Social Media Adam Elliot

wigum

Immortal
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Well....not that's really true either. Napa, Jackson, DWZ are 3 players on massive overs. Hopefully it means from now on the club wont be "handing out overpriced contracts to anybody who wants them"
You forgot Foran. I'm obviously talking about now and moving forward...

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
with RFM in good from and being re-signed, does Elliot even make the staring 13 with Luke Thompson locking down the 13 ?
We obviously cant drop our captain
My view is that Thompson will be our big minutes starting prop next year, after a full pre season to get more into "NRL prop" shape. With Napa, To'o and Ogden in the rotation (Tolman is the question mark). We need a strike/gun 2nd rower, hence the chase for Bateman, and then Elliott, RFM and Jackson fit nicely into that rotation. Personally I don't expect Jackson to be playing 80 minutes every game next year. I don't think we can afford 2 x strike/gun back rowers and of course a quality hooker (they cost $big). So there has to be some balance in how much Cap space we allocate to the forwards.

Go Dogs

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's not like he has ever been lazy. His effort has been a constant. If anything, his inconsistency has been due to him trying to do too much to motivate a struggling team. He seemed to have found the right balance this year prior to his injury. I have no doubt he will only get better in a team that is on the rise....it's a shame it seems that club will be the dragons and not us.
Completely agree with you about some of his errors being due to trying too hard to get us out of trouble. I think that he's just hitting the point where his decision making on field has gotten better, hence his good season. I think he's just hitting that period of a forwards career where they play their best football. If the dragons aren't offering massive overs I hope we can keep him here.

Doesn't provide enough impact for the $ he's after so i don't care about losing him.

Can't understand why the Channel nein and Fox commentary teams always jack him off tho? They make him out to be this amazing player that scores a 10/10 every game.

Guys lucky we had cap issues and had to promote otherwise I doubt he would have made it in the first place.

I wish him well in the future tho, just not against us.
Commentators rate him at times because he's among the few players that haven't gone into their shell when things aren't going our way. I don't pay attention to the reports of what players are chasing. He's worth whatever the club most desperate for him is willing to pay. Looking at the lack of seasoned second rowers on the market, he may get a bigger pay packet than he's worth. It'll be a pity ifhemoves on and plays his most consistent footy elsewhere when we've put so much time into getting him to this point.

Jai81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We can't continue to invest big money in average players... finally the club is making the right decision... he has defensive issues and his attacking input is far too inconsistent to be earning the money hes commanding..
%100 agree, paying big money for average players is what put us in this massive hole to begin with!

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Okay bye and fuck off already, disgruntled at what ey

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You forgot Foran. I'm obviously talking about now and moving forward...
LOL, what the hell is wrong with me...I forgot the biggest one of all. Where's the uppercut emoji?

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
He looks like a good clubman and a solid but inconsistent first grader, happy to let him go.
Jackson should move to lock next year anyway.

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Exactly! What would an immortal and a bunch of ex-internationals and premiership winning coaches know?
Well they're the same commentators that rate Lachlan Lewis so that should tell you all you need to know...

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
You can't replace what Elliott brings, ability and everything else, for what we can re-sign Elliott for, even if it's 500k - he's our BEST forward. This is a big wtf? moment for me. It's up there with losing Ennis, Reynolds and Graham for me. Elliott was on inside the NRL the other day and it didn't sound good. I think he's gone. RIP. If people honestly think you could sign JFH for 500k you're dreaming. Also different players, but it'd be a sideways swap anyways (on ability only). I think it's a massive mistake from the club, but also Elliott (besides the extra money). I think we'll be better off than the Dragons next year on wards.

Last edited:

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
%100 agree, paying big money for average players is what put us in this massive hole to begin with!
50% disagree, the really big issue was puting multiple players on heavily backended contracts with many maturing at the same time. Their "average" contract was probably not too far off the mark, but their back ended years were ridiculously high. For example a player on $150k (Year 1), $350k (Year 2) and $550k (Year 3) is possibly worth the $350k (average) but the final year $550k kills the Cap when you have multiple players on the same backended escalation.

Go Dogs

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Tbh i would have rather keep him than JJ, but since they have already signed him up long term I guess its bye bye to Elliot.

If we can keep him for cheep then that would be ok, otherwise off to the dragons he goes with another shit roster and terrible coach.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
50% disagree, the really big issue was puting multiple players on heavily backended contracts with many maturing at the same time. Their "average" contract was probably not too far off the mark, but their back ended years were ridiculously high. For example a player on $150k (Year 1), $350k (Year 2) and $550k (Year 3) is possibly worth the $350k (average) but the final year $550k kills the Cap when you have multiple players on the same backended escalation.

Go Dogs
It was only an issue because the salary cap didn't increase to what the board thought it would and they were premature in signing players/creating a roster to the new salary cap to get an advantage (premiership window you heard about). Looking back on it the roster probably wasn't good enough anyways, even if we didn't have to move on players and the coach.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Let him go and chase Jordon McClean and John Asiata in a package deal from Cowboys and on thier way down they can pick up Bird on a 1 plus 1 with the Broncos paying him all but $200k of 2021 money and 2022 depends on KPI's met in 21. On thier way to Belmore in the Uber they can swing by and pick up Scott Sorenson from the Sharks.

Last edited:

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
There is a God after all. My prayers have finally been answered. Already been giving shot to my Saints mates, but the idiots think he is a good buy... made for a very good laugh

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
really tough decision. this has finucane written all over it again. Not many rated him in 2014 due to dropped balls and penalties but now he has matured and im sure everyone would kill to have him back. i think elliot is on a similar path. I agree with not getting in a bidding war but i would hate to see us sign a player of the same talent for the same price or higher to fill his hole when we couldve kept him in the first place