Addo Carr

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
maybe not... he convinced Dallin to come to the Dogs, and may have had a hand in CHN... I often wonder if his words to Dallin would have been different if Phil thought that he himself was going to stick around at Pemriff.
Phil G did us a massive favour directing DWZ to us. I think Phil still has a soft spot for the Bulldogs and when others are critical Phil has only ever offered constructive criticism.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Phil G did us a massive favour directing DWZ to us. I think Phil still has a soft spot for the Bulldogs and when others are critical Phil has only ever offered constructive criticism.

for sure.. he had some good years here and he knows that besides a few dickheads over the years, not much has changed as far as the people in and around the club, and the culture is concerned

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Agree phil will be favouring roosters us and panthers and id rather us be in his top 3 than not.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Josh Addo-Carr reveals why he will manage his own career from now on. He’s not the only one

Melbourne superstar Josh Addo-Carr has revealed he won’t employ an accredited NRL agent again once the split with his current manager is finalised.

The ‘Foxx’ is negotiating an end to his contract with Pacific Sports Management and agent Chris Orr, which he says is close to being done.

And once that divorce has been rubber stamped, Addo-Carr plans to essentially manage his own football career.

He’s employed a lawyer to help with his current situation, and will lean on the professional again to help nut out the finer details of any future contracts or deals.

That will have to happen in the coming months, as the All Stars and Origin star is looking to leave the Storm at season’s end and join a Sydney club.

“Heaps of the boys, like (Storm teammate) Christian Welch, he’s said he’s going to do stuff himself so I might just have a lawyer to help me with that stuff,” Addo-Carr revealed to foxsports.com.au from All Stars camp on the Gold Coast.

“I’ve never really done that before (negotiated a contract). I’m not thinking that far ahead to be honest... I’m focused on playing good footy with the Storm, I’ve made my mind up to stay the year.

“My lawyer is doing everything for me now, so in terms of contracts and all that I might get him to do it. He’s doing a good job now trying to get stuff sorted with my management. I may as well just stay with him.

“He’s good at what he does and he definitely wants the best for me, and that’s all I ever wanted, for people I trust to do the best for me and my family.”

Addo-Carr is just the latest of a number of rugby league players who are moving away from accredited agents.

His Melbourne teammate Welch has been handling his own contract negotiations, and Newcastle star Kalyn Ponga revealed to foxsports.com.au last month he also plans not to employ a professional manager again.

Ponga is leaving the stable of manager Wayde Rushton in favour of having his father, Andre, help manage his career.

Likewise with Addo-Carr, who says he has learned to keep his circle of confidants small, and only heed the advice of people with the best intentions for himself.

Some of those people are his teammates in the Indigenous All Stars, who he is spending this week with in the lead-up to Saturday’s game.

Indigenous teammate Latrell Mitchell has also recently gone through a messy change of management.

Addo-Carr says he’s now learning who he should and shouldn’t listen to. And his advice to young players is to figure out quickly who they should trust.

“I’ve really thought about that. You get older and you start realising who’s there, who’s not, who’s got your back and who you can trust,” Addo-Carr said.

“I’m really close with heaps of these (indigenous) boys as everyone knows, they are true gentlemen, they are great role models.

“I’ve worked my backside off to be where I am today so I’m extremely proud to be where I am and where all these boys are heading.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...e/news-story/574b48712a0ce9c028b74d3cf7365ee8

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Josh Addo-Carr reveals why he will manage his own career from now on. He’s not the only one

Melbourne superstar Josh Addo-Carr has revealed he won’t employ an accredited NRL agent again once the split with his current manager is finalised.

The ‘Foxx’ is negotiating an end to his contract with Pacific Sports Management and agent Chris Orr, which he says is close to being done.

And once that divorce has been rubber stamped, Addo-Carr plans to essentially manage his own football career.

He’s employed a lawyer to help with his current situation, and will lean on the professional again to help nut out the finer details of any future contracts or deals.

That will have to happen in the coming months, as the All Stars and Origin star is looking to leave the Storm at season’s end and join a Sydney club.

“Heaps of the boys, like (Storm teammate) Christian Welch, he’s said he’s going to do stuff himself so I might just have a lawyer to help me with that stuff,” Addo-Carr revealed to foxsports.com.au from All Stars camp on the Gold Coast.

“I’ve never really done that before (negotiated a contract). I’m not thinking that far ahead to be honest... I’m focused on playing good footy with the Storm, I’ve made my mind up to stay the year.

“My lawyer is doing everything for me now, so in terms of contracts and all that I might get him to do it. He’s doing a good job now trying to get stuff sorted with my management. I may as well just stay with him.

“He’s good at what he does and he definitely wants the best for me, and that’s all I ever wanted, for people I trust to do the best for me and my family.”

Addo-Carr is just the latest of a number of rugby league players who are moving away from accredited agents.

His Melbourne teammate Welch has been handling his own contract negotiations, and Newcastle star Kalyn Ponga revealed to foxsports.com.au last month he also plans not to employ a professional manager again.

Ponga is leaving the stable of manager Wayde Rushton in favour of having his father, Andre, help manage his career.

Likewise with Addo-Carr, who says he has learned to keep his circle of confidants small, and only heed the advice of people with the best intentions for himself.

Some of those people are his teammates in the Indigenous All Stars, who he is spending this week with in the lead-up to Saturday’s game.

Indigenous teammate Latrell Mitchell has also recently gone through a messy change of management.

Addo-Carr says he’s now learning who he should and shouldn’t listen to. And his advice to young players is to figure out quickly who they should trust.

“I’ve really thought about that. You get older and you start realising who’s there, who’s not, who’s got your back and who you can trust,” Addo-Carr said.

“I’m really close with heaps of these (indigenous) boys as everyone knows, they are true gentlemen, they are great role models.

“I’ve worked my backside off to be where I am today so I’m extremely proud to be where I am and where all these boys are heading.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...e/news-story/574b48712a0ce9c028b74d3cf7365ee8
This has another Klemmer situation written all over it.

The player negotiates his own deal then a few months or years down the track a manager comes along and tells the player he is being low balled so he requests a release so the manager can get his cut.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
No Player manager, but a Lawyer. Same Same. Hopefully it works in our favour.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
while JAC is learning who he can and can't trust, so are the clubs with all these guys trying to break contracts :grinning:

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
maybe not... he convinced Dallin to come to the Dogs, and may have had a hand in CHN... I often wonder if his words to Dallin would have been different if Phil thought that he himself was going to stick around at Pemriff.
I’m witn you mate he loves the dogs he knows all about the culture he will send them both ways plus I don’t think him and panthers are as tight as many think

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I’m witn you mate he loves the dogs he knows all about the culture he will send them both ways plus I don’t think him and panthers are as tight as many think
not at all. He would be absolutely livid about them going behind his back to sign daddy dearest after all the hard work he did, not to mention putting in the work in to mend the situation with Bennett

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
My first post all day... and I have to keep posting in these old threads 23 pages long lol.. still 2 more weeks of torture :weary::weary:

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
My first post all day... and I have to keep posting in these old threads 23 pages long lol.. still 2 more weeks of torture :weary::weary:
3 weeks today haha

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Thanks Nat.. Lol, I was trying to make it sound a little better. Don’t ruin my buzz :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
Haha well in a few hours it’s less than 3 weeks haha. This has been the longest off season ever

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Amen to that !! Couldn’t agree more, it’s been hell lol.
I reckon Saturday's trial will ramp things up in here...one way or another there'll be plenty to talk/whinge about.

Dog4life77

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If Tigers can medically retire Packer..i see JAC returning to the Tigers..
Otherwise,I can’t see him ending up anywhere but Souths..
All the bullshit that he had already signed with us..what absolute rubbish..
You only find out the real truth when the players themselves decide to inform the public,and not a moment before..
Dog 4 Life

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
https://www.foxsports.com.au/video/league/nrl/2020-all-up-in-the-air!765663
"It's a bit of a shit fight at the moment" - JAC. In regards to where JAC's going to end up in 2021.
He doesn’t know where he is going to end up in terms of living arrangements.. Belmore, Campsie, Belfield, Earlwood.. or does he move to the shire area as that’s only 25mins or so to training at Belmore ;):tearsofjoy: tbh that clip didn’t really show too much either way but I doubt he hasn’t already spoken to a club or more so had a family member met with a club official to discuss the possibility.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Haha love the answer he hasn’t spoken to anyone because he’s not allowed to yet. His lawyer has coached him well to avoid more drama with Chris Orr