A way of moving Flanagan on diplomaticaly.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
There's only 2 possible ways we get rid of him

1. His dad gets another job and wants to take his son to that new club

2. His contract naturally expires with the length of time. I think he's already aware that this is the end of his career, so he's not going to take out a measly pay out when this is his last chance of earning big bucks from footy.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hire Flanagan senior as an assistant coach on the proviso that his son goes to another club.

sifter6

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Now that the club has moved Elliot on withou creating much fuss, it should try to move Flanagan on as well.
If the club still has some money left over from the 2021 cap, why not offer Flanagan 100K or $200Ks to move on. while informing him that he will only be on the bench for the CC if he refuses.
That the money saved from Elliots contract and Flanagans money would come in very handy for 2022.
As for those who say they want to see Flanno play with better players around him, Flanno did have better players around him at the Roosters, and Robinson is no fool of a coach.
I haven't seen a bigger 'dud signing' - this guy is garbage. He needs to find a QLD Cup team that will have him.

Hopefully Flanagan Senior does get a coaching job so he comes off the commentary team - he is a dud also.

the12thman

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He needs to go play interstate or overseas and be away from his Dad to grow up and become his own man and a better player.

If he stays on Sydney I don't think he can be a successful NRL player

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL
Has the OP had a full time job and been out in the real world?
1 or 2k to move on when hes guaranteed 650k over the next 2 years?
even 100 or 200 why would anyone in their right mind do that?
I meant for the money $100,000 to $200.000 to be used as an incentive for hin to look for another club, either here or in the SL. He or his dad have sold him well in the past so they could possibly do it again, He and his dad should be told in the most politically correct manner that his value will only go down if if stays at the bulldogs, which just might work if both he and his dad believe that he can be an NRLhalf.
My suggestion about the money was that if it could be paid out of this years cap then all of his and Elliots money would be available for 2022.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He needs to go play interstate or overseas and be away from his Dad to grow up and become his own man and a better player.

A very good idea, if he can make a Qld Cup team or a SL team.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I haven't seen a bigger 'dud signing' - this guy is garbage. He needs to find a QLD Cup team that will have him.

Hopefully Flanagan Senior does get a coaching job so he comes off the commentary team - he is a dud also.

Despite being only at no. 5, my pick is Karl Filiga. $600k for 11 minutes work.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Yep, I think the UK would be good for him, for the reasons you stated & some attacking coaching. He has been brainwashed into structure & it has become second nature to him. He needs to learn to read the play & act on instincts & what he sees in front of him. It may be too late because he has probably been taught structure from an early age & doesn't know any different.

Donkey Slayer

Banned
Reaction score

I know i know, and we get the spoon for signing the little weasel ****

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get Adam Elliott’s ‘friend’ Millie Boyle to have an extra 10 minutes then Elliot got with her in a public toilet?

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I meant for the money $100,000 to $200.000 to be used as an incentive for hin to look for another club, either here or in the SL. He or his dad have sold him well in the past so they could possibly do it again, He and his dad should be told in the most politically correct manner that his value will only go down if if stays at the bulldogs, which just might work if both he and his dad believe that he can be an NRLhalf.
My suggestion about the money was that if it could be paid out of this years cap then all of his and Elliots money would be available for 2022.
maybe he could play cricket, sounds like a Jahved Meandad

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No it hasn't.

Always a Bulldog
Gee you must have Flanagan's phone bugged and know exactly who he talks to every minute of every day.

He's been whingeing enough that it started thoughts about moving his son on.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Gee you must have Flanagan's phone bugged and know exactly who he talks to every minute of every day.
I don’t have to, I know the conversation that Barrett had with SFlanagan before we signed KFlanagan.

He's been whingeing enough that it started thoughts about moving his son on.
Not to Barrett, which is what you falsely claimed.

Always a Bulldog

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t have to, I know the conversation that Barrett had with SFlanagan before we signed KFlanagan.

Not to Barrett, which is what you falsely claimed.

Always a Bulldog
Yes he's been whingeing to management at least but how do we know he hasn't to Barrett also. Barrett would have to be the main one Flano needs to speak to. I don't know Barrett or Flano so can't say who'se said what if anything

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Do you seriously think some high priced barrister couldn't argue that as a threat?

What they need to do is play him in NSW Cup and let him realise it for himself.

You tell a player you will not even consider him for FG no matter what, is a breach of contract.
Yeah play him in NSW Cup but off the bench, not starting lineup.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Yes he's been whingeing to management at least but how do we know he hasn't to Barrett also. Barrett would have to be the main one Flano needs to speak to. I don't know Barrett or Flano so can't say who'se said what if anything
I can absolutely guarantee that Barrett and SFlanagan have an agreement that SFlanagan will not interfere in any way with Barrett's coaching of KFlanagan.

Always a Bulldog

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can absolutely guarantee that Barrett and SFlanagan have an agreement that SFlanagan will not interfere in any way with Barrett's coaching of KFlanagan.

Always a Bulldog
Good to know / hear thank you