Social Media Adam Elliot

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Its disapointing that Elliot has finaly matured as a player and is showing his true worth, yet so many of you are refusing to believe its possible due to your frustration with his progression, or simply the fact you dislike him. Fact of the matter is that he has been very good this year, our best forward no doubt. Add to this that he has actually taken pay cuts in the past to stay, and surely he is worthy of a new contract worth a little more then his last??!!
I have said this before, if Elliot is let go, Tolman will be re-signed. I honestly think that if we let him leave the club will decide we need one of our old heads to remain. Which would you prefer?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
How much would you offer Elliot? He has been average for 80% of his first grade career.
400-500k. I haven't only rated Elliott this year (I made that known last year). He's improved a lot this year tho. After the premium locks (Radley, Trbojevic, Murray and Taumalolo - some of which who're out of form), he's right up there. I think he's a good value player (salary/output) to have. For me he's our best forward and miles ahead of anyone else in attack. It also isn't just about ability. Elliott bleeds blue and white and is all heart (for me it's like losing a Ennis, Reynolds or Graham).

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
350 max 400. He is good in our team comming last. Easier to stand out in a busted team. If true he’s signed elsewhere. By. No hard feelings. But we kept the wrong one from Bega area. Should kept Finucane now there is a gun. Another present from Des. Got rid Dale, Marty and Cook. Kept these forwards. With Sharon. And we let Klemmer go. We need Hughes back as GM of football

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Shits me how some players just re negotiate with their club dont whore themselves around,seems like clowns like elliott seem to hold the club to ransom ,even turbo bros repeatedly said no we are staying at manly fucking shits me

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Its disapointing that Elliot has finaly matured as a player and is showing his true worth, yet so many of you are refusing to believe its possible due to your frustration with his progression, or simply the fact you dislike him. Fact of the matter is that he has been very good this year, our best forward no doubt. Add to this that he has actually taken pay cuts in the past to stay, and surely he is worthy of a new contract worth a little more then his last??!!
I have said this before, if Elliot is let go, Tolman will be re-signed. I honestly think that if we let him leave the club will decide we need one of our old heads to remain. Which would you prefer?
You believe he took pay cuts?? He was lucky to be in first grade up until last year,he was constantly knocking on ,giving away dumb penalties etc,yes hes an ok player but no world beater,i agree with most sentiments here that hes worth around $400k anything more and bye bye butterfingers

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Shits me how some players just re negotiate with their club dont whore themselves around,seems like clowns like elliott seem to hold the club to ransom ,even turbo bros repeatedly said no we are staying at manly fucking shits me
You raise some good points. In my opinion Turbo Bro’s local juniors pride in jumper. Supported team growing up. Parents and freinds live in the area. Basically Tribalism. We haven’t done that with Juniors for years. We need to kids comming through. Training and being opposed session against 1st grade in say captain Run. Get 1st grade help coach 20s gets a relationship going. The next wave want play for the club. My opionion and quick fix for GM to look at those type things.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
You raise some good points. In my opinion Turbo Bro’s local juniors pride in jumper. Supported team growing up. Parents and freinds live in the area. Basically Tribalism. We haven’t done that with Juniors for years. We need to kids comming through. Training and being opposed session against 1st grade in say captain Run. Get 1st grade help coach 20s gets a relationship going. The next wave want play for the club. My opionion and quick fix for GM to look at those type things.
Yes but elliott claims to be like this echoes jamal idris famous words bleed for the club pfffft talk is cheap

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm hearing Elliott and Foran are gone at this stage! Personally I'd keep Elliott but i think its untenable at this point. Foran may buckle but it really depends on who wants to sign him in Sydney

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I'm hearing Elliott and Foran are gone at this stage! Personally I'd keep Elliott but i think its untenable at this point. Foran may buckle but it really depends on who wants to sign him in Sydney
They said on triple m this arvo that dogs are now back in the race. Kent said I think dogs have realised that if they let him go they will have to Pay the money he wants to get someone else in anyways as we are a basket case.
He also said Burton should come to us next season and Cleary should let him walk, because it's better he plays for us who arent a threat, whereas if he went to the Storm he could come back to bite them... so effectively said let him go to a basket case club.

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They said on triple m this arvo that dogs are now back in the race. Kent said I think dogs have realised that if they let him go they will have to Pay the money he wants to get someone else in anyways as we are a basket case.
He also said Burton should come to us next season and Cleary should let him walk, because it's better he plays for us who arent a threat, whereas if he went to the Storm he could come back to bite them... so effectively said let him go to a basket case club.
Problem is Kent talks out his ass!

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the thinking from Kent. Lets lull the Panthers into thinking we're a basket case so we can get Burton early. If we sign Burton in November, I'd say there is a 95% chance we get him for next year because there is no point in Penrith keeping him, and taking up a top 30 spot, when they have May as backup and probably another gun junior that can replace Burton.

We are a basket case this year but I'm expecting us to be top 8 next year on the back of Barrett, Burton and Smith. If we play well next year it'll make recruiting for 2022 so much easier and depending on who we get, we may even by a top 4 side in 2022.

dogzofwar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the thinking from Kent. Lets lull the Panthers into thinking we're a basket case so we can get Burton early. If we sign Burton in November, I'd say there is a 95% chance we get him for next year because there is no point in Penrith keeping him, and taking up a top 30 spot, when they have May as backup and probably another gun junior that can replace Burton.

We are a basket case this year but I'm expecting us to be top 8 next year on the back of Barrett, Burton and Smith. If we play well next year it'll make recruiting for 2022 so much easier and depending on who we get, we may even by a top 4 side in 2022.
Top 8 is abit optimistic

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Top 8 is abit optimistic
Of course it is. For the last 3 years I have been optimistic and have aimed for 12th instead of 15th. Next year I'm going for 7th place. Is that optimistic? Fuck yes, but then again I'm a dreamer.:laughing:

Taking yesterdays shit performance out of the equation, we have been OK in terms of attitude and defense this year. If we fix up our attack, worst case scenario we're on the fringe of the 8 - again, that's assuming we get Burton and Smith (or a good 9) and Baz completely restructures our attack (meaning we stop playing Desball and we play like the Rorters or Panthers)

dogzofwar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Of course it is. For the last 3 years I have been optimistic and have aimed for 12th instead of 15th. Next year I'm going for 7th place. Is that optimistic? Fuck yes, but then again I'm a dreamer.:laughing:

Taking yesterdays shit performance out of the equation, we have been OK in terms of attitude and defense this year. If we fix up our attack, worst case scenario we're on the fringe of the 8 - again, that's assuming we get Burton and Smith (or a good 9) and Baz completely restructures our attack (meaning we stop playing Desball and we play like the Rorters or Panthers)
Wishful thinking brother lol I’m not so confident but good to hear some positive things on this forum for once

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That would be good.