Aaron Woods on BSB (wants to stay at the club)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hot Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Can't be that bad at the club if he wants to stay. I see this as a positive. No matter how much money you are being paid, you won't want to hang around if you aren't happy. He knows if he wanted to leave he could still get his full contract paid by us contributing to it. Perhaps he sees a bright future under the new administration.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is Woods just a dope and talking in past tense in this interview or is he letting the cat out of the bag?

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've said it before and I'll say it again, our forwards are doing enough for us to win almost every game we are in.. Just like previous seasons.. emphasis needs to be on the spine.
I'd have to agree here. They've matched it with pretty much every side. If someone was actually sniffing around woods every time he got an arm free he'd probably cop less slack

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd have to agree here. They've matched it with pretty much every side. If someone was actually sniffing around woods every time he got an arm free he'd probably cop less slack
You only have to look at how the knights have gone since Pearce got injured. Went from a definite top 8 side to a bottom 4 side as soon as he got hurt.

Shows how important the halves are.

Foran was a diabolical signing given that we needed a half back and not a five eighth. Even if he was playing his top footy I still think we would be struggling because he has never been an out and out play maker and thats what we needed. At Manly he shared the load with Cherry Evans. Great work Des.

Dogzzz of War

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've said it before and I'll say it again, our forwards are doing enough for us to win almost every game we are in.. Just like previous seasons.. emphasis needs to be on the spine.
Spine and outside backs are our issue.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Is Woods just a dope and talking in past tense in this interview or is he letting the cat out of the bag?
I'm with you 100%, his main quotes were in past tense and I'm sure he said twice as well that he has enjoyed his time, he also said he wants to stay but if he has to go then so be it. (I'm summarizing)

I'm the read between the lines kind of guy and thats what I got out of it. Every one will see it in their own way

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yeah and two weeks ago Hill said Mbye is going nowhere... What players, administrators and coaches say publicly is quite often the exact opposite of what is really going on.

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hes gone, just a matter of when.
Im disappointed it hasnt worked out for all concerned but good luck to him...he would have been a very good player but things just havent started well...it is such a crappy time to follow at the moment

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I wAnT tO pLaY fINaLs FoOtY

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What Woods said.

"I'll talk to him over the weekend (my manager), but at the moment I want to be here, it's a great club the Bulldogs and I've really enjoyed my time here.
"(The club has) got some really good people, Dean Pay is unreal.

"I want to stay, but things happen, rugby league is a funny game but at the moment I know I'm here definitely.

"It sucks (the trade rumours) because the people around here are unreal, I've really enjoyed my time but things do happen in rugby league that are out of our control.
"The way you handle yourself is a testament to your character. If it's meant to be that I'm here, then I would love it and I'll stay, if not, I have to move on, it's just part of life.

"There's no point holding grudges because I've really enjoyed my time here. I just want to stay, but there's a realisation that I could not be here."

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Like the bit where he said "Dean Pay is unreal" Might shut a few of the nuffies up. Hes played under a lot of coaches in SOO and Tests.

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You only have to look at how the knights have gone since Pearce got injured. Went from a definite top 8 side to a bottom 4 side as soon as he got hurt.

Shows how important the halves are.

Foran was a diabolical signing given that we needed a half back and not a five eighth. Even if he was playing his top footy I still think we would be struggling because he has never been an out and out play maker and thats what we needed. At Manly he shared the load with Cherry Evans. Great work Des.
Yeah we need a blake green/chad townsend type player who thrives on organizing the side and taking control of the kicking game. Would free foran up to just get involved in our attacking sets where he can be most effective

Status
Not open for further replies.