally but i cant see the raiders releasing him when they have no back up and Hodgson injured.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Gotenks

Gotenks Immortal Gilded

Sezer is coming back every season.

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 3
  7. 2144superman

2144superman Kennel Enthusiast

Sezer would have to take a massive pay cut to come back to Belmore .. he is on near $600k at the Raiders and if no one else bites then he could come cheap.

• Like Like x 1
  8. shannon2009

shannon2009 Forum Regular

Yes please!

9. doggieaaron

doggieaaron Immortal

Could be dogs spreading rumour to make coggers management to put pressure on the knights to not fuck him over and give him a release this year

• Like Like x 10
  10. mt_pride94

mt_pride94 Kennel Addict

How many times have the media said he is coming back and it never happens? I am not holding my breath, but it wouldn't be bad if he comes back.

11. Oatley Dog

Oatley Dog Kennel Addict Gilded

The only thing that concerns me about this rumour is that Phelps is in tight with the Bulldogs players and board so it may have some legs. Of course the fact we have no money in the cap means this can only happen if we are offloading someone. Other than potentially retiring Eastwood I don't know anyone who might be on the chopping block.

12. mt_pride94

mt_pride94 Kennel Addict

Both morris twins are potentially retiring this year. So that would free more cap space.

13. bcmf

bcmf Kennel Enthusiast

Do we want two organisers? Or do we want an organiser and another guy who can play off the cuff but has organisational abilities.

14. Dogna88

Dogna88 Kennel Enthusiast

Two organisers. When Foran injures himself. We'll need that second organiser

• Like Like x 2
  15. Dogna88

Dogna88 Kennel Enthusiast

We have been linked to nearly every half... cant see it happening unless we offload Eastwood

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  16. Spoonman84

Spoonman84 Kennel Enthusiast

We might have a bit of money in the kitty because we were under the cap before releasing Lee.

I’d take him in a heart beat he has been hampered by Ricky down in Canberra who has ruined countless halves and he solves one of our biggest issues....goal kicking.

• Like Like x 1
  17. oldpuppy

oldpuppy Forum Regular

I wouldn't.mind him coming back.
    Newcastle in comparison have 5 halves to go into 2 and we have only 1.
    From what ive observed through the kennelers in the know, most positions seem to have been settled by pay.
    Halves is the final piece that seems to not have a closure.
    I wonder if his strong push for purchasing halves before seasons kick off is a sign that foran might not be ready in reasonable time as we all might hope.

18. Natboy

Natboy Immortal

Half of Buzz’ articles this week are bulldogs. You can tell he only talks to one or two sources each week & floods his column. Lazy journalist

• Like Like x 1
  19. Natboy

Natboy Immortal

I just saw who is writing his column.
    Makes sense now haha

20. KiwiDog7

KiwiDog7 Kennel Addict

I’m glad Foran is going to be wearing the number 7

What happened to Nu ‘ I didn’t come here to play reserve grade ‘Brown ?

We need a runner at 6 like Cleeland and I would happily take Sezer

• Funny Funny x 1