Adam Elliot post game interview

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it’s just as simple as he’s 27 next year, prime of his career, he’ll never get another chance in his lifetime to earn as much as he will in his next contract so he’s gonna try and maximise that opportunity. Can’t argue with him, you and I would do the same thing in his position.

Paying top dollar for him just doesn’t make sense for us with the current composition of our roster.

He wouldn’t have been disillusioned by the club showing CHN and Okumbor the gate. Right call. Those 2 dunderheads put their cocks ahead of the team at the worst possible time.
didn’t realise he was going to be 27 , that would be another reason for him looking for dollars
The 2 Dundee heads I agree they should have been sacked but we don’t know how playing group feel , so that’s why threw that as another possible reason

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
didn’t realise he was going to be 27 , that would be another reason for him looking for dollars
The 2 Dundee heads I agree they should have been sacked but we don’t know how playing group feel , so that’s why threw that as another possible reason
I’m certain they would’ve felt just as let down as management were. Particularly a seasoned Pro such as Elliot who ensures every box is ticked in terms of preparation.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Elliott's been one of our best every week. Some of the silly stuff came back against the Sharks, but he's improved a lot. I still wouldn't be rushing to sign him on big dollars. Let's see how he goes for the next six weeks and assess how much we need him after that. Hopefully there's a smidge of truth in all the rumours about high profile quality coaches being chased, even if it's just about being out there looking hard. It's only a gut feel but I reckon a board member or two is getting sick of losing and wants a coach who can attract top players, and have a view on Elliott and a few others we've got now.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I’m certain they would’ve felt just as let down as management were. Particularly a seasoned Pro such as Elliot who ensures every box is ticked in terms of preparation.
What an absolute load of nonsense.

Is this the same elliot who flopped out his cock, danced on a table naked to sweet Caroline?

This same elliot who would have been upset by chn and okunbor?

Mr Shhh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
is there anyone in this team who you’d hate to see leave? Hoppa, maybe Jackson and a couple of the young guys.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
is there anyone in this team who you’d hate to see leave? Hoppa, maybe Jackson and a couple of the young guys.
100%
Averillo - contracted
Hopoate - contracted
DWZ - contracted
Wakeham
Jackson - contracted
Elliott
To'omaga - contracted

50/50
Reimis - contracted
Foran

7-9/17 players.

I think JMK and Chris Smith can be valuable off the bench. RFM possibly. We're stuck with Napa tho.

I don't know enough about our other reserve grade players that haven't been given an opportunity (from what I've seen not much there) and what we have coming through in the lower grades.

Last edited:

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score

Is this the same elliot who flopped out his cock, danced on a table naked to sweet Caroline?

Extraordinarily dopey comparison.

Give broader consideration to the facts, circumstances and timing around the 2 incidents and it’ll be clearer to you as to why CHN/Okunbor were sacked and Elliott wasn’t.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score

MAre you seriously trying to make a comparison between two idiots bringing school girls back to a hotel and a player getting drunk and stripping off in front of teammates at a private function? Your irrational hate for Elliott is clouding your judgment.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
MAre you seriously trying to make a comparison between two idiots bringing school girls back to a hotel and a player getting drunk and stripping off in front of teammates at a private function? Your irrational hate for Elliott is clouding your judgment.
Elliott's not the only player to do that at a Mad Monday, just the only one recently to be caught. I'm sure other clubs (and even us) have done much worse things at Mad Monday. This would of been avoided if the players were actually at a private function (even tho journalists put cameras on poles). I honestly gave little to no shit with what Elliott did tbh. I also don't know why it's still brought up (it's barely mentioned in the media anymore).

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Elliott's not the only player to do that at a Mad Monday, just the only one recently to be caught. I'm sure other clubs (and even us) have done much worse things at Mad Monday. This would of been avoided if the players were actually at a private function (even tho journalists put cameras on poles). I honestly gave little to no shit with what Elliott did tbh. I also don't know why it's still brought up (it's barely mentioned in the media anymore).
It’s just an excuse for those who don’t like him to have a sook, mate. Just like it was originally an excuse for the spying media to have a sook.

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
100%
Averillo - contracted
Hopoate - contracted
DWZ - contracted
Wakeham
Jackson - contracted
Elliott
To'omaga - contracted

50/50
Reimis - contracted
Foran

7-9/17 players.

I think JMK and Chris Smith can be valuable off the bench. RFM possibly. We're stuck with Napa tho.

I don't know enough about our other reserve grade players that haven't been given an opportunity (from what I've seen not much there) and what we have coming through in the lower grades.
Napa came to us as one of those blokes you’d give the ball to running off the back fence. Not sure what his stats are but he’s definitely not the guy taking it off the back fence anymore.DWZ runs the ball back harder these days!

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Tricky one this.

He’s playing superb footy but from all reports he’s chasing in the area of 600k/season.

I think we need to prioritise our spending towards securing key spine position players, which I’d say would mean we can’t go paying Elliott the top dollar he’s after.

I’d rather we invest the cash in the spine. Averillo also off contract at the end of 2021, we should get on the front foot in topping up his deal with an early extension.

With Thompson joining the ranks I’m happy with our pack. Tolman looks like he’s got another good year in him, extend him a year on a cheap deal with either he or Thommo at lock. Some good young forwards coming through the ranks who’ll be cherry ripe for first grade by 2022.
If Elliot is worth 600k than taumolo Jake turbo Victor radley and Murray are worth 1.8m

can’t have Jackson on 700 and Elliot on 600

Where were they when dwz was taking 2 hit ups a set coming off the back fence

at the end of the day I would’ve kept Elliot over Jackson but now that Jackson is tied up there’s not much wiggle area for elliot

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Sorry but we carried this idiot far longer than we should have. Then he finds form that makes him almost NRL standard and he thinks he's king shit!?

I don't know what it is with our system, but the players coming through seem to have big unwarranted wraps on themselves.

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
With a better coach he could be a representative player, like a lot of players he is not happy with coaching staff and setup so will move on if Pay stays.Can’t say I blame him as he did take a wage cut to stay and has been loyal to the club.Also got thrown under the bus over Mad Monday.Future leader if progressed properly.
Agree on the coaching needs a ground up rebuild. As for his contract, he’s been well looked after by the club. He’s in the final year of his backended deal $450k. Thanks Des!

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Elliott is the most consistent forward in the pack this season (thus far)

But like most have said no room for him at that asking price and I can see the Warriors tabling him a better offer

Big M

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
Agree on the coaching needs a ground up rebuild. As for his contract, he’s been well looked after by the club. He’s in the final year of his backended deal $450k. Thanks Des!
450k as a final year backend you say,,,,makes the previous years under paid wouldn’t it.Hardly well looked after especially when he was fined for the mad Monday episode at a private club function by the club itself..There were also senior staffers at that function who escaped scot free.