1. Be cool and Register to set your username and display picture get the full features of the site. Talk Bulldogs NRL News, match reviews, live score, ladder, injuries, player signings and team performance.

Opinion Adam Elliot

Discussion in 'Bulldogs Discussion' started by flamebouyant, Feb 8, 2018.

?

How do you rate Adam Elliot??

1. Terrible player. Too many mistakes. Wont feature heavily in fg this year.

2 vote(s)
    2.6%
  2. Ok player, but too many mistakes. bench player at best.

17 vote(s)
    22.4%
  3. Gun junior who suffered under desball. Should improve this year, but im not convinced he is a star.

25 vote(s)
    32.9%
  4. Gun junior who suffered under desball. Yet to reach his potential. Will be a gun this year.

32 vote(s)
    42.1%
  1. flamebouyant

flamebouyant Kennel Enthusiast

Could be quite similar i think. Perhaps a little bigger, but he has a good motor and the errors will decrease with experience.

• Like Like x 1
  2. flamebouyant

Yeah i agree. If he is no better at the end of the year then he will deserve the chop. But i doubt this will be the case.

3. flamebouyant

You are entitled to your opinion mate, but you are probably his biggest hater on here, and i think it is a little unwaranted. Bar that clumsy fall of course. Give it to him for that. Lol
    Im not blaming hasler for his errors, im simply suggesting that the style of play that he insisted on made it very difficult for our forwards. It revolved around players like graham and kas passing close to the line, and with very little room for error.
    Imagine its your first full year in the top grade and every time you run the ball up you are smashed by the defense because they already knew the play, and you were instructed to play very flat with no run up. Of course you start to take that second look at the defense and then you are more likely to drop the ball.
    Sure enough it was Elliot who dropped the ball, but give him 2 months of football under Deano and then make your assessment. Dont just write him off and call him out as being shit.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Dogna88

Dogna88 Kennel Addict

Smart kid with a great work ethic. Young and determined. He will grow into a good player

• Like Like x 3
  5. Fear.The.Roo

Fear.The.Roo <<<<<NOT ALL>>>>> Gilded

You are right
    It's the same niff nuffs who put shit on dale finucane

I think Elliot is much the same
    I think he will be a rep player

Fuck the haters who don't know what the fuck they are talking about

• Best Post Best Post x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. mickm123

mickm123 Participant

Firstly big fan of elliot as he comes from down near my home town. which is actually the same area Dale finucane comes from. i won't lie i was and am a big fan of finucane and saw more potential in him than elliot but hopefully elliot can work hard and be another gun from down south coast cheese town. Im nearly 100% sure jackson has no ties with the far south coast BUT he is a country boy and will lead this great club to some success.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Headmix

Headmix Participant

Still cant see the hype in this guy... Clumsy looking player without much up top... I named him Adam Idiot... HopeHpay can turn him round and prove me wrong.. Cmon dogs!

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Spoonman84

Spoonman84 Kennel Addict

He's got potential but has a really nasty habit of making crucial game changing errors.

9. flamebouyant

Your right mate, he was born in gulong and played for the gulgong bull terriers and mudgee dragons. Its strange, i always thought he was from down south like finucane.
    Anyway,Elliot has massive potential and im really excited to see how he improves this year.

10. flamebouyant

Coincidence? Errors are made when they are made. Perhaps its just the fact that we were shit last year and this meant that any mistake was game changing???.....

11. flamebouyant

The hype came from his junior days. It may well turn out that it was just hype, but the dogs have a very proud and long hystory of turning out good forwards. Im sure he will come good.

12. Trafford10

Trafford10 Kennel Enthusiast Gilded

In the great tradition of Mitch Newton another Canterbury forward with hands like plates of butter.
    But if he has heart like Mitch he will go ok.

• Like Like x 1
  13. speedy2460

speedy2460 Kennel Enthusiast

When he started in FG, I started to believe he may be the next David Gillespie.
    Sadly, he has not made the transition to being a very good player. But he is honest, works hard, and is totally reliable.
    Now he is being coached by a gun forward, I expect him to make the next step. I think he will be competing against Tualau and Tolman for the lock position.
    The ball is now in his court.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Nabsolutely Fabulous

Nabsolutely Fabulous Immortal Gilded

His composure is shit and that leads to sloppy errors. I remember that time he was running and tripped over nothing and dropped the ball lol. He needs to get that sorted otherwise he will just remain an average player with decent skillset he can never take full advantage of.

15. no1bulldog

no1bulldog Kennel Addict Gilded

His brother Billy had better foot work

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  16. Dogs_92

Dogs_92 Forum Regular

He goes ok, had some great moments last year. I do think he goes as hard as he can every game but just cause he tried his hardest doesn't mean we should keep him. He is the Josh Reynolds of our forward pack.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Moey

Moey Kennel Enthusiast

You either have it or u dont. This guy definately doesn't have it. Most players dont get as many chances in FG as this guy has had, Desball or not. Can't tackle, can't do shit, and i have watched him in lower levels too. Nothing special at all, if it wasnt for Desball then he would never have had a chance in FG.
    RFM shits all over him in every facet of the game, so i dont see how he deserves a.spot over him or even Rhys martin for that matter.
    Doesnt even deserve a bench spot over fualalo or tualau etc etc

• Interesting Interesting x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Moey

Moey Kennel Enthusiast

Lol at Gillespie comparison. If Gillespie was the cement truck, Elliot is the Ice cream truck cause of his soft serve defence...

• Like Like x 3
  19. JayBee

JayBee Immortal

Absolute meat head.

Will do much better when he has a coaches confidence in his ability.

I still think he is teetering between gun player, and solid contributor.

20. SweetFA

SweetFA Forum Regular

Adam Elliot is from the far south coast. He was captain of our NSW Cup side a few seasons back. Very high workrate particularly defensively. Has difficulty with ball security. Under Pay however with his mobility he can become a gun lock.
    Showed he’s not out of place at rep level during the City/Country game

• Like Like x 2