News Adam Elliot on Inside The NRL

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Elliot interview starts at 17:15 mark. Talks about Indigenous round, his future and Barrett

Reactions: DT

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He is leaving (that’s what I took from it anyway )

Baz wants him to stay but it sounds like the other offers are a fair bit higher

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

I don't blame any player for leaving for significantly more money when they're off contract. And if the vocal opinions of his haters has any sway on his decision it's more likely that he'll go. But all I took from that was that he's seriously going to have to consider his decision. He seems genuinely unhappy with the prospect of having to leave though.

He obviously has a big emotional attachment for the club. And he seems genuinely happy with our choice of coach for the next few years. So if we're able to come close to matching the dollars I think he'll stay. It all comes down to whether the contract offers available elsewhere are realistic. Might not be a good time to be renewing his contract given the lack of proven second rowers on the market.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
***** greedy. I don’t blame him. But don’t say you’d jump in front of a train for the club. Then turn around and say you need to support your family. I understand that. But if you can’t support your family off 300K you have issues.

Dog Goneit

Immortal
Reaction score
dy. I don’t blame him. But don’t say you’d jump in front of a train for the club. Then turn around and say you need to support your family. I understand that. But if you can’t support yo
300K for a few years isn't going to let you lead a comfortable life - better learn a trade whilst you are playing otherwise you'd be on the street once your playing days are over.

MichaelM

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
c*** greedy. I don’t blame him. But don’t say you’d jump in front of a train for the club. Then turn around and say you need to support your family. I understand that. But if you can’t support your family off 300K you have issues.
It's not that $300k is not a lot of money - it's more that he can earn big dollars for the next 4-6 years and then he will be just an another average Joe.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If he’s getting more go. We can’t go down the same path we just got out of. We have some great juniors coming through for the back row.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
c*** greedy. I don’t blame him. But don’t say you’d jump in front of a train for the club. Then turn around and say you need to support your family. I understand that. But if you can’t support your family off 300K you have issues.
Low balled.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Smart signing for the Dragons tbh as their forward pack is kinda shit when you think about it. A lot of real older forwards and ones that need to be moved on in the Sims boys 'hopefully not to us' either lol.

The ReignMan

Previously Clint
Reaction score
300K for a few years isn't going to let you lead a comfortable life - better learn a trade whilst you are playing otherwise you'd be on the street once your playing days are over.
Wouldn’t buy you a bedroom in Sydney

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He’s going it seems. Good luck to him.. better luck to us.!!

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The sooner butter finger and the rest of the dead weight leaves the sooner the Dogs will be able to get quality halves, hooker and fullback

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Put your Green slip on it he's already agreed to terms elsewhere (based upon that interview)...traitor!

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vaughan
Sims x2
Frizelle
Kerr
Mc inness
Ford
Host
Hunt
And dragons think Elliott will make a difference to that pack, its just more of the same.
Good luck to him, id be happy if we got an john asiata or brad takarangi different body shapes as a replacement . Our pack only needs a good hooker and another prop, we need the bench to be really good again.
14. Asaiata
15. Takarangi
16. Renouf
17. Hethrington

BDPScarface

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yep, he's leaving. I'd do it too... he's just had a kid, he's at that age that he has to take "grown up" actions... he'll justify it as getting the most for his family. No ill will from me. Just the circumstances of the thing.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I don't blame any player for leaving for significantly more money when they're off contract. And if the vocal opinions of his haters has any sway on his decision it's more likely that he'll go. But all I took from that was that he's seriously going to have to consider his decision. He seems genuinely unhappy with the prospect of having to leave though.

He obviously has a big emotional attachment for the club. And he seems genuinely happy with our choice of coach for the next few years. So if we're able to come close to matching the dollars I think he'll stay. It all comes down to whether the contract offers available elsewhere are realistic. Might not be a good time to be renewing his contract given the lack of proven second rowers on the market.

I like Adam but we ain't the Roosters. They are the club that players will accept a few 100k less to stay, if you are to believe what you read.......

MoNkEy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are getting to a position now where we can start to get picky about our recruiting/retainment.

If he's not interested in staying and giving 100% to this great club and being part of the rebuild, he can go and join Mary and his rabble.

Zero fucks given.

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know he isn't overly popular on this site but he will be in blue & white again next year...i'll bet my left one on it

That all aside, he is a good fella as well but trys too hard on the field sometimes...his next 3 years will be very good imo

CeeEss

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Happy for him to re-sign but not at the price he wants, he's never performed at a high level consistently. He has a young family and wants to make some decent coin for them, I understand that. Good on him but there's more than life than money. I know he's always been a Bulldogs supporter, I reckon I'd cop a pay cut for the opportunity to play for my favourite team. Hope he doesn't have regrets in the years to come, he will be playing under Paul McGregor so there's a chance he will.

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Put your house on it..he isn't going anywhere...luvs the place & they luv him