News Addo-Carr says Bulldogs can see the error of their ways

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Star winger Josh Addo-Carr says the Bulldogs “can’t feel sorry for ourselves” after they fumbled and bumbled their way to a 16-6 loss to Newcastle at Suncorp Stadium on Friday night.

The error-riddled defeat plunged the Bulldogs to 16th on the ladder with a 2-8 record – the last spot they wanted to be after an off-season spending spree that netted the likes of Addo-Carr, Matt Burton and Tevita Pangai Jnr.

After going into half-time at 6-6, Canterbury faded fast in the second half to finish with 14 handling errors, completing just 23 sets out of 35, missing 27 tackles to Newcastle’s 14 and making no line breaks for the match.

Addo-Carr scored Canterbury’s only try from a Burton grubber kick in the first half to take his career Magic Round tally to six four-pointers.

But with the Doggies spilling so much ball, he had limited opportunities.

“We put ourselves under a lot of pressure and released the pressure on them…we are working harder than what we should,’’ Addo-Carr said.

“We are doing some really good stuff but it’s about being consistent with it … the first-tackle plays, the errors, are just letting us down. We are not giving ourselves a chance with those errors.”

The Bulldogs have seven days to regroup before facing Wests Tigers in round 11 and Addo-Carr says the turnaround starts on the training track.

“If you are consistent at training, you’re going to take it onto the footy field. We can’t sit around and feel sorry for ourselves,’’ he said.

“We’ve got to train good, prepare good and go out with a good attitude. It’s as simple as that.’’

Bulldogs coach Trent Barrett wasn't about to sugar coat his team's performance.

“They are courageous and they try hard but that’s not good enough to win you a game in the NRL, you’ve got to control the footy,’’ said Barrett.

“Until we learn to cut out those individual errors and build pressure and come up with the right kick at the right time, it’s the same every week.

“Across the board we are making too many errors and making it too hard on ourselves… everyone needs to have a look at themselves.’’

Barrett said back-rower Corey Waddell looked pretty “sick” in the sheds post-match after suffering a concussion while attempting a tackle on Mitch Barnett in the second half.

AucklandDog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
JAC needs to stfu and convince Munster to come to Belmore

Enough of the running across field, clapping, ass slapping and tarzan chest beating

Same applies to Gould, get the fuck off Twitter and get your house in order

top-dog

bulldog 4 life
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Tell him to please shut up it’s not him it’s the wankers around him

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Actions speak louder than words..!!

Fox you are the bulldogs ..!!

Wally D

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Laziness and stupidity. Too many dumb and lazy mistakes

Bulldog wazza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Fair assessment and the reality is the lower grade players aren't the answer which some are advocating for. Fitness and playing under duress highlights their technique, applying in their skills are not getting them through the games. Mentally they need to really begin rebuilding their confidence in themselves and their ability to move forward and remain consistent. This is going to have a big impact on the juniors coming through if we can't set them up for success in years ahead. I do feel the staff around them are failing the lads. Buying players isn't the answer. It's the program and the Coach is responsible for this..

foREVerA7X

Kennel Established
Reaction score
What I find striking is that in the past few weeks, JAC has tried these needless chip and chases which were never going to work.

At the Storm, he never dare dream to do that. Why? He would be absolutely ass raped by Bellyache. Which to me says, JAC does not respect TBaz and that's a sign of loosing the dressing room.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What I find striking is that in the past few weeks, JAC has tried these needless chip and chases which were never going to work.

At the Storm, he never dare dream to do that. Why? He would be absolutely ass raped by Bellyache. Which to me says, JAC does not respect TBaz and that's a sign of loosing the dressing room.
Probably more a reflection of him being frustrated by our attack and trying to conjure a miracle

And yes he wouldn’t try that shit under Bellamy

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I feel sorry for Fox. He's the only genuine leader at the club. He's come in with a great attitude, even in a losing situation.. Yet he's being weighed down by the dumpster fire of a squad and coach he's stuck with.

Jackson needs to be stripped of his captaincy immediately and benched and make Addo-Carr captain. At least Fox is vocal and passionate unlike Jackson who looks like he had a lobotomy and couldn't care less.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Now you finally see it, fkn do something about it.
What has JAC said, that hasn't been said after every bloody loss?

We'll hear that the team has trained the house down, and this week are ready for for a big game.....then we see the same dropped balls, the same missed tackles, the same headless chooks in attack, the same lack of energy, and the same lack of involvement - only to be told, "yeah, we see where we're going wrong, and we'll work on it at training". Give us a break.

Shape up or ship out.

I don't give a damn whether you are on big money, a superstar of the game, or a trans gender netball player - just do your bloody job - the job fans wait all week to see, and pay good money on the limited wages they earn for a bit of an escape from the shit they deal with every day. It's an insult to ask them to hand over their money only to get the same grief a footy game is supposed to help them escape from.

Your job is to give them hope, and uplift their spirits.

Stargate44

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Fair assessment and the reality is the lower grade players aren't the answer which some are advocating for. Fitness and playing under duress highlights their technique, applying in their skills are not getting them through the games. Mentally they need to really begin rebuilding their confidence in themselves and their ability to move forward and remain consistent. This is going to have a big impact on the juniors coming through if we can't set them up for success in years ahead. I do feel the staff around them are failing the lads. Buying players isn't the answer. It's the program and the Coach is responsible for this..
Wasn't some of the "New Players" questioning our pre-season training in the terms that it wasn't intense like their previous clubs?? Watching them against Newcastle, Fitness is a real concern as well as "No Structure" in their play.....

Last edited:

Jay76

Waterboy
Reaction score

Maybe. I think it's a sign that he's frustrated and can't rely on anyone else to make something happen in attack.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Sorry JAC but that turned into blah blah blah by sentence 3. If I wanted to read or listen to repeated dribble I would watch the presser.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Nobody respects the staff and for good reason. The Biggest nail in the coffin came a week after the Roosters game... When the players realised they needed to put in 150% for 80min every week with these game plans to get a win whilst other teams can play half a game at 100% and jag one.

Its demoralizing.

In regards to the errors, 1 or 2 unforced errors are just normal but how many are forced? Players losing balls under pressure or in tackles or trying to get a quick play the ball..... Its because of the game plan, it because we are always on the back foot and under pressure.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Even if they hold the ball, there’s still no attack. We can barely score 1 try a game since baz has been coach
Yep and it further worries me that the focus will be on holding onto the ball and further stifle our already stifle attack.