Official Adam Elliott re-signs for 3 years

pupmichelle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The same culprits whingeing no matter of the outcome - good or bad

People think we can go around and sign 17 new star players plus another 13 new players to fill the top 30.

We currently have Jack Cogger, Matt Doorey, Kieran Foran, Tyrone Harding, Kerrod Holland, Tui Katoa, Tim Lafai, Marcelo Montoya, Sauaso Sue, Isaiah Tass, Aiden Tolman, Sebastian Winters-Chang off-contract this year.

Thats 12 players off-contract and no doubt the majority will not be re-signed.

Next year we have another 14 players off contract, with the only players contracted beyond 2021 are;
Nick Cotric (2023)
RFM (2022)
Jackson (2023)
Thompson (2023)
Stimson (2022)
Wakeham (2022)
Lewis (2022)
Elliott (2023)

Barrett aint working any miracles next year no matter who we sign, though looking into Barretts future at the dogs, he has some serious cash to splash with a lot of talent off contract next year.

Calm down

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, so lets get rid of our best forward (who experts actually rate). That's a really good solution.
Lol. We wouldnt know if replacing him is a good solution or not but we know keeping the same players we have is not.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

People think we can go around and sign 17 new star players plus another 13 new players to fill the top 30.

We currently have Jack Cogger, Matt Doorey, Kieran Foran, Tyrone Harding, Kerrod Holland, Tui Katoa, Tim Lafai, Marcelo Montoya, Sauaso Sue, Isaiah Tass, Aiden Tolman, Sebastian Winters-Chang off-contract this year.

Next year we have another 14 players off contract, with the only players contracted beyond 2021 are;
Nick Cotric (2023)
RFM (2022)
Jackson (2023)
Thompson (2023)
Stimson (2022)
Wakeham (2022)
Lewis (2022)
Elliott (2023)

Barrett aint working any miracles next year no matter who we sign, though looking into Barretts future at the dogs, he has some serious cash to splash with a lot of talent off contract next year.

Calm down
Lewis is off contract at the end of 21..don't scare people like that :tearsofjoy:

Kennelnator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Nick Cotric (2023)
RFM (2022)
Jackson (2023)
Thompson (2023)
Stimson (2022)
Wakeham (2022)
Lewis (2022)
Elliott (2023)

Calm down
Im going to slit my wrists if i have to watch Lewis for a further 2 years

Artybulldog 26

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
Reaction score
  1. Hoppa
  2. DWZ
  3. Cotric
  4. Averillo
  5. Johnston (300)
  6. Foran
  7. Burton (Min)
  8. TPJ (500)/ Welch (350)
  9. Smith (650)/ Mcinnis (700)/ Starling (Min)
  10. Thompson
  11. Jackson
  12. RFM
  13. Elliott
  14. Watson (200)
  15. Napa
  16. Ogden
  17. Toomonga
See people say we have a bad pack but with Tolman gone, napa benched, and a new attacking style of play, people like Jacko will thrive under it.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score

Nick Cotric (2023)
RFM (2022)
Jackson (2023)
Thompson (2023)
Stimson (2022)
Wakeham (2022)
Lewis (2022)
Elliott (2023)

Calm down
Very well said Michelle

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
  1. Hoppa
  2. DWZ
  3. Cotric
  4. Averillo
  5. Johnston (300)
  6. Foran
  7. Burton (Min)
  8. TPJ (500)/ Welch (350)
  9. Smith (650)/ Mcinnis (700)/ Starling (Min)
  10. Thompson
  11. Jackson
  12. RFM
  13. Elliott
  14. Watson (200)
  15. Napa
  16. Ogden
  17. Toomonga
See people say we have a bad pack but with Tolman gone, napa benched, and a new attacking style of play, people like Jacko will thrive under it.
You drive a hard bargain.. I think you've significantly undervalued every signing with the exception of mcinnes

Suave

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Don't know if its being negative, more about were basically having the same foward pack who obviously havnt got it done.
Nah mate. There are a few comments here that are outright negative (maybe not you specifically).

This is what I would say to those that are hating this re-signing. Here’s what you can’t argue with: the guy massively elevated his game this year, he puts his absolute everything into every run & tackle and obviously loves the club. Now, I would much prefer someone like that in our team than some of the absolute powder puffs I’ve seen running around in our colours these past few weeks.

As someone has already said, you can’t get rid of our entire team and start from scratch and frankly, you want to reward a guy who actually applied himself in the offseason and developed his game. He’s shown much more this year than Jackson, tolman and Napa combined.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'm not in the know and I'd take this info with a grain of salt but I was just told by a mate who works with the Warriors that New Zealand offered a two year deal with a third year in their favour, and Elliot knocked back a bit of extra coin (not much supposedly) in favour of having the third year guaranteed by the Bulldogs.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
But he try's hard mate, that's all most fans seem to care about. To think that we were once a powerhouse club. Three more years of plodding coming up.
I hope Barrett was consulted and signed off on this deal then it’s his responsibility to get value out of the dumbass if not it’ll be the whole “it’s not my roster“ routine

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Nah mate. There are a few comments here that are outright negative (maybe not you specifically).

This is what I would say to those that are hating this re-signing. Here’s what you can’t argue with: the guy massively elevated his game this year, he puts his absolute everything into every run & tackle and obviously loves the club. Now, I would much prefer someone like that in our team than some of the absolute powder puffs I’ve seen running around in our colours these past few weeks.

As someone has already said, you can’t get rid of our entire team and start from scratch and frankly, you want to reward a guy who actually applied himself in the offseason and developed his game. He’s shown much more this year than Jackson, tolman and Napa combined.
Hes fucking shit.

All that effort for dropped balls and giving away stupid penalties and 2 metre hit ups with negative 10 metre post contact metres

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
For what it's worth rumoured figures are dogs paid 1.25mil for 3yrs. Dogs wouldn't budge on the offer. Warriors offered 1.5mil and he obviously knocked them back. Dragons didn't put in an offer
Yes I can imagine,but the worry is his off field behavior,we don’t want to b in the news for all the wrong reasons

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Our starting props should be ogden/renouf with thomp at lock and napa off the bench smashing *****

Reactions: GDR

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I hope Barrett was consulted and signed off on this deal then it’s his responsibility to get value out of the dumbass if not it’ll be the whole “it’s not my roster“ routine
Of course he was consulted. He’s been speaking with Elliot through whole negotiations. He personally said wanted him in his plans. Also told him there will be a big change in roster moving forward

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Of course he was consulted. He’s been speaking with Elliot through whole negotiations. He personally said wanted him in his plans. Also told him there will be a big change in roster moving forward
And like I said it’s his responsibility to get value out of the dumbass if he’s signed off on the deal