Afterpay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
It's a cool function that I'm sure satisfies a variety of consumers. Personally for me, I've always got the money available to pay for retail items outright, but I often use Afterpay when it's available as it aligns with my personal budgeting (fortnightly basis). In this respect its much easier to keep track of my everyday spending to see, for example, 4 x $50 fortnightly instalments rather than a one-off $200 payment.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Credit cards are great, if you run out of money you can still get pissed and worry about it later.
Until you look at the interest charges in the transaction history, 78 dollars FMD...

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
If people have the money to pay for things, why not just pay for them and bypass Afterpay?
+1. I know some people like to use credit cards for points, or after pay as they think they are getting to hold onto their money for longer or to manage cash flow, but it just seems like too much fucking around TBH, especially in an era with such low interest rates.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Speaking of not using credit... my grandfather bought his car years ago (Commodore Wagon), and wanted to pay in cash as he didn't have a credit card or cheque account.

Got the money out, took it to dealers and they are like "uhhh ummm we can't accept this you'll need a bank cheque!" :D

Him and my grandmother bought everything (even a home) without a credit/debt card. Nan (up to when she passed away in 2015) still used a bank book!
My grandparents only ever used cash and straight up had to be forced to use a bank. When they sold their house they got into a massive argument with my family because they wanted it all in cash haha.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
My grandparents only ever used cash and straight up had to be forced to use a bank. When they sold their house they got into a massive argument with my family because they wanted it all in cash haha.
Not sure what culture they are originally from, but a lot of people come from cultures where they don't trust banks, and/or hate for a bank to know how they are spending their money.

A Malaysian mate of mine told me that his parents still use a passbook because they don't trust somebody not stealing their statements in the mail - but I assume most Kennellers have never seen a passbook!

Lil Ms Fabulous

Is Trollin
Reaction score
It even allows me to buy some Footy Jerseys now. That means I just purchased the Jonathon Thurston Testimonial Jersey and I was surprised that there wasn't a hint of Bulldogs in that Jersey at all.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The only thing I've ever bought with credit of any kind is a car. I might be a bit old school in thinking you are better off not owning something you don't have the money for now.
I agree
I wish someone would teach that to my wife though

Status
Not open for further replies.