Addo Carr

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
We weren’t in a position to get JAC at his asking price for this year as many said on here months ago and as it turns out he’s not leaving Melbourne yet anyway. 2021 may be a different kettle of fish. The role of wingers has changed so much but he’d need to see the ball enough to justify that price tag. Please don’t reply Brady, I’m having a good day :grinning:

Packstar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We weren’t in a position to get JAC at his asking price for this year as many said on here months ago and as it turns out he’s not leaving Melbourne yet anyway. 2021 may be a different kettle of fish. The role of wingers has changed so much but he’d need to see the ball enough to justify that price tag. Please don’t reply Brady, I’m having a good day :grinning:
% wise, how much more ball would he need to see and how would that add up with the overs we need to pay?

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
% wise, how much more ball would he need to see and how would that add up with the overs we need to pay?
I’ll leave that one for the salary cap Oracle :grinning:

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
JAC is about the 5th best winger in the comp.. I'd easily take a Tupou, Fergo, Maumalo before him.. I'd even take a Corey Oates over him.. besides when he first came onto the scene, we haven't seen him play outside of a good system at any level... how would he fair when he is not playing outside of the best setups? he is not as valuable when the team is on the back foot like some of those other guys. Yeah that's the style of winger I believe can command the higher figures.. the guys who make the big meters and are a handful for opposition.. I'm happy to see how our current guys go over the next few seasons.. we need to remind ourselves that Meaney has only played one full season, and Jayden not even that... they both have potential
Oates is rumoured to have turned us down at least once (doesn't look like he wants to leave QLD/Broncos). Maumalo not even close to JAC I can see the other two but it's opinion based. He's first picked Australian and NSW winger (Tupou and Ferguson are both in contention for that position too).

Last edited:

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I never said this year moron. What do you mean next year may be a different kettle of fish? We have millions (I'm not even going to say rumoured, literally do have) to spend and winger/backs are positions we need to upgrade. Lets just sign no one and stick with our average squad (to be honest, below average, almost the worst squad on paper in the NRL). Lets try and find reasons why we shouldn't upgrade and stick with Meaney and Okunbor...

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
+0%. A really funny joke that doesn't make any sense. Haha. Ha. Circle jerk squad please click my like or funny button.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I never said this year moron. What do you mean next year may be a different kettle of fish? We have millions (I'm not even going to say rumoured, literally do have) to spend and winger/backs are positions we need to upgrade. Lets just sign no one and stick with our average squad (to be honest, below average, almost the worst squad on paper in the NRL). Lets try and find reasons why we shouldn't upgrade and stick with Meaney and Okunbor...
Yet you thought we had the money for Latrell who was initially asking for a lot more?? Massive contradiction. Wait and see what happens this year and watch your mouth kid

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
No respect for you what are you going to do?
When you’re a big boy you can call me a moron to my face. In the meantime I’ll ring your principal and get you put on after school detention

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Yet you thought we had the money for Latrell who was initially asking for a lot more?? Massive contradiction. Wait and see what happens this year and watch your mouth kid
Going off rumours like I've said 100 times not sure why you're literally making me repeat myself when it annoys you. There was a time we were rumoured to be chasing Koroisau, Ramien and Ese'ese. Going off rumours we only had enough funds to sign two of these players. Unless we were low balling these players (you'd hope not, but it's possible) that's at least 900k imo (this was basically confirmed when Ramien and Koroisau signed for Sharks and Panthers respectively for rumoured exactly what I said they would). That's not including the Foran money. We then signed Britt and Katoa (not sure if anyone else from the top of my head) and we're going to be taking the rest of the money/salary cap into the season to pick up another mid season signing - hopefully at the same level as DWZ. You can disregard it if you like but it all adds up and you'll find I'm probably going to be right about the mid season signing too (which will also confirm we did have the money in the salary cap). I don't operate on a wait and see basis.

Last edited:

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Oates is rumoured to have turned us down at least once (doesn't look like he wants to leave QLD/Broncos). Maumalo not even close to JAC I can see the other two but it's opinion based. He's first picked Australian and NSW winger (Tupou and Ferguson are both in contention for that position too).

I didn't mean that we should go after those guys, I was just pointing out that JAC is not the best winger in the game and certainly not worth some of the figures being mentioned. Keep in mind that Maumalo plays for the Warriors.. imagine him playing at the Roosters or Storm. Tupou is super underrated for mine, and was easily the best winger last year.. feel like people have the old memories of him stuck in their heads, from when he could barely hold the ball lol

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I didn't mean that we should go after those guys, I was just pointing out that JAC is not the best winger in the game and certainly not worth some of the figures being mentioned. Keep in mind that Maumalo plays for the Warriors.. imagine him playing at the Roosters or Storm. Tupou is super underrated for mine, and was easily the best winger last year.. feel like people have the old memories of him stuck in their heads, from when he could barely hold the ball lol
I watched almost every game he played last year and he had a very good season I agree (regarding Tupou). I can't say it was better than JAC's tho and the truth is JAC is first picked on the wing at State and International level. Also at this stage JAC is the only one available.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Going off rumours like I've said 100 times not sure why you're literally making me repeat myself when it annoys you. There was a time we were rumoured to be chasing Koroisau, Ramien and Ese'ese. Going off rumours we only had enough funds to sign two of these players. Unless we were low balling these players (you'd hope not, but it's possible) that's at least 900k imo (this was basically confirmed when Ramien and Koroisau signed for Sharks and Panthers respectively for rumoured exactly what I said they would). That's not including the Foran money. We then signed Britt and Katoa (not sure if anyone else from the top of my head) and we're going to be taking the rest of the money/salary cap into the season to pick up another mid season signing - hopefully at the same level as DWZ. You can disregard it if you like but it all adds up and you'll find I'm probably going to be right about the mid season signing too (which will also confirm we did have the money in the salary cap). I don't operate on a wait and see basis.
Ahhhh ok I think I’ve discovered why you are so confused. Your timeline is right off.

We signed Stimson (Late May) and Britt (early August) before the Ese Ese, Koroisau & Ramien rumour started (early August AFTER the Stimson & Britt signing NOT before.

We then missed out on Korisau after he wanted to link up with Barrett for a bit more cash & we signed Katoa instead.

In relation to Ese Ese & Ramien, there’s no harm in testing just how disgruntled a player is with their current club and not paying overs.

Saying we will make a mid season signing is like saying the sun will rise tomorrow and there will be money aside for it that happens but no, we couldn’t afford to sign a player on big money after our initial signings & shopping a couple of players didn’t work out. Happy to help

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Ahhhh ok I think I’ve discovered why you are so confused. Your timeline is right off.

We signed Stimson (Late May) and Britt (early August) before the Ese Ese, Koroisau & Ramien rumour started (early August AFTER the Stimson & Britt signing NOT before.

We then missed out on Korisau after he wanted to link up with Barrett for a bit more cash & we signed Katoa instead.

In relation to Ese Ese & Ramien, there’s no harm in testing just how disgruntled a player is with their current club and not paying overs.

Saying we will make a mid season signing is like saying the sun will rise tomorrow and there will be money aside for it that happens but no, we couldn’t afford to sign a player on big money after our initial signings & shopping a couple of players didn’t work out. Happy to help
So you're saying exactly what I'm saying but you're letting me know Britt actually signed before the Koroisau, Ramien and Ese'ese rumours. I feel like we missed out on Ramien first just Sharks took longer to announce his signing. So after agreeing with all this how can you keep saying we didn't have enough money to sign someone like Latrell (I don't care if you think we should of or not, you literally say we didn't have the money)?

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
So you're saying exactly what I'm saying but you're letting me know Britt actually signed before the Koroisau, Ramien and Ese'ese rumours. I feel like we missed out on Ramien first just Sharks took longer to announce his signing. So after agreeing with all this how can you keep saying we didn't have enough money to sign someone like Latrell?
Well no, I’m telling you we didn’t have the money you thought we did for Latrell, JAC etc because we signed Stimson & Britt prior & they both wanted more than we could afford at the time. Ramien & Korisau both signed for more money with Cronulla & Penrith respectively too which proves this point even more

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Well no, I’m telling you we didn’t have the money you thought we did for Latrell, JAC etc because we signed Stimson & Britt prior & they both wanted more than we could afford at the time. Ramien & Korisau both signed for more money with Cronulla & Penrith respectively too which proves this point even more
You do realise saying we signed X players prior to the rumours doesn't actually help what you're trying to say? imo Ramien and Koroisau signed for what they're worth at their respective clubs (going off what they're rumoured to have signed for).

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
You do realise saying we signed X players prior to the rumours doesn't actually help what you're trying to say? imo Ramien and Koroisau signed for what they're worth at their respective clubs (going off what they're rumoured to have signed for).
You were saying we signed them AFTER though and I’m just letting you know that’s why we didn’t have as much spare cash as you thought because we signed them BEFORE