Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Brisbane went within 10 sec of a GF win after they got pumped in rd. 1 in 2015
broncos had alot of good players though... we have 3 maybe 4

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
broncos had alot of good players though... we have 3 maybe 4
Just making a point teams can bounce back whether it's a few wins or the comp. This team isn't a world beater but it's better than the shit dished up today.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just making a point teams can bounce back whether it's a few wins or the comp. This team isn't a world beater but it's better than the shit dished up today.
There needs to be a huge bounce back next week or things get rather ugly in terms of the draw and we could go a very long stretch with no win.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fuck me this place is deadset bipolar. One loss and the knives are out.

We were on a hiding to nothing today. After the events of yesterday the warriors were always going to be fired up. Yesterday was a sad day for the kiwis. We were unfortunately up for an ambush.

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
No no no .. sack everyone... new coach, new staff, and every single player... oh and the board.

and when we get new people if we lose a single game... sack them again.

Losing is unacceptable and we MUST win every game.
Give us the positive of today’s game?
Other than your normal refs are against us, or the home team were never going to lose?
Tell us the positives?

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We have some deadset peaheart supporters on here. PLay a shit game first up against a team that has the whole world behind them on a very emotional day and everyone wants to sack everyone on the team, coaching staff etc. etc.

Yes, we were terrible. But it's the first game of the season. The positives from today? It's the first game of the season and has very littel reflection on the rest of the season. If we're playing this week next week and for the next 4 then I'll be worried.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Other than your normal refs are against us, or the home team were never going to lose?
Tell us the positives?
He's saying sacking isn't the solution. Simple.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tell us the positives?
There fucking werent any bud. The end. I believe pays decisions with players picked out of position and useless game plans cannot be levelled up or go unnoticed because we dont have great players. None of that has anything to do with the players game today or there skill level. Them decisions were made well before kick off all from the head coach. And were obviusly wrong to most with a brain. Not good enough. Times up for pay hes had 30 rounds now to get that simple shit right.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
We have some deadset peaheart supporters on here. PLay a shit game first up against a team that has the whole world behind them on a very emotional day and everyone wants to sack everyone on the team, coaching staff etc. etc.

Yes, we were terrible. But it's the first game of the season. The positives from today? It's the first game of the season and has very littel reflection on the rest of the season. If we're playing this week next week and for the next 4 then I'll be worried.
we've been playing shit for the past four seasons, now going on 5, but it's not the fact that we are playing shit, it's the fact that inconsistent players and performances are accepted at our club... that's a loser culture and not the Bulldogs club that I know

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
we've been playing shit for the past four seasons, now going on 5, but it's not the fact that we are playing shit, it's the fact that inconsistent players and performances are accepted at our club... that's a loser culture and not the Bulldogs club that I know
Get what you're saying, and share your frustration with the club and direction is has been going.

Things can't be changed overnight, and to expect anything else is crazy. Pay has had his first real preseaon without massive distruption, and with players that he wants. To expect everything to change by the first game is crazy, especially when he's bringing in new players and apparent way of playing.

Yes, it's an absolute terrible start. Yes, it's not good enough. Yes, we've been shit for a while. Yes, Pay has had some time to implement his vision. But let's at least be honest about it, this year is his real first year because he inherited an absolulte mess last year. And even now in the preseason there's been massive distruptions.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
No no no .. sack everyone... new coach, new staff, and every single player... oh and the board.

and when we get new people if we lose a single game... sack them again.

Losing is unacceptable and we MUST win every game.

this is potentially the 5th year of disappointment brother... nobody is basing their complaints solely on yesterday.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'd take Anthony Griffin tbh he had Panthers at the top last year till Gus had a hissy fit

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There’s ways of losing and losses are acceptable many a time

However yesterday didn’t apply to any

It’s the manner of the loss and the same shiet players picked

We have another hasler on our hands
Dejavu ffs

Chase Stanley
Sherex
Sam Perrett etc

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Fuck me this place is deadset bipolar. One loss and the knives are out.

We were on a hiding to nothing today. After the events of yesterday the warriors were always going to be fired up. Yesterday was a sad day for the kiwis. We were unfortunately up for an ambush.
So a team fires up in the first game of the year and we roll over comeon thats a massive copout the buck stops with pay

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
So a team fires up in the first game of the year and we roll over comeon thats a massive copout the buck stops with pay
Don't believe that's what he's saying.

Think the point is that it's the first game, and difficult to truly judge a team based on that one performance. There were a lot of factors going on here. People really aren't giving the emotional support the Warriors had behind them enough credit. The best thing is to chalk it off as one of those days and move on.

Personally I'm waiting to see the response from the team. How players and coaches react after bitter losses I believe best demonstrate the direction of a team. Let's wait and see how we go.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
this is potentially the 5th year of disappointment brother... nobody is basing their complaints solely on yesterday.
Potentially it is the 5th year of disappointment and I'm sure he'll agree with making changes once he can see Pay has been given some type of chance to show himself.

The point I believe he's making is that Pay hasn't been with the club for 5 years, nor has he had a preseason without major disruption. Surely he deserves a little more time than ONE GAME to show what he's doing?

Let's start this conversation again in 5-6 weeks. If we're still playing the same way then OK. I'm sure he'd agree with you, but until then .... PATIENCE PEOPLE!