Aaron Woods: Hair today gone tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
HE earned comparisons with a popular female children’s TV show character. And the vertically challenged bad guy in kids movie Shrek.

But Test prop Aaron Woods says he is ready to stand tall against a fired up Sydney Roosters pack in Canterbury’s NRL round two clash at Allianz Stadium on Friday night.

The former Wests Tigers captain admitted he was surprised when the main talking point from his impressive Bulldogs debut in their first-up loss to Melbourne was his haircut.

His trademark flowing locks were replaced by a bob hairstyle which prompted some cutting remarks on social media.

“Aaron Woods’ hair could be the worst thing to happen to Perth since the Reds wound up,” one punter tweeted.

Another even went to the trouble of starting up a GoFundMe campaign to raise $10,000 for Woods to partake in the World’s Greatest Shave campaign “for the betterment of society in general”.

Thankfully Woods can see the funny side after shaving off his much talked about hairdo before the Roosters clash.

“I copped a bit of flack during the week,” Woods told Sky Sports Radio. “There were a couple of good ones.

“There was Dora The Explorer, that Lord Farquaad bloke (from Shrek). It was a haircut gone wrong ... but I have to move on; the best way was to shave it off.

“Everyone is worrying about the hair. I am worrying about playing good footy for the Bulldogs.”

Woods was impressive in the Bulldogs’ 36-18 opening round loss to the defending premiers in Perth last week, running for 117 metres, making 31 tackles and four offloads.

He hoped to make headlines for all the right reasons against the Roosters. But not after teasing the media over his new hairdo.

“There were cameras on me at training yesterday; it was ridiculous,” Woods said. “I thought I would be a punish for the cameras and left my hat on for a while. It’s not bad when you make the news with a hair cut.”

Woods admitted his job on the field won’t be made any easier by a Roosters pack reeling from the pre-season title favourites’ shock loss to the Wests Tigers.

But he backed himself, David Klemmer and skipper Josh Jackson to answer the tricolours challenge as they looked to open their own winning account. “We will face a very different Roosters side, they will be fired up on Friday night,” Woods said.

“But if Klemmer, myself and Jacko can get on top of them early it will help; we need to create some space for our backs.”

Thank fuck for that.

BankstownBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone actually got a picture of his hair cut?
All I see is pictures of him in a hat.

It’s not that I am all that interested in the new look itself but I want to make sure that this is not some aweful hoax.
I just can’t take him seriously when he looks like an 8 yo school girl..

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Has anyone actually got a picture of his hair cut?
All I see is pictures of him in a hat.

It’s not that I am all that interested in the new look itself but I want to make sure that this is not some aweful hoax.
I just can’t take him seriously when he looks like an 8 yo school girl..
He has a burst fade mohawk.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Good. He won't have to worry about fixing his hair after every run/tackle.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hope klem follows suit. I dont how its possible, but i swear he plays better when he is bald!!

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hope klem follows suit. I dont how its possible, but i swear he plays better when he is bald!!
Perhaps he uses the old dencorub on the scalp treatment that O'Meley used to use to fire himself up.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
His game against the Storm showed some good signs, don't know if I thought it was "impressive". Offloads were good, hair was fukin terrible! What's with all these girls dicks fixing their hair up every 3 seconds.....times have definitely changed in this 3000 gender run world we live in now.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
He's still got some hair there. Hat backwards in trainng photos today and you can clearly see some hair there.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Could have been an opportunity to get others in the league community and rise a shitload for the world's greatest shave.

It' only hair after all - it grows back.

Kratos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Could have been an opportunity to get others in the league community and rise a shitload for the world's greatest shave.

It' only hair after all - it grows back.
Although I don't think some of that hair at the front is growing back!

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Although I don't think some of that hair at the front is growing back!
A mate of mine used to have long heavy metal band type hair, down to the middle of his back. Problem was, he started at the front.

By his late 20s he looked as sad as an old guy with a bunch or poorly done tattoos.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Why did he have to submit to peoples opinions ? Who cares if they don't like it...
It was a shit haircut and I'm pretty sure even he realised after the fact..

Status
Not open for further replies.