Advice on the Nissan X- trail

• Thread starter Alexander the Great
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Alexander the Great

Basically just a lift kit and larger tires. You can handle most basic 4WD beaches without a lift kit but it'll help. Also reducing the tire pressure. I generally reduce it to 20 but if you're having issues and getting bogged easier then reduce it even further. Also try to not overload the vehicle with junk. The less weight the better.

The thing you have to keep in mind is that you'll eventually get bogged. It's inevitable. Everyone gets bogged at least a few times no matter what they're driving. So just make sure you're prepared to get bogged.
Thanks again Hacky

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Head like a dropped watermelon..

Anywhoooo looks like some posts got lost overnight in the migration to new server.

@The Eye did you happen to see my post before server migration... it was about a sale.

If not... the Mitsubishi Pajero Sport GLX on sale at the moment for $42,990 at all dealers.

Might be perfect for you. Has 4 different 4WD drive modes: 2WD, 4WD High, 4WD High with Locked Diff Centre, 4WD Low with Locked Diff Centre.

In addition to this is has selectable driving modes including one for mud/snow/gravel/sand/rocks.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Head like a dropped watermelon..

Anywhoooo looks like some posts got lost overnight in the migration to new server.

@The Eye did you happen to see my post before server migration... it was about a sale.

If not... the Mitsubishi Pajero Sport GLX on sale at the moment for $42,990 at all dealers.

Might be perfect for you. Has 4 different 4WD drive modes: 2WD, 4WD High, 4WD High with Locked Diff Centre, 4WD Low with Locked Diff Centre.

In addition to this is has selectable driving modes including one for mud/snow/gravel/sand/rocks.
Pajero's are excellent. It's between the Pajero and the Prado over which is my favourite 4WD. Prado is a bit better off road while Pajero is a bit better on road but both are excellent vehicles.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Just realised I forgot to include the 2 reviews I found on that model last night (Google it up).. but both were shouting praise at how good it was, and one link actually rated it better than the (more expensive) Pajero (non sport).

A

Alexander the Great

How good are these things? Ive watched alot of clips when they are used. Looks way easy.
Anyone here had a fiddle with them?

Looks like a good first step to try and get yourself out of a bog before having to pull out the other recovery gear.

9.jpg

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
How good are these things? Ive watched alot of clips when they are used. Looks way easy.
Anyone here had a fiddle with them?

Looks like a good first step to try and get yourself out of a bog before having to pull out the other recovery gear.

View attachment 5550
Yep. Maxtrax's are awesome

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Aussie made as well.. the bloke who thought up of these will be making a quid.
I remember when we would go 4WDing with dad as kids. We'd always have some planks of wood in the back to get us out of mud. These work a lot better.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
I remember when we would go 4WDing with dad as kids. We'd always have some planks of wood in the back to get us out of mud. These work a lot better.
Yeah that was standard when 4wdriving.

Status
Not open for further replies.