Votes: 344 91.7%
  • No

Votes: 31 8.3%

• Total voters

red-dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yeah I just read:
"It comes after The Daily Telegraph’s Dean Ritchie first reported “an influential pocket of dissenting Bulldogs players” want the book thrown at Elliott".

Anyone know if this has been talked about/posted anywhere on here?
I'd love to know who we would even consider an influential pocket of players lmao half the team are leaving at the end of the year. Apart from Jackson, do we even have anyone resembling a leader/influential?

Holbi49

Waterboy
Reaction score
On reasonably big bucks, we can use the dough elsewhere to better the roster. See ya Adam, thanks for a few good games, too few really.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I'd say its all to do with the priors for Elliott. I don't really care what Boyle gets to be honest.
i know there are priors but i dont think in this case there is anything to it, just my opinion. She followed him into toilet dont forget.

Doggone1975

Kennel Established
Reaction score
My opinion is that recovering from addiction is a long process, there will almost always be slip ups and if the club decides to support him through this, I applaud them. Other high profile players aka Pearce have gotten away with repeat offences that were a lot worse. I totally respect the right of others to hold a different view and to feel he should be moved on. I may argue with them about it, but I do understand their position.

What I can't hack is really damaging innuendo that he may have committed an act of sexual assault, etc. I take @JackDog at his word that he didn't mean anything malicious and that he hopes it isn't the case.....I just think something as serious as sexual assualt should not be speculated about. Nobody deserves to be the subject of that kind of speculation if there is no allegation or evidence suggesting it could be the case. Let alone somebody who has received comments of public support from the other person involved in the incident.
When his first incident involves criminal charges and his second involves another man's partner ( while he is in a relationship)... His third strike means being sacked. ALL INVOLVE ALCOHOL!!
Don't make any excuses about addiction because people in the real world have to face their consequences so why shouldnt he. Time to man up and face reality.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
When his first incident involves criminal charges and his second involves another man's partner ( while he is in a relationship)... His third strike means being sacked. ALL INVOLVE ALCOHOL!!
Don't make any excuses about addiction because people in the real world have to face their consequences so why shouldnt he. Time to man up and face reality.
Part of rehabilitation is facing, accepting and living with the consequence. Without consequence why change?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
NRL fines Dugan, Elliott over off-field incidents

The NRL has fined Josh Dugan $50,000 and Adam Elliott $10,000 respectively over recent incidents.
It was announced on Thursday that Dugan has been issued a breach notice for failing to comply with the game's biosecurity protocols.

According to the NRL statement, it proposes that he will also be removed from the club's biosecurity bubble in NSW. Dugan, who was fined $25,000 by the NRL for breaching the NRL's biosecurity protocols in June by visiting a Potts Points restaurant, did not travel to Queensland with the Sharks squad when it relocated recently.

Dugan is alleged to have driven to Lithgow with a friend on the evening of August 20, in contravention of the game's Level 4 Protocols.
"In considering the proposed penalty, the NRL took into account that the alleged breach was Dugan's second serious contravention of biosecurity protocols in the past two months," the NRL said in a statement.

"The NRL alleges that Dugan has shown a continued failure to comply with the protocols and poses an unacceptable risk to his teammates in the NSW bubble."

Under the NSW Public Health Order for the current COVID-19 outbreak, residents are not permitted to move outside their LGA or five kilometres from their home except for specific reasons, including work or to receive medical treatment.

Dugan, 31, is off contract with Cronulla at the end of the season and has been told that he is not part of the club's plans for 2022 under incoming coach Craig Fitzgibbon.

He has five working days to respond to the breach notice, as does Elliott, who is alleged to have brought the game into disrepute and failed to comply with biosecurity protocols.

It is proposed that he must complete education and training on top of his fine.
"The notice alleges Elliott brought the game into disrepute after he was removed by security from a Gold Coast restaurant on August 22. It also alleges that the conduct leading to his removal breached the game's biosecurity protocols."

Broncos NRLW forward Millie Boyle has been issued with a warning regarding her conduct at the restaurant and will be given education and training regarding the obligations of players in public. NRLW players are currently not subject to biosecurity protocols.

Blueyy

Waterboy
Reaction score
Now that the NRL has stated Elliot has brought the game into disrepute and breached biosecurity protocols. Surely this + his previous offences is enough to sack him.