Opinion Adam O’Brien

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If I was on the board I’d be sounding out this guy for a potential head coaching role.

Served an apprenticeship under one of the best and not Ricky flop Stuart.

Smart young coach and definitely one to watch going forward.

Just a suggestion coz I can’t see the team improving from 40 point thrashing.

We didn’t even oppose a storm, roosters or Souths side.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If I was on the board I’d be sounding out this guy for a potential head coaching role.

Brisbane went within 10 sec of a GF win after they got pumped in rd. 1 in 2015

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Brisbane went within 10 sec of a GF win after they got pumped in rd. 1 in 2015
Are u being serious or taking the piss
Plz let it be the latter.
Are u comparing a star studded 2015 bris team to what we have running out 5 hours ago.
Wowwwww

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Are u comparing a star studded 2015 bris team to what we have running out 5 hours ago.
Wowwwww
How about us doing a Penrith 2003 or Tigers 2005..

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Wowwwww
Think you're missing the point. What he's saying is you can't judge a season on the first game. Relax and judge after a a few games at least. This is what he's saying.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Think you're missing the point. What he's saying is you can't judge a season on the first game. Relax and judge after a a few games at least. This is what he's saying.
No I’m not missing the point
He isn’t the person to take us forward and he has had enough time

Wayne Rooney

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Wowwwww
Star studded team indeed!

Far from the team we have now

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
Yeah you pretty much can judge the season.
We were shit in every aspect of the game. Not one positive to take out of today. We are spoon favourites for a reason.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Wowwwww
Bit of both... Obviously we aint winning the comp with this team but whose to say we cant play cohesive footy like in the first half of the trial against the raiders.

Personally i questioned Pay before the season started but maybe its best to take a breath and a step back and atleast wait for a few games.

bigstix

Waterboy
Reaction score

Will make Montoya into a young Jmoz? Or holland as good as inglis? Will this new coach sprinkle magic dust on foran and turn back the clock? Will he teach liccha how to run, pass and kick from dummy half? I could go on and on but you get my point

Jean-Claude Juncker

Kennel Established
Reaction score

If we don't get to 50-50 win/loss percentage by mid-season, then I will understand if the club seeks to replace Pay. HOWEVER, if that happens, we CANNOT hire another rookie coach -- INCLUDING GEORGALLIS. At that point, we will be in absolute crisis and the job description will require an experienced and sure hand to get us out of this mess.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I missed the game driving home from a funeral. But the naysayers round here need to be put on suicide watch. If the team does this again next week start worrying then. But it's round 1. The Warriors usually have 3-5 good games early on. Unfortunately we copped one of them. I hope it's not the end of the world. But it should embarrass the team and get them to offer some heart next week.

I'd like to know if we were on the wrong end of a massively skewed penalty count too. Give the warriors enough possession and thet can demolish a lot of teams.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
because he served an apprenticeship under Bellamy... oh wait Pay did too... we are fucked no matter who we have, changing coaches at this points just shows further instability which doesnt help in recruitment, we are fucked either way.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Honestly the best hope we have is trying to get justin holbrook from st helens and plead him to convince big Alex Walmsley to come with him and maybe Luke Thompson.