News A true team player

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have heard all week about staff being cut at NRL clubs, but Yvette Davey is the face of the crisis. Yvette’s official role is the Bulldogs player engagement co-ordinator. In effect, she is a second mum to the club’s players. Yvette has been amazed by how quickly her world has changed.

"We played our last game against the Cowboys at ANZ [Stadium] and we were asking ourselves how long will we would continue," she said. "In the back of our minds, we knew it would only be a matter of time. I was hoping nothing would change. After our Thursday night game we had a few days off. On Sunday at about 7.15pm I was sent a calendar invitation asking to log in as the Bulldogs CEO Andrew Hill wanted to address all staff. During that phone conference, Andrew sounded very concerned. That confirmed to me that I would be stood down and that is precisely what happened.
He apologised and said he never wanted to be delivering such sad news, particularly over the telephone, but it was due to the doubt of the future of this season. He explained that there were no crowds or supporters. Andrew then called me 30 minutes later. To have my CEO call me direct just showed me what a valued member of the group I was
If you want an indication of Yvette’s character and how football is her life, it’s underlined by what she did next. "I asked if I would still be able to volunteer my time with the team, given that this is a very challenging time for everybody. He responded: ‘Yvette, of course, you will always be part of the team."

Yvette is set to continue doing unpaid work for the club.

■ Club stalwarts who have lost their job and want to tell their story can contact me at dweidler@nine.com.au

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
To: dweidler@nine.com.au
Cc: thekennel
Subject: Germ

Danny,

You are a germ. That’s pretty much it

Regards,
Not Ben Teo

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Subject: You ranga c***

Danny,

You are a c***. That’s pretty much it

Regards,
EVERYONE

Just made it a bit more factually accurate cuz.
I had something like that written at first, but I didn’t want Channel Nine to block my email lol. (I like yours better)

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Subject: Karmichael

Danny,

You are a ranga ganga of the highest order, Karmichael.

Regards,
Todd Greenberg's Pathetic Excuse for a Beard

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
lol.. above. Fuck I’m bored.