Ads In the Middle of Posts

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Screenshot_20190215-140438_Chrome.jpg

@Mr Invisible, still happening. This is your post in the salary cap rumour thread.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Hmmm okay so you are getting the top and bottom ads, and it appears to be the second ad (the one under the first post) that's creeping mid post.

That's going to require @Nash to look into. I'll let him know.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
K E can you try clearing all your cookies/cache on Chrome and trying again?

Just tested on my Android phone with HTC Internet and Chrome browsers and whilst I do get ads underneath the first post, I don't get them in the middle of it.

Theres a top drop town/tag ad, one below first post, one below last post, one under forum list, and then an ad block down the very bottom.

Not sure if Tapatalk / Kennel App still works, but that might be worth a look, as I know tapatalk can limit ads.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Screenshot_20190215-142936_Chrome.jpg

Aaand it happened again.

I'll try clearing the cookies to see if that works. I mean, it's no big deal but it's mildly annoying.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah I know for some reason on Android browsers the ads kinda over populate the site.

Not sure what can be done about that (or for that matter how much revenue they bring in for the site).

If it was sweet FA (like $50 a year) you'd not bother.. but $500 a year you would.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Now I keep seeing ads about dating and marrying Russian women.

I don't really want to date or marry anyone.

Too many women don't know true unconditional love so there's no way I'm marrying a bitch who doesn't appreciate anything.

If there are appreciative women out there how come I never cross paths with them?

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
On my iPad, I get ads that cover posts. Looks like the user has posted an ad, but their content is actually behind it.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
To you guys getting ads covering content, please screeenshot and paste it in here.

Then I can draw it to admins attention and see what they think.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
That's a wierd one Moedogg... looks like the page glitched when rendering/loading.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Screenshot_20190219-164051.png
Screenshot_20190219-110128.png
Screenshot_20190218-142745.png

Any idea if there is a fix for this newly arrived, supremely annoying advertising banners glitch that blocks out the top 2 threads.

Refreshing works but sometimes it takes 3-4 tries I am looking for a more permanent solution.

Viewing on mobile via the chrome app

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
So Android users with Chrome browser?

P.S Charge your phone :D

@belmore_utd in regards to this, if you click the "X" or the "v" does it show it's a Google Ad or an AdChoices Ad?

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
So Android users with Chrome browser?

P.S Charge your phone :D

@belmore_utd in regards to this, if you click the "X" or the "v" does it show it's a Google Ad or an AdChoices Ad?
As you can see my phone was sufficiently charged at 11 a.m but come 4.40 p.m I had less juice than a she-rex offload courtesy of some intensive forgotten grocery list instructions from the wifey via FaceTime. *facepalm*

Yes it shows its a Google ad to which I then reported the ad for covering content. So maybe it's something they will rectify given enough reporting

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Keep reporting them (here as well). The upper ad and one under firts post have always caused grief, but I don't know how much money they bring in for the forum. If it brought in sweet FA, then removing all ads would be my (personal) thought moving forwards.

If they bring in a lot of revenue though, makes it trickier.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
In the thread about my health, I mentioned going to my GP.

Didn't mention the medical centre name.

Now I am getting ads for the medical centre.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
In the thread about my health, I mentioned going to my GP.

Didn't mention the medical centre name.

Now I am getting ads for the medical centre.
Yep that's because Google Ads and Ad Choices probe your cookies for what sites you've searched for and visited, and link referral (last page you came from to visit the site), and from that display relevant ads.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yep that's because Google Ads and Ad Choices probe your cookies for what sites you've searched for and visited, and link referral (last page you came from to visit the site), and from that display relevant ads.
But I haven't searched my Drs name etc on my Mobile or Laptop.

ZOMG: It's the Chinese Government.

They are tracking me. ☹