Social Media Adam Elliot

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
really tough decision. this has finucane written all over it again. Not many rated him in 2014 due to dropped balls and penalties but now he has matured and im sure everyone would kill to have him back. i think elliot is on a similar path. I agree with not getting in a bidding war but i would hate to see us sign a player of the same talent for the same price or higher to fill his hole when we couldve kept him in the first place
It's literally Finucane 2.0. I can't believe it. What he's asking for isn't even anything crazy.

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Doorey is a similar player to Elliot so he could be a capable replacement in a couple of years. $600K could get us Fisher Harris.
i thought the same about doorey - very much in the jackson, finucane, elliot mould

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who?

Go Dogs
Who specifically I don't know. Was just making small talk based on what his manager is demanding. That would be a price for a proven rep backrower.
Bateman 650k and CHN here at 450k and guessing he took close to the former players dollars in joining Canberra.
Frizell is reputed to be earning 700k at the knights next year.
Elliot at 600k is overpriced.
You're right in previous post here we can only afford to pay big money on one star backrower not 2 if we need to balance our squad with cap and top 30.

Last edited:

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I think Doorey is a similar player to Elliot so he could be a capable replacement in a couple of years. $600K could get us Fisher Harris.
Fisher Harris is signed to the Panthers until the end of 2022, how much his current contract is is an unknown but they did let CHN go to pay for his contract upgrade, which is his 3rd since he joined Penrith 7 years ago.
My assessment (no big deal) is that Doorey is at least 3 years away from regular week to week NRL level.

Go Dogs

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know about you guys but I have absolutely no idea what Elliot is asking for, maybe it's not unrealistic for a regular (in the 17) NRL player. He has played 82 NRL games in 3 1/2 seasons and was selected for NSW Country and the Indigenous All Stars, not a big deal but better than many others. Right now I think he's the fittest player in our squad (injury notwithstanding) with Thompson not far behind and closing. My guess, and it's only a guess, is that he is better than the average 30 squad player, that's $9.6m / 30 = $330k, so maybe somewhere between $400k and $500k.

Go Dogs
Good rationale and would agree with it up to $400k MAX.
Anything higher, then I wish him well.

Last edited:

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Pay cuts in the past wtf hes been lucky to be in first grade and he finally has an ok year and thats not being a game breaker and he thinks hes worth massive coin let him go to the dragons and sign mckinnus
Tell me about it bro, good luck to him getting extras at the dragons lmao

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Dragons like to pay overs for average players. He can go with my blessing and he can take sweet caroline with him. We have a new Coach and some new players. Looking forward to see what Baz will bring .

Suave

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He’s been bog average prior to this season. But credit to him, he was playing the best football of his career prior to being injured.

It’s always questionable when players bring that form out in a contract year but I’m willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. As long as the offer is reasonable I’m holding out hope we can retain him. He’s obviously popular with the playing group and there’s a part of me that wants to see him rewarded for being the only player firing up and ripping in when we were at our lowest earlier in the season.

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wouldn’t mind seeing him stay, but not for overs.

Good luck to him. He has a family to look after, and if another club is offering $200k+ more, I would understand why he’d leave.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol Finucane 2.0. Not even close. He’s an average player at best. Looks good cos he’s in a rubbish team. He’ll never ever play origin. If he wants to go. Bye bye. Dickhead caused enough dramas after that Mad Monday.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I’ll send him a limousine to take him to kogarah right now if he agrees to leave immediately

pay cuts my arse
He’s been thieving off the club ever since he graced first grade
He should repay back half the money for all his inept games yet the club paid him without fail