Official Adam Elliott re-signs for 3 years

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree but its looking more and more like the starting pack will be.

Napa
Thompson
JJ
Rfm
Elliot.

Which is basically what we have now just with a British (depending on who you talk to) better version of Tolman.

New coach or not, and a new hooker there isn't enough there imo to dominate other forwars packs.
i think if we can get rid of tolman and get one more good prop then we will be in good stead. over the years we've been okay making metres, we just havent been able to convert it into points. i feel with a good 9 that knows how to bring forwards onto the ball our pack will be playing a lot better. also think napa needs to be given that flick asap, he tries but he is painfully slow both in his runs and play the balls and it stifles our attack massively

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Nothing against Elliot but our pack is too small the way it is and with Thompson, Napa, Jackson, RFM, To'omaga, Ogden, Britt, Stimson, Smith, Topine and Doorey all on the books for next season I think we were covered except for the need of one more big body up front.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Nothing against Elliot but our pack is too small the way it is and with Thompson, Napa, Jackson, RFM, To'omaga, Ogden, Britt, Stimson, Smith, Topine and Doorey all on the books for next season I think we were covered except for the need of one more big body up front.
Agree...
The answer is Pangai jr !!!

Paul Doolans mirror

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Although i disagree with the re-signing of ahmed el liott, if barrett wanted to keep him then thats good enough for me.Lets all hope that he doesnt want tolman to stay.

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Elliott is a similar player to Nathan Brown.. it's hard to forget how bad Elliot was those first couple of seasons (hence the hate) but he has consistently improved.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That just isn't true what so ever. He's played more than double a few good games this year alone. The only thing against Elliott in the past is brain explosions (trying to do too much) and errors and penalties which this year were almost completely out of his game. After the premium locks Elliott is one of the better locks in the competition and he's all heart and has similar traits to Ennis, Graham and Reynolds. It would of been bizarre to let Elliott go when we could retain him for a responsible amount.
Im with you on this for sure. Im very happy to hear that he has re-signed. Fantastic news.
My thoughts all along were that if Elliot was to leave we would re-sign Tolman, so im stoked to learn Elliot is sticking around.
I also think that Elliots best years are ahead of him! He has finally got the errrs out of his game and has become the player the club expected him to be.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If Elliott is re-signed for around 400k then I won't complain. He'll be decent value if that figure is true.

The problem is next year between Elliott, Napa, Thompson and Jackson that's $2.5 million and a quarter of the cap on four forwards.

Using the rest of the cap space on a hooker, one or maybe two halves and a fullback is vital if we want to make the finals any time soon.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Carrigan offers nothing in attack and lock isn't a metre eater prop position anymore (is ~140m even considered that?). Carrigan is a modern day prop, not lock. Carrigan has more metres than Radley but it doesn't mean shit (same with tackles). Also a bit of dribble there because the penalty count difference is 1:8 in favour of Elliott...
Funny how you can think significantly more metres offers nothing in attack? Don’t understand the logic but yeah made an error with the penalties ( I do make them like most humans unfortunately) not on the players errors though Elliot has him covered there. Carrigan will have a big future ahead he has only played a handful of first grade games compared to Elliot and as I said miles in front at the same age. If you think metres gained or tackles don’t mean shit then you have never played the game in your life.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
If Elliott is re-signed for around 400k then I won't complain. He'll be decent value if that figure is true.

The problem is next year between Elliott, Napa, Thompson and Jackson that's $2.5 million and a quarter of the cap on four forwards.

Using the rest of the cap space on a hooker, one or maybe two halves and a fullback is vital if we want to make the finals any time soon.
If we try cogger at hooker we might have a gun hooker there. We need to try it at least. Even Holland worth a look at hooker for a bigger slice of the game.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Butterfingers aka penalty liability is our "star" forward? Our board still doesn't know what a clean out is.
He doesn’t need to be cleaned out. He’s a good player that’s worth 300-400k. It’s plodders like Tolman, Napa and Jacko that are shot. They got nothing

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Funny how you can think significantly more metres offers nothing in attack? Don’t understand the logic but yeah made an error with the penalties ( I do make them like most humans unfortunately) not on the players errors though Elliot has him covered there. Carrigan will have a big future ahead he has only played a handful of first grade games compared to Elliot and as I said miles in front at the same age. If you think metres gained or tackles don’t mean shit then you have never played the game in your life.
They're two different players/styles. Carrigan has NO attacking stats. Carrigan averaging an extra ~40 metres doesn't cover up for lack of (basically no) attacking stats. Looking at the two players in comparison I'd take Elliott any day of the week as a lock.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not fussed either way. 3 years seems 1 too many at a minimum