ABC displays bias, again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just heard the ABC news gleefully announce that the Storm gave us a "football lesson" tonight. There is a sports commentator on the ABC who absolutely loves to talk about our defeats, yet refuses to report the scores whenever we win.

I don't recall this clown describing Saints giving the Storm a "football lesson" only two weeks ago. Seems that time he was prepared to concede that the Storm didn't field a full strength team.

Pity that he hasn't the intelligence to tell the story as it really is. Still, we should be used to the media sticking in the boot when we're down.

Well done ABC !

Spudvk

Waterboy
Reaction score
lol dw mate, i felt the same when i heard those idiots on 2gb, theyre the same.

whippet_hound

HOT DOG
Reaction score
Just heard the ABC news gleefully announce that the Storm gave us a "football lesson" tonight. There is a sports commentator on the ABC who absolutely loves to talk about our defeats, yet refuses to report the scores whenever we win.

I don't recall this clown describing Saints giving the Storm a "football lesson" only two weeks ago. Seems that time he was prepared to concede that the Storm didn't field a full strength team.

Pity that he hasn't the intelligence to tell the story as it really is. Still, we should be used to the media sticking in the boot when we're down.

Well done ABC !
lol..mate it was a lesson, in how to smash a team when they are down! 46-0 is pretty much domination all over.

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
it pisses me off is that if the situation was reversed, The Dogs would be complacent and unmotivated and either just lose or just win against a depleted opposition. I wished he had the hunger to put teams to the sword rather than toy with them, seeing how much rope we can give them and win.

jessicaaah

there's always next year
Reaction score
to be fair, storm were really good with defense and speed. They kept us on a short leash. Sigh.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
to be fair, storm were really good with defense and speed. They kept us on a short leash. Sigh.
I don't disagree with what you're saying. They thrashed us. They were awesome.

My argument is that a lesson in football is not given by defeating a weakened opponent. A lesson is when one team shows an evenly matched opponent how to play with skill and flair. The use of the words "football lesson" in this context displays a complete lack of understanding the nature of tonight's game.

M

mofo sixx

My argument is that a lesson in football is not given by defeating a weakened opponent. A lesson is when one team shows an evenly matched opponent how to play with skill and flair. The use of the words "football lesson" in this context displays a complete lack of understanding the nature of tonight's game.
they should have said a full strength side gave a bulldog side missing 11 regular first grade players a footy lesson,

no big deal

cmrn

can i buy a vowel please?
Reaction score

Sorry champ but I don't agree with what your saying.

We got taught a lesson, wether we were missing 1 regular or 17 regulars.

B

BULLDOG GEORGE

their team is on a high we are rebuilding after a decade of highs.

wattman316

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
just get on the phone and say sticks and stones may brake our bones
but names will never hurt us

Status
Not open for further replies.