Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Reality Check!

Before you all go mad writing us off and bagging everyone from Des to the cleaners, consider the following:

Round 6 Souths 20 Bulldogs 10 LOSS
Round 7 Storm 12 Bulldogs 6 LOSS
Round 8 Manly 12 Bulldogs 10 LOSS

Reasons

Our backs were falling like flies and we had not yet purchased Inu or Perrett. Lost Hod in early rounds and KK new to the normal side.

Down on personnel.

Made it to the GF and were minor premiers once we got a decent complete and regular team on the field.

Round 3 Storm 22 Bulldogs 18 LOSS
Round 4 Souths 17 Bulldogs 12 LOSS
Round 5 Manly 20 Bulldogs 6 LOSS

Reasons

Massive problems with forwards being suspended or injured. Missing Barba till round 4 and Inu suspended.

Down on personnel.

So writing off the side after these losses is pretty dumb, considering it happened the same way for the same reasons last year and look where we ended up.

The only difference between last year and this year is last year we were down on backs and this year forwards. In fact i think we are WORSE off this year!

Pull your heads in, theres 21 rounds to go!

Last edited by a moderator:

Kiraz Crazy

Hasler_For_PM
Reaction score
Before you all go mad writing us off and bagging everyone from Des to the cleaners, consider the following:

Round 6 Souths 20 Bulldogs 10 LOSS
Round 7 Storm 12 Bulldogs 6 LOSS
Round 8 Manly 12 Bulldogs 10 LOSS

Reasons

Our backs were falling like flies and we had not yet purchased Inu or Perrett. Lost Hod in early rounds and KK new to the normal side.

Down on personel.

Made it to the GF and were minor premiers once we got a decent complete and regular team on the field.

Round 3 Storm 22 Bulldogs 18 LOSS
Round 4 Souths 17 Bulldogs 12 LOSS
Round 5 Manly 20 Bulldogs 6 LOSS

Reasons

Massive problems with forwards being suspended or injured. Missing Barba till round 4 and Inu suspended.

Down on personel.

So writing off the side after these losses is pretty dumb, considering it happened the same way for the same reasons last year and look where we ended up.

Pull your heads in, theres 21 rounds to go!
Use other clubs as well

West tigers won round 1, lost the next 6 then won the next 7
Melbourne during origin lost about 5 in a row

2002, roosters were 1/5 after 5 rounds, ended up winning the premiership

Owey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not to mention that we have been playing pretty ordinary footy and only just getting beaten (on the scoreboard). We have played 3 of the premiership heavyweights in successive weeks, and now have to follow that up with an in form Rorters side.

Eagle eye

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
You're right. You have too many injuries to be slitting your wrists over recent results.
No Graham, Eastwood, Klemmer, Inu.

You'll be going much better once everyone gets back from injury and suspension. Manly had a similar year last year and it makes things bloody tough. And having certain people who bludge all game doesn't help either..... but that's another thread.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Last year we were not up to it early on vs the top teams and lost as well. We warmed up and came home with a full sail. Des wont want us to play like its a GF every week early in the comp. He will rather we are in form going into the finals.

The exact same sh1t happened last year and we had a good year overall so people need to keep it real.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
You're right. You have too many injuries to be slitting your wrists over recent results.
No Graham, Eastwood, Klemmer, Inu.
and Kasiano, Turner

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
2012 team harmony

2013 lol
2012 and 2013, we lost the same 3 matches in the same part of year, for the same reasons (down on personnel).

Godberts lol

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Cheers for that post dognacious. You're always way too positive on this forum. It's still early days guys, if we start losing when we have a full squad then we should panic. We just got to hang tight!

Cammo

Bulldogs Tragic
Reaction score
Stats don't always tell the full story. Last year even though we were losing we had still looked good and there was a feeling we were building towards something.

I personally don't get that feeling at the moment. The team looks flat and disorganised, something we never saw from them last year. I don't believe unless there is a major change in our structure that we can replicate last year, it looks more like teams have figured us out and are shutting us down far easier. Manly really should have won by more tonight

I do hope I am wrong though

Gingerbread Man

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The big worry for us is when I see us in the opposition 20m we don't even look close in scoring a try. Last tackle options are not a disaster they are a catastrophe. We should go for a play that gets looks to set up a try or if it's not on, go for a repeat set. We go one out with a forward on 3rd and 4th tackle and a hail mary for the 5th that is poorly executed. I'm just calling a spade a spade as I watch the games with unbiased people that comment on how predictable our attack has become. All I can do is shake my head in silence.

I never thought the day would come that I would sorely anticipate the day that a forward (Graham and Kasiano) would come back to improve our attack. This day is now.

Malla

Reaction score
Big thing though is those 50/50 calls that just aren't going our way unfortunately.

Edroy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not worried at all about not making the finals or anything, but like most bulldogs fans not happy with the lack of energy in the the effort v manly. In saying that, the effort was there and they've never really been a high energy, aggressive team like manly.

Success last year came from skill, not attitude but it would be good to see more than half the team fired up.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
For the first four rounds this year I am quite proud of the boys efforts but not tonight. It was a disaster. Maybe this loss is what they really needed.

DSC

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
2012 team harmony

2013 lol
What are saying that there are issues within the team, maybe, but I think it's obvious that we are out of form, forwards have not dominated any game this year, so the backs haven't had a chance to perform. When the big boppers are back you will see more space on the edges and the points will flow.

Blue&White

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
2012 - no Tony Williams
2013 - Tony Williams

Jokes aside, we are missing Kas, Graham and Eastwood the most. They are ball playing forwards who not only bend the line, but also create second phase play. This then allows our backs to play.

Two of our best defenders from 2012 were not playing last night. Halatau (injured) and Stagg (Broncos). Stagg has been a massive loss.

Kas back in 2 weeks, Graham in 3 and hopefully Eastwood next week. But we need to start winning games!

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
2012 - no Tony Williams
2013 - Tony Williams

Jokes aside, we are missing Kas, Graham and Eastwood the most. They are ball playing forwards who not only bend the line, but also create second phase play. This then allows our backs to play.

Two of our best defenders from 2012 were not playing last night. Halatau (injured) and Stagg (Broncos). Stagg has been a massive loss.

Kas back in 2 weeks, Graham in 3 and hopefully Eastwood next week. But we need to start winning games!

This!

Untamed

Previously wilddog
Reaction score
Reality is, last year was a team that had no huge expectations put upon them. You had players who loved playing together under a new coach and everyone was happy because there was no pressure, and as a result made it to the grand final.
This year, a totally a different scenario because the bulldogs were last year's grand finalists, so the expectations are to go one better. The only problem is now, that every team they come up against wants to measure themselves up against them, so they play with a lot more enthusiasm. I know the bulldogs have had injuries to a few key players but i'm seeing a team that looks lethargic and a little lost on the field. But the most worrying part is they look predictable.
Maybe buying a player from another club for $600,000 a year that plays with no heart has something to do with it. Especially when you got guys in the team that are playing for a lot less and are busting their arses.
I agree it's only round 5, so i'm hoping like every other fan that things will turn around.
At the half way point is when we get a clearer picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.