Official Adam Elliott re-signs for 3 years

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Adam Elliott has knocked back a rich offer from the Warriors to ink a three-year contract extension with the Bulldogs while Kane Evans will join the New Zealand-based side.

The injured back-rower was pursued by the Warriors and St George Illawarra but has opted to remain in Belmore under incoming coach Trent Barrett.

Elliott, 25, has played 83 top-grade games since making his debut for the club in 2016 but won’t play again this season because of a shoulder injury.

While the Warriors missed out on Elliott they have signed Eels prop Kane Evans for the next two years to go with Euan Aitken’s arrival at the club next year.

1597204766717.png

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
8. Tamou
9. ?
10. thompson
11. Pangai
12. Rfm
13. Elliot

14. Jackson
15. Renouf
16. Ogden
17. Napa

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
8. Tamou
9. ?
10. thompson
11. Pangai
12. Rfm
13. Elliot

14. Jackson
15. Renouf
16. Ogden
17. Napa
8. Thompson
9. B. Smith
10. Napa (replaced for 2022, bring Finucane back :D )
11. Jackson
12. RFM
13. Elliott

14. JMK
15. To'omaga
16. Sue (Seumanutafa)
17. C. Smith (Topine)

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
The guy has a career average runs metres of 77 LOL
2020 (7 games)
~65 minutes
1 try
2 try assists
2 line breaks
1 line break assist
~37 tackles
15 tackle breaks (~2.1)
14 offloads (~2)
3 errors
~106 metres
1 penalty conceded

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
2020 (7 games)
~65 minutes
1 try
2 try assists
2 line breaks
1 line break assist
~37 tackles
15 tackle breaks (~2.1)
14 offloads (~2)
3 errors
~106 metres
1 penalty conceded
Yeah 8 games.

Look I dont mind him, but don't you think we need change? If we sign him, then have Thompson JJ NAPA and RFM its going to be pretty much the same pack that has been dominated for years.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Yeah 8 games.

Look I dont mind him, but don't you think we need change? If we sign him, then have Thompson JJ NAPA and RFM its going to be pretty much the same pack that has been dominated for years.
Change comes from replacing Tolman. We will also replace Napa after next year. We do need change but you don't get rid of your best forward when you can keep him for a reasonable price. The real change should be at hooker and who's partnering Foran.

Also I'm not going to include the 8th game because Elliott went off basically at the start and didn't return (Manly), which lowers all of his averages.

Here is Carrigan which half The Kennel were frothing over previously:
~63 minutes (12 games)
0 tries
0 try assists
0 line breaks
0 line break assists
~44 tackles
20 tackle breaks (~1.7)
6 offloads (~0.5)
1 error
~144 metres
8 penalties conceded

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Change comes from replacing Tolman. We will also replace Napa after next year. We do need change but you don't get rid of your best forward when you can keep him for a reasonable price. The real change should be at hooker and who's partnering Foran.
Fair enough. Let's hope they do replace tolman though. Otherwise it's the same plodding worker pack that has failed for four years.

Novocastrian

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Apart from TPJ not much else on the market better then him to be honest.
Elliot offers more then Jackson in my opinion. Jacko needs a holiday and a different training regime.
Hopefully under an attacking style coach he will improve.
Our next signing needs to be Brandon Smith, sick of seeing tigers linked to him. Why not get the sponser to contact him and gauge interest in hooker spot and hefty wage.

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
agree, our pack does need to change to become better but i have napa and tolman leaving first out of anyone (both are on more money than what i would imagine elliot has resigned on anyway)

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Watch him go backwards now I don't see why so many wanted him to stay he has only played a few decent games since he been in 1st grade
That just isn't true what so ever. He's played more than double a few good games this year alone. The only thing against Elliott in the past is brain explosions (trying to do too much) and errors and penalties which this year were almost completely out of his game. After the premium locks Elliott is one of the better locks in the competition and he's all heart and has similar traits to Ennis, Graham and Reynolds. It would of been bizarre to let Elliott go when we could retain him for a responsible amount.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
agree, our pack does need to change to become better but i have napa and tolman leaving first out of anyone (both are on more money than what i would imagine elliot has resigned on anyway)
I agree but its looking more and more like the starting pack will be.

Napa
Thompson
JJ
Rfm
Elliot.

Which is basically what we have now just with a British (depending on who you talk to) better version of Tolman.

New coach or not, and a new hooker there isn't enough there imo to dominate other forwars packs.