Adam Reynolds

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Easy to say we should have got Reynolds like it was Supercoach, but reality is probably different. We probably didn't have the cash he wanted for starters, we need a lot more than just a half, Brisbane didn't. We need Mahoney just as much as a half. The thought is he was keen to come to Brisbane for more reasons than the broncos too.

We got Burton and mahoney for less than Reynolds wages. We still need more than a half so I doubt we had a million to spend on a half.
Just so everyone knows
A Reynolds was happy to stay at Souths for three years @ 650k
I’m pretty sure someone with an ounce of negotiation skill could have got him here for at least 700k (less than TPJ and Kikau)
I’m sure he would have rather stayed in Sydney at the time and all the hype around the Dogs at this time. It’s just big obvious mistake after big obvious mistake.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
You people have rocks in your heqds.
How do you live always lamenting the not haves? Or should I say not halves. ( terrible I Know)

Look to next year.

JMK gooone.
Mahoney in.

Maybe TBaz gets sacked who knows.

But fark me if we signed Reynolds. We dont sign mahoney. And we would still be stuck with JMK top 5 hooker next year.

More plodders to be shed and other signings coming.

This is enough posotive for me. Today.
I'd sacrifice Kikau or TPJ if it meant getting a premiership winner like Reynolds or even Hynes.

The spine is the most important, can't do shit without a good spine.

Reactions: TAS

Stargate44

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Why aren’t we chasing his signature? He’s the best available half going around. Stick him and Burton in the halves and Flanagan on the bench as a utility. Flanno might learn a thing or 2 off Reynolds until he’s ready to retire. If we were to sign him and a couple of decent props I think we’d have a competitive team
We missed the boat on this.....
Look how he is playing for Brisbane atm.........
Shame on the Bulldogs..........
We got TPJ instead..........

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Knew Reynolds was a great buy but the issue isn’t this year. He’s got 3. I’m not confident he holds together for that and for the $ he is on he has to. That’s why the bunnies didn’t give him 3.

Regardless fantastic this year. See how year unfolds, year 2 and 3….

Much happier with Burton signing even if he isn’t remotely the same product YET. If Burton bails then yeh fuck it’s just fucked. If he sticks with us then we made the right choice. He will be elite for a long time to come he’s a kid and someone we can build around for a decade.

Reynolds etc at burtons age and experience wasn’t what he is today.

That’s the finished conditioned experienced product with quality forwards and backs.

Also we thought we had Johnson in the bag…

Anyway Burton and Mahoney on say a combined 1.1mil roughly next year or Reynolds on way 8? I know who I take.

We still need a 7 and 1 urgently along with a 13 and a big body prop to replace Thompson. I’d rather Vaughan and tpj or king with Thompson’s pay straight to the 7 when we can. Throw dufty, Flanagan, Allen’s wage straight to the 1 and we have two elite players with some minimum depth around it.

That’s without the other flops we need to see the back of the at are all no doubt overpaid in jmk, Waddell, Stimson, averilo, wakeham.

Sadly Jacko is cooked too. Games passed him.

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd sacrifice Kikau or TPJ if it meant getting a premiership winner like Reynolds or even Hynes.

The spine is the most important, can't do shit without a good spine.
Reynolds would have fixed now and made us feel better now. But in 2,3 years we would be back here again. Look at how Foran leaving left us exposed and no where to go.

At least with decent forwards signed for the next 3 to 4 years when we finally get that 7 we need it will be in a much better team. We already have mahoney and Burto as future 2 of 3 spine players. Just gotta make sure we get the right 7.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can have the best backs in the game, in your side but without a strong, mobile forward pack you’ll continue to see what we’ve seen for the last 3 or 4 years. Has always been the case, everything starts with your forwards then and only then will your backs shine.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You can have the best backs in the game, in your side but without a strong, mobile forward pack you’ll continue to see what we’ve seen for the last 3 or 4 years. Has always been the case, everything starts with your forwards then and only then will your backs shine.
Our pack has never been our problem. We may lack a forward leader but we have consistently played boring footy and have not been able ice attacking opportunities for years. Our spine is clearly our problem.

Magic Arrow

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We probably paid not much more for those 4 players than Reynolds costs by himself. Ppl aren't getting it, we needed money for more players so couldn't afford a million dollar 7. Brisbane were ok for players but no 7, and Milfords money almost pays for Reynolds.
He was on massive overs.

And who says he even considered coming here. Moving a few suburbs over isn't a life change, which he may have been after as well.
Nah this is untrue. Reynolds signed a three year deal for $2.2m according to multiple media reports. We paid more for TPJ alone. Reynolds is not on a million.

Magic Arrow

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Reynolds would have fixed now and made us feel better now. But in 2,3 years we would be back here again. Look at how Foran leaving left us exposed and no where to go.

At least with decent forwards signed for the next 3 to 4 years when we finally get that 7 we need it will be in a much better team. We already have mahoney and Burto as future 2 of 3 spine players. Just gotta make sure we get the right 7.
We have a losing culture at the moment. If he fixes us for a few years it’s definitely worth it. Kimmorley was only here for two years and nobody considers his signing a failure.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Imagine what 3yrs under Reynolds would do for BBO? Priceless.

Honestly a year or two under Benji would’ve helped a lot.