Ads In the Middle of Posts

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
But I haven't searched my Drs name etc on my Mobile or Laptop.

ZOMG: It's the Chinese Government.

They are tracking me. ☹
If you've searched medical centres it my have come up as the closest one that advertises on Google Ads.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Finally got an advert in the middle of a post, and this one made me laugh a bit. A post about a Pedo going to prison and it gives me an advert for kids toys.

Mr Google is pretty twisted.

BTW, I still get fake ads on the Kennel for "you won a $2,000 Coles voucher"

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Anyone else getting ads and million year old threads that's pushing the reply box all the way to the bottom of the page, too?
Yeah buddy, also I surf here on my mobile if that has anything to do with it.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I get the related threads box on Android using HTC Internet, and ads under posts but not in middle of them. Hence why archives are created to try and stop that. Not sure why that happens.

I think it's a Google Chrome mobile issue.

Does it happen in Firefox mobile as well?

ALX25

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Netflix, project management and laptop sales.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Did a comparison on my phone, not a huge difference between both browsers on phone.

upload_2019-4-7_16-16-3.png

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Observed this today with HTC Internet on Android.

Matter raised with site owners to see what can be done.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm currently getting 11 different ads per page when viewing a thread (mobile website)

Disgraceful. Can you pls sort this out Mr I

DublinDogg

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I'm currently getting 11 different ads per page when viewing a thread (mobile website)

Same here. Plus ones in the middle of posts breaking up the text :(

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
What ads? I use Brave browser.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
The ads are here are getting a little too much. iPhone 8 and Safari.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

I'm getting 12 ads/ancient threads pushing down the reply box as well as ads in the middle of posts. Kinda annoying.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
We are potentially looking at upgrading to the latest Xenforo version (to see if this resolves this issue and others), but there's a lot to consider when making such a massive change.
We would be going up 2 major version releases and having to upgrade the entire site database, templates, everything. Tis a big job.
We also need to ensure the site functionality is not impeded (we have quite a few add-ons running), by reduction in feature set if upgrading.

This issue ONLY impacts mobile browsers it appears. My guess is due to template issues, and non mobile compatible ads.

Not sure if that's resolved using The Kennel App or Tapatalk (as I've never used either).

I'm currently getting 11 different ads per page when viewing a thread (mobile website). Disgraceful. Can you pls sort this out Mr I
This is one for the site adminsitrators ( @Nash and @habs ). @Nash has been contacted as he looks after all the programming on the site.

Not sure how much revenuse the ads generate in all honesty. If it was me and the ad revenue was slim to none, I'd just remove them completely.

I'm getting 12 ads/ancient threads pushing down the reply box as well as ads in the middle of posts. Kinda annoying.
Yeah the box / thread box down bottom of page is an interesting one. Well aware of that one.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Nash and Habs would have both well and truly sailed off into the sunset in their ad-revenue funded luxury yachts by now.