Adam Elliot Injury - Out for the season

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I reckon $350k-$400k tops. He's not worth much more than that. He is an average forward looking good in a very bad side.
parra offered him over $500k a season before he signed his last deal, hence why we back ended his current contract.

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He will take a bit less than other sides offers to stay here but it’s still gotta be a fairly competitive offer I reckon 400-450 would lock him up, could easily be argued that money is better spent elsewhere though

surfdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cheers mate, i dont mind him at that sort of money.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He will take a bit less than other sides offers to stay here but it’s still gotta be a fairly competitive offer I reckon 400-450 would lock him up, could easily be argued that money is better spent elsewhere though
Do you think Elliot is worth keeping around tbh.. his had moments but in all honesty with the kids coming through Im happy for him to give his spot up.

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you think Elliot is worth keeping around tbh.. his had moments but in all honesty with the kids coming through Im happy for him to give his spot up.
I could go either way mate, looking at it one way I want to keep him but i wouldn’t lose sleep over it if he goes just depends on how they rate the blokes coming through. I don’t think it’s a good idea to disrespect a bloke who actually wants to be at the club and a lot of the young blokes look up to him though

Dog Goneit

Immortal
Reaction score
Elliot has the potential to be a Finucane 2.0 - not saying he will get there but I see a lot of similarity at the same age in their careers. If the potential is there, and the contract is a reasonable price, should definitely lock him up for a few more seasons... we need to build from a base

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I could go either way mate, looking at it one way I want to keep him but i wouldn’t lose sleep over it if he goes just depends on how they rate the blokes coming through. I don’t think it’s a good idea to disrespect a bloke who actually wants to be at the club and a lot of the young blokes look up to him though
I feel like losing Elliot over 50-100k is horrible. So much heart for the club and hes coming good. Will only get better once he doesnt feel like he needs to shoulder so much of the responsibility TRYING to carry the team. Note i said trying, cos hes not actually carrying the team :tearsofjoy:

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I dont care if we keep him or not. He plays well sometimes but nothing special imo.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
You think the club is trying to push him out mate? That’s the way I read it if he has been low balled? Mustn’t see him as a big part of the clubs future.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Club brought him through and took care of him and now his the one thinking about money... No disrespect but the guy was the one who spoke up about being low balled instead of being discrete about negotiations.

The kids coming through have the goods just like Elliot, I'd say Doorey is a carbon copy whilst topine and pitavao are natural leaders with level heads.. I would be filthy if we lose them tbh.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Club brought him through and took care of him and now his the one thinking about money... No disrespect but the guy was the one who spoke up about being low balled instead of being discrete about negotiations.

The kids coming through have the goods just like Elliot, I'd say Doorey is a carbon copy whilst topine and pitavao are natural leaders with level heads.. I would be filthy if we lose them tbh.
I hope Topine gets a run off the bench before the seasons end. He looks like he has good footwork and could cause some damage in the faster game.

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I read that Barrett and Liam Martin are cousins ... I say out with Elliott and in with Martin a younger and more talented version of Elliott

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I read that Barrett and Liam Martin are cousins ... I say out with Elliott and in with Martin a younger and more talented version of Elliott
Besides Taumalolo, Trbojevic, Radley and Murray not much, if anything, between Elliott and the other locks in the NRL. There are a lot of good locks in the NRL and Elliott is one of them. Elliott is a very good value player (output vs salary) to have in the team. What sells Elliott even more is his heart for the club and his teammates. Losing Elliott is like losing Ennis, Reynolds and Graham for me. This whole situation is also very similar to Finucane (if we were to lose him, imo).

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Besides Taumalolo, Trbojevic, Radley and Murray not much, if anything, between Elliott and the other locks in the NRL. There are a lot of good locks in the NRL and Elliott is one of them. Elliott is a very good value player (output vs salary) to have in the team. What sells Elliott even more is his heart for the club and his teammates. Losing Elliott is like losing Ennis, Reynolds and Graham for me. This whole situation is also very similar to Finucane (if we were to lose him, imo).
we cant afford to pay him overs like we did on his last contract where he was hugely backended. If he wants to stay it needs to be what the dogs think he is worth. Hopefully he can see the improvements in the team for next year.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
we cant afford to pay him overs like we did on his last contract where he was hugely backended. If he wants to stay it needs to be what the dogs think he is worth. Hopefully he can see the improvements in the team for next year.
I'm fine with that if we offer him what he's worth. That's subjective tho. We're not going to be able to replace him for what he wants imo.