News Adam Elliot on Inside The NRL

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Yep and then another young gun fast fullback like staines, and then lookout !
I like it
Stains 250 fullback please tell the club this and make this happen. Whatever it takes.staines is the man to wear the one. Better fullback than papenhuzen
Jesse 800 or warmsley
Haas 800
Hooker ? Maybe b smith to keep the grunt flowing 600
Burton 500

Release or trade players to make this happen for a start. A few shifts at laundys hotels at 500 bucks an hour should top them up, hey uncle nick.
Staines better than pap I don't know but did you see Meaney on the weekend.. his safe and fast. He will develop and with barret he will improve his ball skills. We have our fullback we need to get our rockstar hooker and prop. Smith n Bromwich for 2 years would do me. Both will improve the club and set a new culture for professionalism.

Last edited:

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Im happy the club isn’t paying overs for this flop he will disappear after the dragons a bit like idris did when he chased the $$ elliott is just average

Donkey Slayer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep and then another young gun fast fullback like staines, and then lookout !
I like it
Stains 250 fullback please tell the club this and make this happen. Whatever it takes.staines is the man to wear the one. Better fullback than papenhuzen
Jesse 800 or warmsley
Haas 800
Hooker ? Maybe b smith to keep the grunt flowing 600
Burton 500

Release or trade players to make this happen for a start. A few shifts at laundys hotels at 500 bucks an hour should top them up, hey uncle nick.
Is hass going to magically come out of someone's ass?

khan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Put your house on it..he isn't going anywhere...luvs the place & they luv him
If this is the case, then watch our confused fans change their tune when he's rippin it up on the field for canterbury and completely hiding their incompetence as a rugby league fan. Haha.

khan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We’ve already lost CHN who would’ve been on more money plus we also free up more money once a number of others are moved on by years end. Elliott said he’s followed the dogs since he was 4 and loves the club but needs to do what’s right for his family now that he recently became a dad. He took a pay cut to help the club out so the least the club can do is up their offer for him to stay now we’re in a far better financial situation than the last few years. He puts in every week and would be better behind a stronger pack than Tolman and Napa. They’re the two that should be moved on.
Now heres a bloke that has some man about him, well put brother. As i said in an earlier post.. theres 2 sides to every story.

Reactions: DT

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They won't have any more issues with private functions being filmed by a'hole reporters with the new sponsorship.
NOBODY will know where the function is now and reporters certainly won't get any pics guaranteed
As for the Mad Monday celebrations NO it wasn’t a good look but they paid heavily for that. I put more blame on club officials NOT keeping them in check and the fact that Buzz Rothfield had hired a cameraman to take photos of what was a Private Function.

Yes they shouldn’t of done what they did but I’ve seen and heard a lot worse than that from players from other clubs over the years. He learnt his lesson from that and has moved on as his game has certainly improved since then.

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hear ya....look Adam Elliot may not be everyone's cup of tea but fans need to understand only the Roosters can have a star studded team in the NRL all other teams need to have some hard workers amongst stars and we don't have many stars at all right now.
Yes i have seen Elliot drop balls and miss tackles just like every other player does, he doesn't sell himself as a superstar nor does he consider himself one, he is a down to earth decent player who has improved immensely in a club that has been a basket case for 5 years now so many 'experts' are now saying he is a good footy player and worth a look. His issues have been equally due to the players around him who have been average as well.
Yes i personally respect him as a person off the field but believe we will see him improve on the field more and he may just be a player that ever club needs, honest hard working with ability but not sucking up the cap.
Not every player can be an origin player, only at the Roosters
If this is the case, then watch our confused fans change their tune when he's rippin it up on the field for canterbury and completely hiding their incompetence as a rugby league fan. Haha.

khan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hear ya....look Adam Elliot may not be everyone's cup of tea but fans need to understand only the Roosters can have a star studded team in the NRL all other teams need to have some hard workers amongst stars and we don't have many stars at all right now.
Yes i have seen Elliot drop balls and miss tackles just like every other player does, he doesn't sell himself as a superstar nor does he consider himself one, he is a down to earth decent player who has improved immensely in a club that has been a basket case for 5 years now so many 'experts' are now saying he is a good footy player and worth a look. His issues have been equally due to the players around him who have been average as well.
Yes i personally respect him as a person off the field but believe we will see him improve on the field more and he may just be a player that ever club needs, honest hard working with ability but not sucking up the cap.
Couldnt have said it any better.

Its not only talent that makes a good team, its the type characters that make a successful footy side.

He's stuffed up off the field a couple of times but he's young and entitled to have fun, he didnt exactly break the law, he certainly didnt hurt anyone.

The name calling and bagging towards him by his own fans is abit dissapointing considering how much loves the club.

Reactions: DT

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Im happy the club isn’t paying overs for this flop he will disappear after the dragons a bit like idris did when he chased the $$ elliott is just average
I agree 100%. His comment. He took understand as loved the club! So when he was charged and carrying on sill damaging the clubs brand but more importantly his brand and the club spoke highly of him and rebuilt his reputation via hospital visits, graduation etc. yet he in his opinion is showing us loyalty. The club did that when his form was let’s be fair was average at best. If that’s his show of loyalty. Good for him. Thanks for wearing the jersey. But be careful when leaving the door don’t hit you in the ass

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
H

Its not only talent that makes a good team, its the type characters that make a successful footy side.

He's stuffed up off the field a couple of times but he's young and entitled to have fun, he didnt exactly break the law, he certainly didnt hurt anyone.

The name calling and bagging towards him by his own fans is abit dissapointing considering how much loves the club.
only piece I disagree with. He was charged so was against the law in court. Apart from that agree. We support them for wearing our jerseys, however loyalty goes both ways. And marketing equals dollars and branding is marketing gold. His marketing was not so good

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No big loss if he goes.

We are winning without him now.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
c*** greedy. I don’t blame him. But don’t say you’d jump in front of a train for the club. Then turn around and say you need to support your family. I understand that. But if you can’t support your family off 300K you have issues.
You’re only one injury away from retirement though. He loves the club but if anyone unskilled that says they’d knock back an extra 200-300k a year when they have a young family for loyalty to a business is kidding themselves

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
He needs to look after his family and if someone is going to pay him more than he is worth than we can’t stand in his way. He’s had a good season before injury but is not critical to our success. Can only wish him well at the dragons.

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's not that $300k is not a lot of money - it's more that he can earn big dollars for the next 4-6 years and then he will be just an another average Joe.
He’s on a heavily backended deal at least $450k this season. He’s doing a Health Science Degree....with the assistance of the Club.

Last edited:

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Media bashes the dogs for paying overs for everyone and getting into a cap hole and then bash us for not paying overs for a solid first grader, if we were Melbourne they’d be praising us for smart cap management. everyone can push this narrative all they want at the end of the day all it is is a bloke looking after his family for more cash and the tram not willing to pay him that much. Good on him for getting paid and the dogs can invest elsewhere

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score

Agree 100% mate. Adam has done more than most people here put together off the field let alone on the field. The name calling is just pathetic and disrespectful