No Source Adam O’Brien to get sacked

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I guess Pearce could do for us what Jason Taylor did for Parra back in 2001 when they signed him as a veteran from North Sydney Bears??? ... Nah it’s Mitchell Pearce, the worst halfback NSW has ever seen!
but he got to bsw and stayed there a long time yo.
compare that to someone like Brooks, Rankin and even Sherwin who never got to that level in the first place!!!!

RobT

Mass debator
Reaction score
So when Bellamy chucks it in this year or next, which of his "Assistant Coaches" is going to take over?

Michael Maguire (assistant coach 2004-09)
Stephen Kearney (assistant coach 2006-10 and 2021)
Brad Arthur (under 20s coach & then assistant coach 2007-10)
Adam O'Brien (development & then assistant coach 2007 to 2018)
Dean Pay (under 20s coach 2010-12)
Anthony Seibold (under 20s coach & then assistant coach 2013-15)
Nathan Brown (coaching consultant 2015)
Jason Ryles (assistant coach 2016-20). He was the most likely but for some reason he has accepted the assistant coach's role for next year at the Chooks after leaving UK RU team due to Covid restrictions. Of course he will have an "NRL Coach" get out clause, the question remains why leave Melbourne when he knew Bellamy was retiring? My guess and it's only guess, is that he was told he wasn't getting the gig, so he left.

There's a lot of bragging that goes on about the "Melbourne System" but it seems to me that it's a myth, once out of Ballmy's guidance the assistants get show up, some rather badly. Their so called "system" is in fact one man, Bellamy and when he retires the house of cards will fall.

Always a Bulldog
I would add Marc Brentnall (son of Doggy gun Greg) to that list. He is a very highly regarded assistant at the Storm.

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would add Marc Brentnall (son of Doggy gun Gary) to that list. He is a very highly regarded assistant at the Storm.
Do you mean Greg Brentnall - the father of Marc.

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes I did. I quickly edited it after posting, but not quickly enough to beat you. Cheers
Mate all good. I only saw him in an interview a few weeks back. He was my idol when I was growing up

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Rumours are rumours
But according to the rumours this is what the team could look like next year.
1 Dufty
2 JAC
3 Naden
4 Allen
5 Cotric
6 Burton
7 Pearce..............Flanagan follows dad. Pearce wants back in Sydney, if Canterbury struck a deal with NC
8 Vaughan.........we are working on a deal
9 Smith...............Still a chance for 2022
10 Hetherington
11 Pangai jnr
12 Jackson
13 Thompson

14 JMK
15 Elliott
16 Seumanufagai
17 Doorey / RFM

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
but he got to bsw and stayed there a long time yo.
compare that to someone like Brooks, Rankin and even Sherwin who never got to that level in the first place!!!!
Go smoke another fat one yo, if you don’t know the reasons Pearce was even selected for NSW to begin with then I’m not waisting my time explaining them to you!

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Jackson is not a second rower, sooner people wake up to this the better. Putting him there is just stuffing up trys to be scored on that side. Do you not see this.

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Jackson is not a second rower, sooner people wake up to this the better. Putting him there is just stuffing up trys to be scored on that side. Do you not see this.
This I agree with, Jacko lost his tryscoring ability many years ago! We need a strike second rower who can tackle... Bingo we just signed TPJ problem solved! Tapine will do nicely too.