• Yes

Votes: 344 91.7%
  • No

Votes: 31 8.3%

• Total voters

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whether you agree or not doesn't really matter, what is true though is the players salary does come into consideration here. When the Board is weighing up the risk vs benefits of keeping him on, money is a factor. if you are paying someone 2 to 3 as much as someone else and carrying on like a 13 year old it is just another negative impact on the playing group. Say Jackson Topine is thinking wow Elliot is getting 3 times what I'm getting maybe i need to relax a little or feels if Elliot is getting paid more what is he doing for it, maybe I don;t need to work as hard as I'm doing.

When you are not playing as well as you have, someone mature needs to go ok well im letting the team down on the field I'll pick up the slack off field, that is what is expected of a senior player with a contract to match. From what I understand that is exactly what Topine did last year he wasn't able to be on field because of Covid so he spend his efforts elsewhere. I expect that of all senior players in the team at the moment because the team is going shit.

Elliot's behavior has been a constant momentum breaker for us off the field.. Beginning of the year we were getting some positive press about what we could expect for the upcoming season then Elliot decides lets have some fun with Lichaa's missus and we lose all momentum and I have no doubt it created some tension in the playing group, I said it at the start of the year. Now nearly at the end of the year once again he was thinking with his dick. I have no doubt that one of the biggest negative factors for the team in the Qld bubble is Elliot. I wonder how many players are keeping an eagle eye on him with everyone so close and with significant others staying with them too.

We were getting positive press with the signings and Phil Gould coming on board, and yeah someone had to go and do something stupid... Also i think the fact that the went to the toilets to hide what they were doing was even more impacting on the playing group... Lets say someone says 'Hey Wakes who was that disappearing with Herb into the mens toilet?'... Wakeham looks around missed it and thinks oh shit wears my missus...You can deny it all you want but Elliot has a reputation and this shit just makes it even more untenable to have him as part of the playing group.

We are building something special next year, lets not let some selfish prick ruin it.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yea they fkn do lol

They tolerate and hide everything under the rug right up until they decide they don’t want you or can’t hide anymore.

They even did it to Sticky when he killed the guy.
Yep, the Ricky Stuart traffic lights right outside the hospital there.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yo wtf I had to google that. There's actually fuck all about it on the internet other than a tiny paragraph from the Canberra Times.
I understand the local media & constabulary were very helpful to the Raiders including 2 Kangaroo captains who's careers would be destroyed early if they were playing today & a wiping of the internet does wonders too.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What’s happening here?? Ricky killed a person?
Yep, he hit someone with his car many years ago outside the Canberra Hospital when he was at his peak. That part is fact. The rumour was that he was drunk at the time. Who knows if that is true or not, but it did seem to be covered up & quickly. I don't recall any court cases either.

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
..laundy has only been here for a brief period of time. That doesn't mean he and his son don't have a strong business acumen and a lot of good things they can bring to the club.
I can’t see this being a long term partnership. Laundy is at an advanced age. Not sure if he has helped out the club before ( being a self confrssed Dogs fan) but if he hasn’t he’s waited an awfully long time .
One of his sons is a politician if I’m not wrong , and the other one is a roosters fan that went on the bachelor and hooked up with Sophie Monk.
Anyway, I hope I’m wrong but Im thinking once this sponsorship arrangement expires we will be looking for a new major sponsor.

Suave

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I think it's best for all parties if he leaves and tries to get a fresh start somewhere else. For all the good he does off the field, I generally wonder whether he understands the damage he's done through his boofhead antics.

Quick story - I work in media and in 2018 was at Kia's offices for meetings a day or two after his Mad Monday antics. I didn't think it was that big of a deal at the time like a lot of other fans. Talking to the Marketing Manager that day though and he was absolutely filthy with him and the club. Was telling me he was copping phone calls all day from his bosses and the head honchos in South Korea asking for a please explain. Was pretty confident after that Kia were at long odds to renew their sponsorship with us.

Now obviously think the press had a big part to play in how overblown that whole situation was so I'm not just pointing the finger at him. But the point being, all these small things add up and I think the club has shown more than enough patience with him up until this point for very little return (aside from a decent season last year before he got injured).

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I can’t see this being a long term partnership. Laundy is at an advanced age. Not sure if he has helped out the club before ( being a self confrssed Dogs fan) but if he hasn’t he’s waited an awfully long time .
One of his sons is a politician if I’m not wrong , and the other one is a roosters fan that went on the bachelor and hooked up with Sophie Monk.
Anyway, I hope I’m wrong but Im thinking once this sponsorship arrangement expires we will be looking for a new major sponsor.
A lot of people are living past the age of 100, Arthur could be involved for some time to come, but according to reports, Stu Laundy is the one who actually put the deal together. I think the Laundys plan to continue the association for a long time to come. Whether that is a good thing or not is a matter of personal opinion, I guess. Only time will tell.