Social Media Adam Elliot

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind keeping Elliott for the right price but does anyone actually think he's worth 500-600k?

Jackson, Napa and Thompson combine for nearly $2 million next season.. We desperately need spine players and can't afford to overpay for Elliott when he could be easily replaced by giving someone like Topine a chance or signing Jackson Ford for half the price.

Last edited:

surfdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I doubt there is a club out there that will pay him more than 500k

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind keeping Elliott for the right price but does anyone actually think he's worth 500-600k?

Jackson, Napa and Thompson combine for nearly $2 million next season.. We desperately need spine players and can't afford to overpay for Elliott when he could be easily replaced by giving someone like Topine a chance or signing Jackson Ford for half the price.
In the end any player is worth what the highest bidder is prepared to pay. I agree on re-signing him at the right price. It's a matter of conjecture what that price is though.

There's precious little we can do as fans aside from ad nauseum discussion. He'll sign here or elsewhere regardless of whether we think it was the best decision for the club.

What I do know is that if he signs elsewhere and continues playing with recent form, many of the same people who criticise him now will blast the club for letting him go. If he re-signs with us people will adopt the stance that we're paying too much regardless of not actually knowing what we're paying him.

There's no middle ground for many people.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I totally agree. He is finally beginning to show the potential he always had, and he the only ball layer in our pack.
I said long ago that Adam would be a very valuable player in the middle if the interchange is reduced again. ATM I wouldn't lose much sleep over him leaving, however if at seasons he leaves and the NRL reduce it to 6 I would be quite upset.

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The players around him have been average at best.
He hasn't gone anywhere by the way...just wait a little bit and we will see
You clearly allow your cognitive biases to cloud your judgment. He was one of our best two players this year prior to his injury and has shown plenty of potential in a struggling side prior to this year, though granted he was inconsistent at times.

He will only continue to get better and will develop into a very good player. Short sighted by the club.... and all the fans who are pleased he is moving on, or are ok with the club's decision to undercut him.

Donkey Slayer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What an absolute load of shit.
Get over all the 2016 duds seriously

We have 5 6 young skilled forwards that are better stop living scared like the rest i rather have money for them

Dean pay fault we are so behind he didnt breed any but bought $$ shit players .. put the goggles on and pack elliot's bags

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
A broken clock is right twice a day. For every one of these good things he does, he'll do 10 shit things.
He's not worth the money he wants, particularly with us being at a rebuilding stage.
First of all, I highly doubt you know how much he wants, and he has without doubt been one of our best this year. If you think otherwise then you obviously have some misguided prejudice.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Get over all the 2016 duds seriously

We have 5 6 young skilled forwards that are better stop living scared like the rest i rather have money for them

Dean pay fault we are so behind he didnt breed any but bought $$ shit players .. put the goggles on and pack elliot's bags
Haha you have no idea.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
First of all, I highly doubt you know how much he wants, and he has without doubt been one of our best this year. If you think otherwise then you obviously have some misguided prejudice.
I have no idea what he wants, but he obviously wants more money then what the club is willing to offer otherwise he'd be signed by now.
I've no prejudice against him, it's just my opinion that he's not good enough as a ball playing 13 and that Jackson should move to lock, making Elliott a versatile bench forward, which he'd likely be at most clubs.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Canberra were after him, but ended up settling for a much lesser player because they could get him this year. people who say Elliott ixsn't good don't understand footy.
Not true the raiders only dropped out of the race a few days ago because of elliotts ridiculous asking $$

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I have no idea what he wants, but he obviously wants more money then what the club is willing to offer otherwise he'd be signed by now.
I've no prejudice against him, it's just my opinion that he's not good enough as a ball playing 13 and that Jackson should move to lock, making Elliott a versatile bench forward, which he'd likely be at most clubs.
Jackson can't ball any for shit, and imo Elliot has played way better then Jackson this year! Jackson has been largely disaointing.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Jackson can't ball any for shit, and imo Elliot has played way better then Jackson this year! Jackson has been largely disaointing.
You're probably right, but we've got Jackson signed up on good money for a couple more years yet and we don't really need the both of them.
Call it being Elliott being the victim of the rebuild if you want, we need to spend the money available in the salary cap in other positions as a priority.
He has an offer, we shouldn't budge on it. If he goes so be it, I wouldn't begrudge the bloke for looking after his family and taking the extra cash on offer elsewhere.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Buttering up the boys already
Screenshot_20200730-013100.png

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
On Big Sports Breakfast apparently St Merge have not made Adam a offer. Only Warriors have. If true maybe the club are being smart with budget. Offering a fair price or move to Warriors for larger coin. From what has been mentioned here the offer is in line with his value compared to other back rowers. Happy for him to stay or look after his family and go to NZ. But don’t want over pay

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
Elliot is probably the only real ball player in our pack. How many of our forwards have the vision to grubber from 25m out for a try??? None.
Come on now man that was once hahaha

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Come on now man that was once hahaha
He has had at least two try assists this year, and has shown way more attacking flair then anyone else in our pack by a long shot. Im not saying that he is a superstar, but i do think that he is on the verge of good things. He is a loyal bulldogs player and fan, and he has apparently already sacrificed 30k a year to remain with the dogs. So do I think he should get the chance to recoup some of that money? Yes. If his form warrants it, which I think it does. Do I think he is worthy of the 450-500k pay packet? Yeah i do. Because he is getting close to his peak years and he will only improve from here. He has become one of the senior players at our club, and we will need these older statesman around when we bring in a bunch of recruits.

Lastly, there is no doubt in my miminthat if we let him go the club will re-sign Tolman. Its one or the other, which would you prefer??? Because ill put money on one of them to be re-signed.