A true cleanout!

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Yes they knew that someone much better in Walker but they also knew that Flanno failed to perform when Keary got injured during their annual review after they lost to Canberra. Watch his matches in 2020 especially the finals and you'll see he did very little.
It's a bit optimistic to expect a 21 year old 1/2 in his first full season of NRL to not only do his job but to fill Keary's (an $850k player) 5/8 shoes as well. Forget optimistic, it was the stuff fairy tails are made of.

Always a Bulldog

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i definitely agree with you on that; but i was replying to someone who asked why everyone is interested in Paulo. My initial sentiment was if we can get rid of RFM and use that money for Paulo i'd be all for it - because i'd rather a ferarri instead of a kia!
True.. agree with you. I just think RFM would be on 400k max and it would take probably double that to get Paulo

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I recall maybe two seasons ago RFM was played as a bench prop for the last few games of the season and he looked really good there. Maybe he can be utilized there this season..

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's a bit optimistic to expect a 21 year old 1/2 in his first full season of NRL to not only do his job but to fill Keary's (an $850k player) 5/8 shoes as well. Forget optimistic, it was the stuff fairy tails are made of.

Always a Bulldog
Whatever you say Mr know it all. You must think Flanno is the next immortal. So how did 21.5 year old Flanno do at the Chooks in 2020 and Dogs in 2021 compared to 18 year old Sam Walker at the Chooks in 2021 when half their team had long term injuries or retirements during the year? Didn't Keary get injured for the entire season very EARLY in 2021 leaving Sam Walker to lead the team for most of the year? You must think Sam Walker is not real but a fairy tale.
How many times did Flanno engage the line, commit defenders and put team mates into gaps at the Chooks or the Dogs this year?

sam snee

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
With a decent ball runner and kicker like Burton, Flanagans role would be a lot simpler, with less pressure. Id like to see BBO get a shot at half first though
I agree but flanno plz never again @7

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Whatever you say Mr know it all. You must think Flanno is the next immortal. So how did 21.5 year old Flanno do at the Chooks in 2020 and Dogs in 2021 compared to 18 year old Sam Walker at the Chooks in 2021 when half their team had long term injuries or retirements during the year? Didn't Keary get injured for the entire season very EARLY in 2021 leaving Sam Walker to lead the team for most of the year? You must think Sam Walker is not real but a fairy tale.
How many times did Flanno engage the line, commit defenders and put team mates into gaps at the Chooks or the Dogs this year?
If he is so good why did Robinson put Walker on against the Cowboys for less than 9 minutes, just for the sole purpose of kicking a field goal? Despite his “engage the line, commit defenders and put team mates into gaps“ he couldn’t afford to risk having him on for the other 71 minutes. The week before he played the grand total of 5 minutes. Robinson emphatically answered your question, by dropping him to the bench, picking Lam ahead of him and playing him for a total of 14 minutes in the last round and first finals game.

As everyone knows first seasons can look good but then 2nd season syndrome kicks in. This early teams were already successfully targeting him, imagine what next season is going to look like, when coaches have had a good look at him and identified his weaknesses. For a starter his defence is almost non existent, much like his father and uncle. FMD has was on for more than half the game against Manly and did nothing, diddly squat, SFA, no tries, no try assists, no line breaks, Hasler had worked him out and Manly completely nullified him.

Always a Bulldogs

Last edited:

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Makes you wonder looking at that team, where our cap was being spent.
Just remember that we were operating off a severely reduced cap for a number of years due to paying marquee players to play for other clubs.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
If he is so good why did Robinson put Walker on against the Cowboys for less than 9 minutes, just for the sole purpose of kicking a field goal? Despite his “engage the line, commit defenders and put team mates into gaps“ he couldn’t afford to risk having him on for the other 71 minutes. The week before he played the grand total of 5 minutes. Robinson emphatically answered your question, by dropping him to the bench, picking Lam ahead of him and playing him for a total of 14 minutes in the last round and first finals game.

As everyone knows first seasons can look good but then 2nd season syndrome kicks in. This early teams were already successfully targeting him, imagine what next season is going to look like, when coaches have had a good look at him and identified his weaknesses. For a starter his defence is almost non existent, much like his father and uncle. FMD has was on for more than half the game against Manly and did nothing, diddly squat, SFA, no tries, no try assists, no line breaks, Hasler had worked him out and Manly completely nullified him.

Always a Bulldogs
Walker may have some upside but he is a target in defence and when he does get tackled he gets smashed - i dont know if teams can carry two small halves (walker keary) even if they can tackle, their lack of size / stength makes them targets

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
A simple role with less pressure, bra this is first grade nrl, that attitude isn’t welcome at the new Bulldogs
Ahh First grade NRL is it ? I thought this was the European handball thread.Thanks for clarifying.
Now, what do you know about this "Ashes cricket" ? Because I've been watching for 2 days, and so far I've seen no evidence of smoke or fire, people named Ashley or any insects at all

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

Always a Bulldogs
k

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
People that want Flanagan at 7 must enjoy pain and misery
Would still like to see him get a run at some stage and see if he has evolved at all, people were excited when we first signed him.

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Walkers shoulder was rat shit, see the massive pad on it, Robbo was nurturing an 18 year old that showed far more than Flanno since the day he was born, remove his last name and nobody would know him, thanks to daddy.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Looking forward to what our line up will be and I’m sure there’l be a few young guys get a run

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I love a good clean out, the dumb plodders won't be even able to push a broom for work. Lol.

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Always a Bulldogs
What a pathetic response. It shows your arrogance, ignorance and ridiculous attempt to rewrite the facts.

>"If he is so good why did Robinson put Walker on against the Cowboys for less than 9 minutes, just for the sole purpose of kicking a field goal?"
Very simple. Walker was playing with a shoulder injury for the majority of the season that he suffered early in the season. He was rested for games towards the end of the season and was on pain killers for most of the year. It was well documented at the time and even Gus said it in Ch9 commentary. When the game was in the balance Robinson put him on the field to win the game.

>'"against Manly and did nothing, diddly squat, SFA, no tries, no try assists, no line breaks, Hasler had worked him out and Manly completely nullified him."
So what about Manly thumping the Dogs 66-0 and 36-18 during the year? Wasn't Flanno playing in those games?
So according to you Walker was solely responsible for the Chooks losing to Manly but Flanno was not responsible for the Dogs getting smashed by Manly.
What incredible insight you have.

So in short, your argument is:
  • Walker is a complete dud
  • Flanno is a star and in his time at the Chooks in 2020 he outperformed Walker's 2021 performance
  • Uncle Nick and Robinson made a HUGE mistake in choosing Walker over Flanno
  • The Dogs are incredibly lucky to have Flanno and on his wage here he's an absolute bargain
If that is not your argument then you have contradicted your previous posts and made a fool of yourself.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
What a pathetic response. It shows your arrogance, ignorance and ridiculous attempt to rewrite the facts.

>"If he is so good why did Robinson put Walker on against the Cowboys for less than 9 minutes, just for the sole purpose of kicking a field goal?"
Very simple. Walker was playing with a shoulder injury for the majority of the season that he suffered early in the season. He was rested for games towards the end of the season and was on pain killers for most of the year. It was well documented at the time and even Gus said it in Ch9 commentary. When the game was in the balance Robinson put him on the field to win the game.

>'"against Manly and did nothing, diddly squat, SFA, no tries, no try assists, no line breaks, Hasler had worked him out and Manly completely nullified him."
So what about Manly thumping the Dogs 66-0 and 36-18 during the year? Wasn't Flanno playing in those games?
So according to you Walker was solely responsible for the Chooks losing to Manly but Flanno was not responsible for the Dogs getting smashed by Manly.
What incredible insight you have.

So in short, your argument is:
  • Walker is a complete dud
  • Flanno is a star and in his time at the Chooks in 2020 he outperformed Walker's 2021 performance
  • Uncle Nick and Robinson made a HUGE mistake in choosing Walker over Flanno
  • The Dogs are incredibly lucky to have Flanno and on his wage here he's an absolute bargain
If that is not your argument then you have contradicted your previous posts and made a fool of yourself.
My take from the above is you agree that I stated the facts, vis a vis Walker played 9 minutes, was put on only to kick a field goal and against Manly his stats we zero after zero.

If you actually read what I posted my point was that 1st year players can look world beaters, but then coaches work them out and 2nd year syndrome kicks in.

Let‘s see how this season works out for him.

FWIW whilst I may not agree with someone's opinion I still respect their right to have and to express that opinion.
Always a Bulldog

Last edited: