Who do you guys support?

#UPTHSWANS
2nd on the Ladder , 2014 is our year!

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
There's an "Other Sports" section which I'm sure this will get moved to.

I'm not really an AFL fan but the mrs drags me to games as she's a big Swans supporter. I support Carlton cause she doesn't like them and they beat the Swans at one of the games she dragged me to. It was either going to be Carlton or Collingwood and I couldn't follow anything related to Eddie McGuire.

BTW, I actually tipped the Cats last night. How pathetic was that.

JORDZILLA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's an "Other Sports" section which I'm sure this will get moved to.

I'm not really an AFL fan but the mrs drags me to games as she's a big Swans supporter. I support Carlton cause she doesn't like them and they beat the Swans at one of the games she dragged me to. It was either going to be Carlton or Collingwood and I couldn't follow anything related to Eddie McGuire.

BTW, I actually tipped the Cats last night. How pathetic was that.
lol swans 110 points win haha

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Melbourne university, but I lost interest after they folded in 1914

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Growing up ion the Riverina and being closer to Melbourne than Sydney, league and Aussie rules were both popular. Most kids up to an age actually played both, as well as soccer.

Grew up a Bombers fan. I really liked Paul Salmon. When moved to Sydney in 96, started having a passing interest in them, fuelled by a mate who had a corporate box. I think, living in Vegas, if I had the urge to get back into it, i'd go for the Lions (have some 2 4 1 tickets courtest of my entertainment book, so get to a game).

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I have tried to like AFL but I just can't get into it.

However I have been to two Swans games in my time and had a pretty good time. One time though was because I won a competition at work and I (and 3 friends) got driven to and from ANZ in the work Hummer (back when Hummers were a novelty) so that probably added to the fun a lot.

I found the crowds to be great, really family orientated and I found the game easy to follow live.

I guess if I were to support anyone it would be GWS but then I really hate their colours so that makes me even less interested. Growing up with a dad who hated AFL no doubt played a part in my feelings too.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
We went to a Swans Vs Carlton game one time and Gyton Grantley was sitting behind us. There was basically no one around in that area but us, him and his Entourage. It was a reserved section and I'm guessing they bought out all the seats because they wouldn't stop staring at us the whole time. By half time I turned around and said "Yes, I am that guy from that TV show, do you want an autograph or something?". They laughed and didn't bother us for the rest of the game.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I didn't mind playing the game but it was alittle boring (like soccer)

Status
Not open for further replies.