Official A Personal Request from Lynne Anderson

zappa

Punk in Drublic
Reaction score
It's really interesting subject when you think further about it isn't it. I think alot of fans are making/made their voices felt through memberships, it's been a tough few years. That alone isn't enough to stop or prevent one from being a "financial supporting" fan but I think you will find that the taste of Dib, Ralene and Des is still quite fresh. Their contempt shown towards fans back then was damaging and remember ultimately it was die hard fans who started the end of their tenure. The fans saw the faults atleast 12 months before the so called experts on TV joined the chorus. Naturally throwing money towards anything that is showing you contempt just isn't going to happen.

As part of the repair work this new board should have known or atleast realised that some mending to the fanbase was required. These are people who have gone through Salary Cap, Rape allegations, off field dramas and then watching our club be picked apart from within. I don't think they ever did do this. I do find it a little presumptuous this article although I'm not entirely against her trying to reach us. I don't think she has done it right. The fact that there has been no membership drive, communication seems embarrassing and non existent and for the large part the content and info from the club has been weak and non engaging. It is quite rude that part about "putting your money where your mouth is" after no leg work from the club.

Lynne needs to binge watch "designated Survivor" off Netflix and see if that can teach her some inspirational leadership ideas. Engage with the fanbase, look after them and show them that they are needed for more than money and data. A family club doesn't work if the fans aren't considered family.....
Good show

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Lol I still can't believe they're begging for members, what a joke. Been here for years and have done absolutely fuck all in regards to this and spent their time sending out letters complaining about the cap and other garbage.

Funny thing is that I'm a member of two other clubs yet have absolutely no desire to become member for us or even attend games right now even though I spend way too much fucking time on here talking about us ffs.

Really really hope the club gets their shit sorted and improves here and doesn't pull off garbage like this again. We aren't always going to be winning or playing an attractive style of footy and the club isn't always going to have control over that, but what they do have control over is their content they deliver us, the relationship, etc. Can't fucking rely on loyalty for everything.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Lol I still can't believe they're begging for members, what a joke. Been here for years and have done absolutely fuck all in regards to this and spent their time sending out letters complaining about the cap and other garbage.

Funny thing is that I'm a member of two other clubs yet have absolutely no desire to become member for us or even attend games right now even though I spend way too much fucking time on here talking about us ffs.

Really really hope the club gets their shit sorted and improves here and doesn't pull off garbage like this again. We aren't always going to be winning or playing an attractive style of footy and the club isn't always going to have control over that, but what they do have control over is their content they deliver us, the relationship, etc. Can't fucking rely on loyalty for everything.
Perhaps you should become a football club member so you can voice your grievances in a more productive way.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Perhaps you should become a football club member so you can voice your grievances in a more productive way.
Na.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
aren't we doing the same for a major sponsor, seem to remember the club putting out an add begging for a sponsor.... pretty sad

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have a very big support base across all of Sydney and I believe the most passionate
Lynne can say anything she wants but at the end of the day our team need to do some talking on that footy field
I’ve always purchased membership packs through good times or bad,
The reality is fans won’t attend unless we are winning a lot more
Let’s hope for a great season ahead