Opinion Absolute madness

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
- No significant player improvements in 3 years
- No Structure, no game plan
- 3 years in a row starting the season in a shambolic way
- shit fitness
- average recruits ( Meaney, cogger etc.)
- no hooker
- Tolman on the 4th
- shocking interchange rotations
- terrible player selections, players playing out of position (favouritism)
- non existent support play
- Dead last
- halves who can’t pass a ball
- holland
- 76 points in 7 games this year
- shit defensive structures
- recognised hooker not even playing
- players regressing
- non existent attacking skills
- can’t execute a simple game plan
- uninspiring press conferences (Clueless)
- Piss poor attack for years
- No sponsor
- club not attractive to potential recruits
- basic football skills non existent
- No direction
- No leaders

mate that is 100 percent spot on!

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The whole recruitment team needs to go, Pay out as well.

Easy way to tell how out of depth they are. The fact they signed DWZ to play FB.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Not sure why people are giving the guy stick? He’s spot on.

Brady your kidding yourself. Pay is out if his depth. You might say Elliott has improved. He couldn’t of got much worse last year.

What about Smith? Lewis? Jmk? List goes on. They have regressed.

Blokes like Napa and Jackson are even below what they have shown most their career.

The bench rotations, selections, recruitment have been piss poor. You can blame the cap, sure convenient. Waiting for someone to call us is likely why we have no sponsor.

It’s not all Pay though he sure is an issue that needs to be removed. Along with many others both in the head office and the squad.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
- shit fitness
- no hooker
- Tolman on the 4th
- Dead last
- holland
- players regressing
- No sponsor
- No direction
- No leaders
But but there is a light at the end of the tunnel...He said !
Little that he knows...It's a RUNAWAY TRAIN coming at us :grimacing::fearscream:

repolski

Kennel Established
Reaction score
- shit fitness
- no hooker
- Tolman on the 4th
- Dead last
- holland
- players regressing
- No sponsor
- No direction
- No leaders
That’s the best summation of the current situation ever!

repolski

Kennel Established
Reaction score
You and 90% of our fan base wanted Elliott out last season (wasn't warrented). Now he's the best player in our team. No significant improvement tho.

There is structure and a game plan. The players are just not good enough to execute it.

We're not expected to do well because of our past board F'ing up our salary cap, we don't have a competitive roster. Until we make significant recruitment we're waiting for a miracle. We actually lost players going into to the season (again) and other teams strengthened.

Slow players doesn't mean "shit" fitness. If you have 40% of the ball you're going to be gassed.

Average recruits are because we have had little to no salary cap to spend. That changes for next year.

No hooker because the board/recruitment team were holding out on paying overs. That changes for next year.

Tolman on the fourth will look a lot better with Thompson on the fourth. Every team every now and then gives it to a forward on the fourth as it's an easy option, our forwards just aren't damaging in the final third.

Interchange
26 -Tolman +Britt
28 -Napa +Sue

50 -Sue +Tolman
50 -Britt +To'omaga

56 -Averillo (HIA) +Napa

3 interchanges remaining.

Elliott is playing 80 minutes at lock. The interchange isn't going to be "normal". Our "utility" also had to come on a few minutes in due to Hopoate's injury.

We fielded our strongest line-up on paper this week with players in their correct positions (unless you don't want Averillo to be selected).

Before a ball was kicked we were expected to finish second last. That's even with our end of season form last year which almost confirms that we overachieved last year. We weren't favourities in any game we've played but we beat the Dragons. Let's see where we finish at the end of the season.

Last night we barely had any ball, especially in the attacking third. Not many oppourtunities for our halves to pass. There is also a thing called scoreboard pressure.

Go through the tries last night and tell me where and how there were "shit" defensive structures leading to tries.

Katoa was fourth string at Panthers and was given the flick, he's not going to make a difference. He does deserve a chance or at least some gametime.

That's enough for now.
We have structure and a game plan...yeh tolman on the fourth. Are you pulling my leg?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
We have structure and a game plan...yeh tolman on the fourth. Are you pulling my leg?
Go find me one team that doesn't pass to their prop on the fourth, our prop's just aren't dangerous. This was a problem before Pay, was it not?

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought this up many years ago when we actually made the finals.
I anticipated this in my initial the post. I still believe we had a bottom 8 team on paper with Des but think he actually over achieved. There’s no way our roster was ever like a Roosters, Easts, Souths etc
When was the last time we had an actual elite spine player?
When was the last time a CBFC player was a walk in to the Australian team??

gazza

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Only the really old fellas who lived through the 60s have seen it so bad. Such a long time ago but here we are
I agree. I can still recall going to Belmore with my Dad before it was made rectangular. The early 60s was a awful in terms of wins. Along the way though there were highlights such as Les Johns. And then came Kevin’s Ryan and the revolution began. As George Bernard Shaw once said “no progress is possible without change”. Unless they change the coach groundhog season will most likely continue.

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
- shit fitness
- no hooker
- Tolman on the 4th
- Dead last
- holland
- players regressing
- No sponsor
- No direction
- No leaders
Well Dean pay did say “it’s time for the madness”

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
- shit fitness
- no hooker
- Tolman on the 4th
- Dead last
- holland
- players regressing
- No sponsor
- No direction
- No leaders
Tolman on the 4th was des ball and just become the norm. Can't score points started with des as well with a much better roster. Pay just continued the shit structures and lack of everything else. The clean out started with pay and must end with pay and the rest.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Very true. I was thinking about that this the other night. What was the clubs situation before bullfrog came in. How did he get involved in the club and how did he change the club? What ever the catalyst for the change, it needs to happen again.
I agree. I can still recall going to Belmore with my Dad before it was made rectangular. The early 60s was a awful in terms of wins. Along the way though there were highlights such as Les Johns. And then came Kevin’s Ryan and the revolution began. As George Bernard Shaw once said “no progress is possible without change”. Unless they change the coach groundhog season will most likely continue.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Dean Pay is shit but a lot of the things outlined in this thread are the fault of Des and the old board. They took a massive gamble in back ending heaps of contracts and paying overs for other people to win a premiership after we got so close in 2012.

2012 was our year, 2014 was a pipe dream. The cracks were already showing before the finals in 2014, and after that failure it all just fell to pieces and we were stuck with an overpaid team that would take years to sort out.

Next year is basically when we can start fresh. 2015 to 2020 was always going to be a write off, it just took us until 2017 to really realise it.

All we need to do is get a good coach who can attract players (this needs to happen asap) and allow that coach to build a new team with all the money we have. If we get stuck with Dean Pay for another year, we won't attract the right players and we will end up throwing some stupid amount of money at someone in desperation and we won't be a force. So this is our new boards first do or die test, I really hope they pull it off.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Fine..train wreck, keeps circling the same old track. Over and over again..!!!

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Dean Pay is shit but a lot of the things outlined in this thread are the fault of Des and the old board. They took a massive gamble in back ending heaps of contracts and paying overs for other people to win a premiership after we got so close in 2012.

2012 was our year, 2014 was a pipe dream. The cracks were already showing before the finals in 2014, and after that failure it all just fell to pieces and we were stuck with an overpaid team that would take years to sort out.

Next year is basically when we can start fresh. 2015 to 2020 was always going to be a write off, it just took us until 2017 to really realise it.

All we need to do is get a good coach who can attract players (this needs to happen asap) and allow that coach to build a new team with all the money we have. If we get stuck with Dean Pay for another year, we won't attract the right players and we will end up throwing some stupid amount of money at someone in desperation and we won't be a force. So this is our new boards first do or die test, I really hope they pull it off.
My question is why are they still waiting, it only gets worse if they keep stalling

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Go find me one team that doesn't pass to their prop on the fourth, our prop's just aren't dangerous. This was a problem before Pay, was it not?
So funny how everyone just ignores this guy and that bonehead nasheed. More entertaining than our club lol.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
So funny how everyone just ignores this guy and that bonehead nasheed. More entertaining than our club lol.
He ignored me because he couldn't answer the question in a way that supports his agenda. He also replied to my post. That's not how you ignore someone.