Aaron Woods ‘a shadow’ of James Graham, says Michael Ennis

Status
Not open for further replies.

addoujspark

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
So many people on here seem to be too immature to get past their own emotions when someone points out some truths about their team.

Ennis doesn't call Woods a dud, he simply says that so far he isn't performing like a Marquee, $800k a year, origin prop.

If you don't like the truth, then simply say you don't like the truth - but don't attack the person pointing out the truth.
Wow can u honestly say ennis doesn't comment on the dogs on a weekly basis no criticism for the sharks who are 0-2 and signed Dugan and Moylan on big money after 2 rounds can u seriously say something like that woods will make ennis eat his words ennis didn't fire at the sharks till 2016 like I said hatred from someone who considerd the dogs as family

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Paying Graham 500K to play for one of our biggest rivals while also paying Woods 800K to replace Graham is insanity. We're using $1.3 million of our cap space on 1 prop position. Could've still had Graham and used that 800K on a 5/8 or back.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Paying Graham 500K to play for one of our biggest rivals while also paying Woods 800K to replace Graham is insanity. We're using $1.3 million of our cap space on 1 prop position. Could've still had Graham and used that 800K on a 5/8 or back.
If Graham stayed he was on $1m so effectively we have saved $500k. That means Woods for Graham swap has cost us $300k this year and we are in front next year and will have a motza for a 5/8. so it seems like a pretty good long term decision to me.

GUSLER

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I love all the analysis after 2rds. Why doesn’t Ennia compare Woods to 2017 Graham.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Woods isn’t the reason we are losing no chance
Maybe he should put a rocket up Jackson and klemmers arse
Mia first 2 rounds and wayyyy below par

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ennis is full of himself. Listening to him and the other great explainers Parker and Anasta is torture. They just talk for the sake of talking and this is a great example.

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I like Ennis and his loyalty for his boys is fucking solid. But move on mate. I remember people on Kennel saying we should hire Ennis on the coaching staff, but blokes like him are so loyal if your a shit **** like Reynolds you would be kept. I am comfortable with Woods over Graham. Plus he is making out Graham is the reason Dragons are breathing fire, it's all fucking Jack De Belin mainly and Sims in the middle jamming *****, Tyson Frizzell's runs along Paul Vaughn who has a big engine and gets over the advantage line not just drops to the floor like Graham. leeson ah mau has been more valuable than Graham.
Leeson Ah Mau has surprised me... what a beast!!!

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Ennis is full of himself. Listening to him and the other great explainers Parker and Anasta is torture. They just talk for the sake of talking and this is a great example.
I agree. You listen to blokes like Gaz and he pulls a game apart to point out how playing a certain way in one block impacts on results in a later block of play and while he is red and white all night he has a bit of balance. Ennis and Parker just gibber all night. They trade on their relationships with current players not their knowledge of the game.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
All i can say is we replaced Graham with Woods.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think ennis is a whinger and has gotten annoying but yeah Aron woods is seeming to just be a lgbtqi version of tony Williams. Lol

Dogs of war76

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
An Ennis thread without Wolfmother declaring he is the best player ever to have lived and the club will never be the same without him???? What the hell is going on lol

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
An Ennis thread without Wolfmother declaring he is the best player ever to have lived and the club will never be the same without him???? What the hell is going on lol
Now you have done it. Another post I am going to have to ignore or spoon my eyes out....

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Woods wasn't bought to replace Graham, it's just that Graham was the only player on decent coin that another club wanted.

No one was going to sign Tolman or Eastwood.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Wow can u honestly say ennis doesn't comment on the dogs on a weekly basis no criticism for the sharks who are 0-2 and signed Dugan and Moylan on big money after 2 rounds can u seriously say something like that woods will make ennis eat his words ennis didn't fire at the sharks till 2016 like I said hatred from someone who considerd the dogs as family
This post is a prime example of emotion overtaking facts.

Woods has played ok, but hasn't played as well as he should have based on his salary and position in the game as the starting blues prop. Ennis is spot on.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Round 1 - Woods 18 runs 152m
31 tackles
Graham 14 runs 121m
26 tackles

Round 2 - Woods 16 runs 136m
31 tackles
Graham 11 runs 76m
26 tackles

Where are Mick Ennis’s stats coming from?

Tacky

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We have Klemmer and Jackson that are meant to be the aggressive forwards that hit hard, they just haven't aimed up. Our defensive systems are a mess thanks to Pay and overall our players are just flat and lacking intensity. Slot Woods into the Dragons side are they're going as a good or better than what they're doing now...slot Graham into ours and we're still 0-2 with him adding nothing extra.
I agree with that. You just need your aggressive forward leaders to stand up.

Deathspell

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If Graham stayed he was on $1m so effectively we have saved $500k. That means Woods for Graham swap has cost us $300k this year and we are in front next year and will have a motza for a 5/8. so it seems like a pretty good long term decision to me.
Freakzilla is right.Woods is costing us 800k and Graham 500k,Prop position totals 1.3million.Your maths is flawed as there is no swap but a straight out addition.Regarding next year that's irrelevant as Graham only had 1 year left on his contract and we would have had his million available instead of 500k.

dhoo8450

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since Ennis won the premiership he thinks he is the ultimate authority when it comes to Rugby League. He has been talking rubbish about this club for a long time.
The **** is doing my head in TBH. He is obviously getting paid to give his opinion but still doesn't I like it!

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Freakzilla is right.Woods is costing us 800k and Graham 500k,Prop position totals 1.3million.Your maths is flawed as there is no swap but a straight out addition.Regarding next year that's irrelevant as Graham only had 1 year left on his contract and we would have had his million available instead of 500k.
You seem to be ignoring the fact that we had to have at least one of them as a prop so we were up for either $1m or $1.3m and next year it is down to $800k. That effectively means Woods for Graham swap cost us $300k more than we were going to have to pay anyway. You see it is not a straight addition because you still have to have 30 blokes in the squad. Plus, that money is available for us to recruit someone this year for next year. If Graham stayed this year and wanted to play on next year we would have been back in the same position.

Status
Not open for further replies.