The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
“ Star forward “ lol

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Doesn't provide enough impact for the $ he's after so i don't care about losing him.

Can't understand why the Channel nein and Fox commentary teams always jack him off tho? They make him out to be this amazing player that scores a 10/10 every game.

Guys lucky we had cap issues and had to promote otherwise I doubt he would have made it in the first place.

I wish him well in the future tho, just not against us.
Cynical thought but do player managers get into the ear of commentators n boost certain players - Elliot is average at best.

jake6

Kennel Established
Reaction score
with RFM in good from and being re-signed, does Elliot even make the staring 13 with Luke Thompson locking down the 13 ?
We obviously cant drop our captain

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
DRAGONS CLOSE IN ON DISGRUNTLED DOG

Canterbury forward Adam Elliott has been loyal to the Bulldogs in the past, but now seems destined to leave Belmore after a contract stalemate.

Elliott has been one of the club’s best performers in what has been an ordinary couple of seasons for the blue and white.

The versatile forward is off contract and hasn’t committed to the Dogs yet, and now the Dragons look set to pounce.

Wide World Of Sports reports St George Illawarra is in the box seat to snap up Elliott, as the Raiders prepare to withdraw from the race to his signature.

The Red V are losing Tyson Frizell to Newcastle next year, while Jack de Belin’s future remains uncertain.

Foxsports.com.au has previously reported Elliott has in the past taken $30,000 pay cuts in order to help the Bulldogs’ salary cap issues, but it seems his patience with the club has worn thin.
pay cuts? he is on massive money due to back ended deals, parra went hard for him and the dogs paid overs. They arent going to do it again it seems. If he gets a competitive offer he should show some loyalty as there will be some good times ahead for the dogs.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Players are worth whatever a club is willing to pay them. And in my opinion Elliott has always been a pretty handy player. By no means is he in the elite group of second rowers with exceptional skillsets, but he plays hard and constantly tries when other players might just accept that a game is lost. In short it's players with this kind of capacity for effort and will to win that can make the difference in tough situations. I hope he stays with us.

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dragons will be offering overs to get him.
Thats not really a hard position to fill, elliot out asiata in

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Can we just remember who this is about? Adam Bloody Elliot! He finally strings a few first grade stabdard games and everyone loses their shit over him.

Im happy for him to go.
It's not uncommon for forwards to approach their best at his age. Would be a pity if we invested years into his growth towards being a quality product and lose him when he gets there.

I honestly wouldn't blame him if he goes. He's been a whipping horse for a lot of fans for numerous years despite being someone that constantly puts in loads of effort. He's not perfect, has an occasional error and gives away occasional penalties. But no more than some other highly rated players.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Well....not that's really true either. Napa, Jackson, DWZ are 3 players on massive overs. Hopefully it means from now on the club wont be "handing out overpriced contracts to anybody who wants them"
I’d like to think a fair portion of Jackson’s salary comes under the loyalty discount for long service. So he’s probably not on as massive overs. We were a lot more desperate when we signed Napa and DWZ so I think we are starting put ourselves in the position were we don’t need to keep paying overs for average players. My 2 cents.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Offer him 3 year deal at 400k/season. If he takes it then great, if not, then good riddance.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Can we merge this with the other thread?

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't know about you guys but I have absolutely no idea what Elliot is asking for, maybe it's not unrealistic for a regular (in the 17) NRL player. He has played 82 NRL games in 3 1/2 seasons and was selected for NSW Country and the Indigenous All Stars, not a big deal but better than many others. Right now I think he's the fittest player in our squad (injury notwithstanding) with Thompson not far behind and closing. My guess, and it's only a guess, is that he is better than the average 30 squad player, that's $9.6m / 30 = $330k, so maybe somewhere between $400k and $500k.

Go Dogs

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
his manager has been asking $600k x 3 year deal.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Can't understand why the Channel nein and Fox commentary teams always jack him off tho?
Exactly! What would an immortal and a bunch of ex-internationals and premiership winning coaches know?

red-dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Where did this media jerk off of Adam Elliott come from all of the sudden? When did he become our 'best player? Over the years he's probably been one of the players who's made me scream at the TV the most. His form this year has been better than in the past but not good enough to warrant the praise he's gotten. I feel like its the media hyping him up more than anything whilst most Dogs fans aern't too bothered if he goes.