• Yes

Votes: 344 91.7%
  • No

Votes: 31 8.3%

• Total voters

Isaac

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He will be Sacked in the coming days and i have been hearing that Corey Allan is headed to the Raiders as the bulldogs told him his not part of there plans and Nick Cotric is staying.
Lachlan lewis is a halfback option if Pearce is not signed

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
A very balanced reply by Gould and guess there is not much else he could say. It is not as if Elliot made a real nuisance of himself , nor fail to comply with the leave orders but in light of his past actions pretty dumb. If everyone was held up to as much scrutiny as these guys are then we would have articles like this every single day of the week, probably more than once a day.

If he is separated from his partner and that relationship has concluded, in reality he can kiss anyone he likes...

Will be interesting to see what the club can actually do legally and what sort of input the NRL will have into it.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
He will be Sacked in the coming days and i have been hearing that Corey Allan is headed to the Raiders as the bulldogs told him his not part of there plans and Nick Cotric is staying.
All due respect but have you ever been right?

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So the WAG's and some partners went out and Elliot Joined them is that what is being said? Knowing Elliot's history... well does it need to be even said?

Doggone1975

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If he went back to Millie's place/hotel to reminisce over old times, I don't think we would be talking about this.

Yes Elliott has an issue with grog, not in a violent sense like Curtis Scott or Jack Wighton , just being stupid. Yes he has two priors, but you can't include the first. ( a private indoor function with the team & officials all on the grog. The daily telegraph on cherry pickers looking in & completely ending Mad Monday Celebrations as they were known.) The second time was unforgivable. He has paid a heavy price, his family moved to NT. Imagine not being with your kids. The innocent party, If Elliott is sacked, is his family that still needs to be financially supported.

The other side is a separate issue. How has Elliott performed this year. How is the Cap managed with his current contract. In the future plans, what role is envisage for Elliott if any. If Elliott is moved on , I would prefer it is mainly a football decisions

He is most likely to be sacked for his decision clouded with grog. Kinda fell a little sorry for him
He was naked on a table with his pants off at the mad Monday celebrations wasn't he??
Unacceptable if that's the case and boundaries would have been crossed.. Particularly if female staff were in the premises. "On December 17, Elliott was handed a two year good behaviour bond with no conviction recorded at Sydney's Downing Centre Local Court for his role in the Mad Monday celebrations."
Also vomiting in the street... Thats pretty serious.

Rooting an ex team mates missus and cheating on his own missus.
He was kicked out of most recent venue with grog involved... He is GONE!!!

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a total dick on the grog but if he's not performing up to his pay packet its a technical breach of contract.
Could be money for Lewis.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the dogs have stood him down for 2 games much more then “a kiss” happened. The issue here is the club helped him with his alcohol issues. And this happens. They stood by him. Got him help. And this is how he repays them. Dragging negative headlines about the club into the media. He’s tarnishing the club.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Munster, like it or not is one of the best players in the comp so let's not compare Elliot to him. Sure Munster has done some dumb things on the field but he plays the game hard and backs it up with his talent, wins games, wins comps, represent Qld and Australia. He has won everything. Elliot on the other hand has proven nothing on the field, absolutely nothing!! Off the field, what has Munster done in comparison to Elliot's troubled past? Elliot walks around like he has a sense of entitlement. For someone that has done nothing in the game, it is laughable that he acts in this way. An embarrassment to the club and the game. That's why Melbourne don't sign such players.

Bellamy looks at the players character first before anything. As for Elliot's character test, yeh say no more.

I don't care where he goes so long as we get rid of him. He has had enough chances. He has also done us a favour when talking about our salary cap. We needed to clear a forward or two.
Thanks for the spiel, but I wasn't talking about on field performance. I was making a pretty simple comment about a supposed no dickheads policy.
Munster is the walking embodiment of a dickhead (at least on field, no idea what type of bloke he is off the field)..... I bet if he had come up through our systems in recent years, he wouldn't be half the player he is today, either. You can have all the natural talent in the world, you're still not going to realise your potential until you are in the right environment to bring it out.

Anyway, now that you have hijacked my very straight forward comment and taken it on a completely different tangent, allow me to respond to a few of your points.

What has Elliott said or done that suggests he has a sense of entitlement? You need to explain this baseless comment, because he has spoken with remorse, humility and has taken personal accountability after both of his previous indiscretions. He has said or done noithing to suggest he has a sense of entitlement. He clearly has a bit of a drinking problem.....something that is very common amongst young men.....particularly those surrounded by the booze culture of the nrl. Like many young men who develop drinking problems, he has a bit of a tendency to make bad decisions when he is on the sauce.

For all of his faults, he is also a Ken Stephen medal winner due to the work he does in the community. He is apparently well liked by his teammates. So far as we know, he has never set fire to another playere's arse, led police on a drunken car chase, assaulted a partner, invaded someone's home and terrorised them, committed disgusting acts with a stranger's dog after crashing a party, been accused (and found guilty) of rape or sexual assault, or committed any of the many more serious offences that have been committed by past or present players in our game.

He is obviously a flawed person with his fair share of problems to sort through, right now. But the character assasinations being carried out on here say more about the sanctimonious nature of some of our members than they do about who he is as a person. I know he is far from perfect - as both a person or player......but it is exactly this sort of judgmental and cruel natured nonsense that made me decide to champion him on this forum.

You want him gone from the club, fair enough. Looks like you're going to get your wish. So why not stop death riding the bloke and taking pleasure in his struggles. Why not wish him well and hope he finds the help he needs elsewhere? Because quite frankly, taking pleasure in the personal problems of others is a bit of a dick move.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Probably Josh has a high moral standard and it is about Elliot's betrayal of his partner previously compounded by the 'kissing incident'
If he has such a high moral standard, where are his call outs of the many other players who have done worse things in the past? More likely he is just another member of the boy's club who believes the only code that can't be violated is the "bro code". Assault a partner, or go on a rampage in a stranger's apartment and all will be forgiven, hook up with a mate's missus and you're persona non grata. That's NRL culture for ya.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If he has such a high moral standard, where are his call outs of the many other players who have done worse things in the past? More likely he is just another member of the boy's club who believes the only code that can't be violated is the "bro code". Assault a partner, or go on a rampage in a stranger's apartment and all will be forgiven, hook up with a mate's missus and you're persona non grata. That's NRL culture for ya.
Fair point and yes what you say makes sense.....no wonder we have issues in the game if it is a typical boy's club.....

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lewis better not be an option at all, heck rather give Wakeham a go. Enough is enough with Lewis. Been there, we know how this goes. Glad Allen is being punted bloke is a dud. Now if only they can punt Flanno and Hetherington!