Not open for further replies.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
No prop should be earning over 500k a season unless your name is Jason Taumalolo
Prettt sure almost every team has atleast 1 prop or middle forward earning that much.

Deathspell

Kennel Established
Reaction score
You seem to be ignoring the fact that we had to have at least one of them as a prop so we were up for either $1m or $1.3m and next year it is down to $800k. That effectively means Woods for Graham swap cost us $300k more than we were going to have to pay anyway. You see it is not a straight addition because you still have to have 30 blokes in the squad. Plus, that money is available for us to recruit someone this year for next year. If Graham stayed this year and wanted to play on next year we would have been back in the same position.
No I'm not ignoring that we still needed a prop,all I'm saying is that the prop position is costing us 1.3million.I follow what you're saying Woods only cost 300k more (save 200k on Woods pay 500k for Graham).If you read Freakzilla's post carefully you'll see that the point he's making is that prop position is costing us 1.3million (800k Woods + 500k Graham) where he's wrong is if we didn't get Woods we would not have 800k but 300k for a five-eight.So basically he's correct in his prop estimation and you are correct with the amount of money left available for this year.

Kiwipup

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Prettt sure almost every team has atleast 1 prop or middle forward earning that much.
Taumalolo is on a mill a year and he is twice as good as the next prop.

Dogs would probably be the only club paying a middle forward close to that figure because the rest of the clubs arent that dumb

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Taumalolo is on a mill a year and he is twice as good as the next prop.

Dogs would probably be the only club paying a middle forward close to that figure because the rest of the clubs arent that dumb
Off the top of my head, these players have been reported as earning 500k+ Packer, Vaughan, Jbrom, Fifita, Gallen, Trbojevic, Graham, Tamou, Merrin, Taupau, Burgess, Finucane, JWH, Scott, Mclean, Taumalolo, probably way more that i can't be bothered thinking of. Yes we're overpaying some players but nobody cares about it when you're winning.

Kiwipup

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Off the top of my head, these players have been reported as earning 500k+ Packer, Vaughan, Jbrom, Fifita, Gallen, Trbojevic, Graham, Tamou, Merrin, Taupau, Burgess, Finucane, JWH, Scott, Mclean, Taumalolo, probably way more that i can't be bothered thinking of. Yes we're overpaying some players but nobody cares about it when you're winning.
It was also reported that Tolman is the best forward in the NRL so you cant really believe all reports? Can you?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
It was also reported that Tolman is the best forward in the NRL so you cant really believe all reports? Can you?
No, so why do we believe we're paying our forwards close to $1m?

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
No prop should be earning over 500k a season unless your name is Jason Taumalolo
Who is a lock.....Don't tell Taupau, Bromwich, Tamou, Scott, Blair, Packer, Matulino, Vaughan, Graham, Fiffita and Evans. They might get a bit angry seeing as they are already on more than $500k

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Des Hasler is the only human being on earth that believes that Tolman is the best prop in the game

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Woods has run for more meteres and made more tackles than Graham in round 1and round 2. Ennis needs to do his homework . Me thinks Ennis still holds a bit of a grudge toward being shown the door.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Even the bald guy asked Ennis if he had been drinking

Deathspell

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Ennis is talking shit after 2 games the stats show a different story.Only stat Graham beats Woods on is tackle breaks 2 to 0.Woods beats Graham in Post contact meters 86 to 57;Ave Hit ups 13.5 to 11.5;Offloads 7 to 1;Tackles 60 (93.7% efficiency) to 51 (92.8 efficiency);Ave running meters 144 to 98.5 and Total running meters 288 to 197.Woods leads the comp for most offloads.If Ennis believes reason St.George are doing well is because of Graham their other forwards must have piss poor stats.

Status
Not open for further replies.