• Yes

Votes: 344 91.7%
  • No

Votes: 31 8.3%

• Total voters

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It’s decent of you to say this but I think the club already tried to help him earlier this year. He has to want to help himself too. And I agree he needs a change of scenery for sure.
Adam stated he would seek professional help and the club would be supporting him.......Would have all been in regards to his drinking problem but that has not worked out well....

Bulldogs forward Adam Elliott will seek professional help for alcohol issues following an investigation into his tryst with a former teammate’s fiancée.

The NRL club has announced that Elliott has taken full responsibility for his role in a wild incident that left former Bulldog Michael Lichaa hospitalised and facing multiple police charges relating to domestic violence.

However it appears unlikely the the 26-year-oldbackrower will be suspended from playing in any NRL games, after the league found he had committed no formal breach.

It is unclear if he will miss upcoming trial games for the Bulldogs as he attempts to get his alcohol problems under control three weeks out from Round 1.

“Upon consultation with the NRL and the NRL Integrity Unit, the club can report that there will be no formal breach from the NRL,” the Bulldogs said in a statement.

“The Bulldogs would like to thank the NRL in regard to their co-operation and support regarding this matter.

“In response to what has taken place, the Bulldogs have conducted their own review and have decided that Adam will undertake professional help in regard to issues with alcohol, with the Bulldogs to provide full support including a strict monitoring process.

“The Club does not condone Adam’s actions
which have had a negative impact on the Club and its supporters, however, we acknowledge that Adam has taken full responsibility for his actions and we are supportive of assisting Adam in ensuring he receives the welfare support and help that he requires”.

Elliott accepted the steps imposed on him, while apologising to Bulldogs fans for his involvement in the incident.

“This is an extremely difficult time for my family and I,” Elliott said.

“They are my most important focus at the moment and I ask that people can respect mine and my family’s privacy at this time.

“In consultation with the Club, I will be undertaking the necessary help that I require with appropriate measures and checks.

“I would also like to take this opportunity to apologise to all Bulldogs members, fans and sponsors about recent events.

“I have brought unnecessary attention to the club at a time when we are preparing hard for the season”.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It's very hard to keep up with what is a breach and what isn't a breach these days..

I know if I got the sack for that, I'd seek legal advice..
They will have to tread warily and will be interested to see what the NRL feels about the situation.

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well the warrior players are staying at peppers surfers right in the heart of the glitter strip you do not hear boo about them playing up or getting into trouble.
The minute our mate walks into the glitter strip he gets in trouble, they should lock him up at the golf resort where the dogs are staying and not let him out.
It would be frightening to say the least if this bloke was staying in the heart of surfers( just like the warriors) and what damage he could further inflict to our brand.
I lived up there for 17 years, doesnt matter where you are on the goldy, wanabees, gold diggers are everywhere, plenty of single mums. Social media, they will track these guys down, look at api, whos gonna find out ?derr

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
They will have to tread warily and will be interested to see what the NRL feels about the situation.
Not sure who mentioned it but can imagine that we'll find a way for him to leave on 'compassionate' grounds. Turning over a new leaf and all of that.

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I won't post the full SMH article, because it is pretty long and most of it is just rehashed from all the other articles but this segment has some additional info

-----

The Bulldogs board could make a decision on Elliott’s future at the club as early as Tuesday. The incident emerged on the same day Canberra sacked Curtis Scott for an alleged nightclub fight and Cronulla centre Josh Dugan was charged by police for two breaches of COVID-19 orders.

Elliott told Bulldogs officials he was having his first drink in seven months on Sunday, starting with a barbecue with his Bulldogs teammates before moving on to the White Rhino, on the famous Cavill Avenue strip.

Sources with knowledge of what happened told the Herald the Bulldogs back-rower and Boyle were kissing, but were worried about being seen together by a few of the wives and partners of Canterbury players. Many of them remain friends with Elliott’s ex-partner, who has returned to the Top End.

Elliott and Boyle made their way to the mens’ bathroom for privacy when staff asked him to leave.
Elliott told the NRL Integrity unit he left the premises when asked, no drugs were involved and the incident did not involve the police.
The NRL Integrity Unit are sourcing CCTV footage to corroborate Elliott’s version of events.

NRL Should ban BBQS

iDoggiesFan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Not defending the bloke but if the story is true that there was a Broncos WNRL player involved, why aren’t we hearing about her wrong doing and seeing her face plastered in the media?

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Like who else?
From memory after the incident with Lichaa missus Brad Takarangi called him a dog c*** or something along those lines. I think it was also reported in the trial game several Sharks players where saying similar things. I mean what do you expect it’s pretty piss poor behaviour.