1. Be cool and Register to set your username and display picture get the full features of the site. Talk Bulldogs NRL News, match reviews, live score, ladder, injuries, player signings and team performance.

Opinion Adam Elliot

Discussion in 'Bulldogs Discussion' started by flamebouyant, Feb 8, 2018.

?

How do you rate Adam Elliot??

1. Terrible player. Too many mistakes. Wont feature heavily in fg this year.

2 vote(s)
    2.6%
  2. Ok player, but too many mistakes. bench player at best.

17 vote(s)
    22.4%
  3. Gun junior who suffered under desball. Should improve this year, but im not convinced he is a star.

25 vote(s)
    32.9%
  4. Gun junior who suffered under desball. Yet to reach his potential. Will be a gun this year.

32 vote(s)
    42.1%
  1. Dogna88

Dogna88 Kennel Addict

Again.... the experts want every player to be a jackson or similar.

He has played ONE full year. FFS. He is a young forward. Not everyone can debut and be an absolute superstar...

• Like Like x 4
  2. willow dogs

willow dogs Participant

He has to improve a whole lot before I think he a first grader

• Like Like x 2
  3. albatross

albatross Forum Regular

Potentially better (big call I know!). Has more speed and mobility so depends on him developing his defence and improving his handling.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
  4. SweetFA

SweetFA Forum Regular

RFM st this stage needs to improve on his workrate, poor decision making & his defensive reads last season were very lazy- but he can be our x-factor under Pay
    Big call on Rhys Martin, yet to debut at NRL level let alone week in/week out-big step up in speed/intensity from ISP.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  5. Gabs

Gabs Dumbfounded

I agree with the Rhys Martin comment from Moey. If given the opportunity, he will show he's a first grade quality back rower and easily the best goal kicker in the club.

• Like Like x 2
  6. SecretLifeOfPetsTheMovie

SecretLifeOfPetsTheMovie Kennel Addict

He works hard and has a crack. He can become an awesome player, just like Jackson—who does not really have great physical attributes, but his game is built on hard work.

• Like Like x 1
  7. GrogDog

GrogDog bad attitude

Basically every player has a clean slate with me for 2018 due to Desball. Let's see what they can do this year and then pass judgement.

• Like Like x 5
  8. Brizdog

Brizdog Kennel Enthusiast Gilded

I would have him in my 17 at this stage. This year will be his break out year now that Des has gone.

• Like Like x 1
  9. flamebouyant

flamebouyant Kennel Enthusiast

Totally agree.

10. flamebouyant

I agree. Both are at a similar point in their careers though. Im expecting both of them to excel this year.

11. flamebouyant

Really? Even though he played in our starting side all of last year? Ok.

12. Moey

Moey Kennel Enthusiast

You might be right but goes to show you what i think of Elliott and how shit he is.

Martin has shown a lot more promise in Nsw Cup and in world cup and can kick goals.

RFM needs consistent game time not like the 5mins he was given under Hasler or not used at all once or twice. He can break tackles offload create something out of nothing and defence wont run over him like they do Elliott.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Dogna88

Dogna88 Kennel Addict

Maybe RFM can. But remember. If rumours are true, he will be starting and playing 60mins....

He wont be coming om with 15mins to go against tired forwards.

Easy to break tackle and defend against a tired middle third when your fresh...

• Like Like x 2
  14. Oatley Dog

Oatley Dog Kennel Addict Gilded

If Elliott gets the 13 jumper and RFM/JJ are on the flanks then one could expect Elliott to be running off some short balls from Klemm/Woodsy/Lich. I can only see good things there in attack and his defence is as good as any second rower getting around. given he is younger than everyone else in the pack RFM (who is 18mths older) included he will be even better this season. He looked bigger in the shoulders when I spoke with him before Xmas so he is obviously working on his size to break more tackles and hit harder in defence.

• Like Like x 3
  15. flamebouyant

Exactly. People forget that elliot was pften expected to punch out 80 mins, which is really tough in your first full season in the top grade. Its only natural that mistakes will come.
    Im not bagging RFM as i also think he has a bright future, but im sure he would have made just as many mistakes as elliot if he played 80 mins on a regular basis, if not more.

• Like Like x 1
  16. flamebouyant

I really cant wait to see how we line up in rd 1!!! Even more so how we play.
    The reality is that there is likely going to be a few surprises, and im backing Elliot to be one of those.
    Bring it on melbourne!!!

• Like Like x 1
  17. flamebouyant

Haha. Here here mate. People are entitled to their opinions, but i find it rediculous when people say that a certain player is fucking useless, or should never play fg again etc etc. Its just bullshit. We all know how many great juniors never even make it to fg, so to even make it to fg is a pretty massive achievement.
    Then we have a player like Elliot who has shown plenty of potential and even managed to nail down a starting spot in his first full season of fg, yet people who obviously consider themselves smarter then a fg coach who say he is fucking useless. Its simply not true.
    But I digress. You cant often change peoples opinions.

• Like Like x 2
  18. finchie

finchie Immortal

Ok he’s average at best
    It wasn’t his first full year
    He trained full time with the side in 2016 too
    He has feet for hands
    I’m no hater mate
    I want what’s best for the bulldogs team
    And imo what’s best for the side is for him to be somewhere in reserve grade where he can learn the basic skill of holding the fudging ball.
    Remember in under 6s the coach said “the ball is gold” hang onto the khunt

• Like Like x 1
  19. finchie

finchie Immortal

Short balls
    Will he catch them
    He drops them with no pressure what so ever
    Imagine a short ball

• Like Like x 1
  20. flamebouyant

He played only a few games in 2016 so i wouldnt call 2017 his second full year mate.
    But if you look at the points i raised, its fair enough that he made mistakes. I wonder how many times he caught the ball as apposed to dropped it?
    With a more expansive game plan that hopefully has our forwards standing deeper im sure his error rate will drop.
    So like i said, give him 2 months and see where he is at then.

• Like Like x 1