Opinion Action needs to be taken against Penrith immediately

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep the good ol butcher your roster to keep one player trick. It sure worked well for us didn't it?? Oh well if that's the case, I can see one big legal battle happening.
The kids a gun a great half and good centre penrith are definitely spewing they even let him go to market
But usually where there is smoke there’s a fire
Hope we can nail down some decent signings so at least it can restore confidence the positions we need are obvious

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
There's going to be more of this for Penrith, as their rising talent find themselves in the bottleneck for first grade, while the stars hog all the positions.
They knew Burton was good, but not as good as their two halves, so were prepared to let him go "so he could develop". They didn't realise how versatile he is, and that he can play anywhere in the backs, or at lock. Now they have regrets.

There will be other youngsters in their ranks like Burton, and they will want to have a crack at the top. Penrith's problem will be the contracts for their stars coming up for negotiation. They will have to pay overs, meaning they will be forced to let good players go, or breach the cap.

Could create bad blood for them in the future when their fans watch their future stars go to other clubs.
How much did they over pay Crichton?
Some said $650?
I know who I'd rather have....Burton every day.
Penrith sour now that they didn't value Burton highly enough...but that's their decision...and they are happy to keep him this year knowing he would lose (at least $200k) this year and probably stay in reserve grade.

I hope Matt factors that into any thoughts he has about the situation and Penrith.

youoboys

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bulldogs fan here: it’s setting a precedent there. Bulldogs should look into legal action on the panthers. NRL also need to order a please explain for this arrogant behaviour . Greg Alexander is a crumpet. Hate hearing him talk. Mark Geyer is ssssssss stupid! The CEO fletcher who is this feminine biatch !

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The kids a gun a great half and good centre penrith are definitely spewing they even let him go to market
But usually where there is smoke there’s a fire
Hope we can nail down some decent signings so at least it can restore confidence the positions we need are obvious
I know but this whole thing has just planted the seeds of implosion into Penrith. We aren't at the best of terms right now but we have a brighter future within the next few years.

dogluvver

Kennel Established
Reaction score
No we weren't. We were trying to negotiate a release. They said no. End of story.
I think the point he was trying to make is how much we want Burton here.
We are not going to let him renege on his contract.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Only consideration we need to be concerned about is keeping an open conversation with Burton, and his manager, and I'm sure Baz will be doing that.

Penrith let several other players go earlier this year. All we did was try and do the same as the situation as Mansour etc

All this is - is a goose in Fletcher telling the league world that Penrith didn't value Burton enough by re-signing him and bringing him along adequately enough in the last year of his contract to enable them to see just how good he was going to be.

This outcome is all on them and their tardy retention.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Surely there will be a spat of signings now to convince Burton to not even consider it.. Fcuk even throw an extra 50k at him as extra assurance.

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Surely there will be a spat of signings now to convince Burton to not even consider it.. Fcuk even throw an extra 50k at him as extra assurance.
We dont need to. Burton can not reneg on the contract unless Dogs allow him

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We dont need to. Burton can not reneg on the contract unless Dogs allow him

We dont and probably wont but its a move and gesture that would keep the panthers opinions at bay.

I will be praying Cleary hits on Luai's mrs and destabalises the whole club.

HD and Ink

Kennel Established
Reaction score
NO. Take responsibility like the rest of the bloody world. You signed, that's you word pal and that's it off to the Dogs you go.

I'm sick of RL contracts being worth nothing. As for Panfers, massive fine to them to send a message. Bloody sickens me that and it needs to to stop.

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We dont and probably wont but its a move and gesture that would keep the panthers opinions at bay.

I will be praying Cleary hits on Luai's mrs and destabalises the whole club.
Why are we worried about Panthers opinions?

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Our board are going to be in all sorts of trouble next election if they release burton back to Penrith, after they refused to release him to us. He's too critical to our plans, I dont see us releasing him. There's no reason we would.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Only consideration we need to be concerned about is keeping an open conversation with Burton, and his manager, and I'm sure Baz will be doing that.

Penrith let several other players go earlier this year. All we did was try and do the same as the situation as Mansour etc

All this is - is a goose in Fletcher telling the league world that Penrith didn't value Burton enough by re-signing him and bringing him along adequately enough in the last year of his contract to enable them to see just how good he was going to be.

This outcome is all on them and their tardy retention.
The big that they don’t get is that he won’t be a spine player at Penrith. He has played well in the centres but he is hardly an elite centre. And even if he becomes one he can’t earn anywhere near the money an elite half can earn.

Hopefully our club releases a statement soon

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The big that they don’t get is that he won’t be a spine player at Penrith. He has played well in the centres but he is hardly an elite centre. And even if he becomes one he can’t earn anywhere near the money an elite half can earn.

I'm not even sure it deserves a statement to be fair all they would say is what we already know.

If Burton came out with comments saying he wanted out I'd be worried but seeing as it's just talk from their loud mouth chairman I wouldn't even dignify it with a response.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

Our club prob doesn't need to at this stage.

If the manager starts saying other than what he has previously, then we will have to call Penrith's bluff and put pressure on them to uphold NRL contract conditions and on Vlad to denounce Penrith for lowering the validity of officially sanctioned contracts that the NRL have in place.

Publicly trying to get a kid to renege on a legally binding contract is way different than trying to negotiate an early release, as we did, in keeping with already accepted practice as the Penrrith club had done with several players this pre-season.

Actually Fletcher should have had a call from Vlad already.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Penrith said weeks ago they were sick of it being brought up and talking about in the media Now that everything has settled they stiring it up again lol

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
We should be on to our lawyers and have then issue Fletcher with a cease and desist, what he is doing is actually illegal it's called "inducing a breach of contract". Doesn't need the NRL, which I wouldn't expect to do anything anyway. This is quite different from our situation where we were asking Penrith for an early release, we offered trades, cash, Penrith haven't asked us or offered anything. They are just offering "inducements" to Burton to break the contract.

Plus it also shows that we are deadly serious about enforcing the contract.

Go Dogs