A message to the true fans of the Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
love the moment you read, true fans, like your the messiah or something

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm a true fan, been watching every game since 1980.

I cant remember a worse coach than Dean Pay in this period. That's 40 years.

Previous board is responsible for salary cap mess but current board is responsible for resigning Pay and current coach ( Pay) is responsible right now for this team. His selections are ridiculous and his player development skills are horrible

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There's only so much you can hold onto, mate. I'll always be here to support, but it's getting to a point where I have better things to do for 2 hours a week - and watching the grass grow seems to be a better option right now.

You want to know the sad state of mindset that I am currently in as a Bulldogs supporter? You wanna know what the minimum I expect of my team every week now? To not be held scoreless.

That is a fucking sad mentality, but one that I have been driven towards of late. I cannot believe the state this club is in.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
In my life I've learnt tough times never last but they keep coming round again.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So where are the tough players? Not in our side thats for sure.

Every year since 2014 our team has looked worse, regardless of the final standings.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
How could a true fan stand silently and watch this once proud club slowly disintegrating and not voice an opinion?

Just because my opinion differs from yours does not make me any less a fan then you Horse.

If players had improved under Pay's tenure. If players played in there best positions. If our recruitment had been aggressive and swift in resolving the squads shortcomings. If we had 17 players bleeding for the jersey.

Then I would support the coach and the board, I'd even consider joining your crusade against the masses of ignorants populating the kennel.

Unfortunately that isn't so. Pay has continually made poor team selections, switched players out of position and out of the side of the field best suited. His use of interchange is amateur. The recruitment has been sh!thouse. We have a war chest, but aside from an untested english front rower, we have nothing to show for it.

This shit show will continue until someone in the club has the tenacity to sack Pay and start recruiting the right players and coaching staff instead of looking for Bulldogs DNA and good humans.

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Exactly the point I'm making. Not acceptable for a Bulldog coach. I'm certain something will give. If Kevin Moore with true Bulldogs pedigree can be sacked mid season, then there is no reason why Kevin Moores sister and her board can't do the same to Pay. Good bloke maybe, but not a coach. Georgalis for caretaker.
If they truly care about the Club:-

The entire coaching staff should have been sacked at 9am this morning. At 9:15 Kevin’s sister should’ve called a press conference & announced she was stepping down with her inept board & recruitment committee.
The fish rots from the head down.

Let’s start from ground zero.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
A true fan would never stick up for Pay and for how bad our club is going... they are the cancer of this club. The rest of us want to Win....

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am really frustrated with our direction, recruitment, selections and game day strategies. Pay's quote , upon his appointment, was to bring on the madness. I thought to myself at the time that he was going to unleash juniors and let the ball sing. Instead we have witnessed a continual dependency on duds that would never make 1st grade in other teams. He ignores our juniors & his game day management is terrible. His sole strategy is to defend our way to victory which clearly isn't viable. This strategy is also exacerbated by the new 6 again rules which are going to pretty much make us wooden spoon favorites in 2020. Our power brokers have all but ignored the priority of assembling a quality spine yet. Instead they continue to sign more forwards. Our club is brain dead from the coach all the way up to the board. As I said...I am frustrated.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Well let's start at step one....get rid of the coach and see what pans out. Usually coaches get sacked before boards step down. If off course i5 fails to eventuate then the board will get voted out. No excuses for our worst period since most kenellers could remember
If they truly care about the Club:-

The entire coaching staff should have been sacked at 9am this morning. At 9:15 Kevin’s sister should’ve called a press conference & announced she was stepping down with her inept board & recruitment committee.
The fish rots from the head down.

Let’s start from ground zero.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
There's only so much you can hold onto, mate. I'll always be here to support, but it's getting to a point where I have better things to do for 2 hours a week - and watching the grass grow seems to be a better option right now.

You want to know the sad state of mindset that I am currently in as a Bulldogs supporter? You wanna know what the minimum I expect of my team every week now? To not be held scoreless.

That is a fucking sad mentality, but one that I have been driven towards of late. I cannot believe the state this club is in.
I just laid some Sir Walter out the front of my place about 4 weeks ago mate and I can literally confirm I’ve got more joy out of watching that grow than I did out of watching our games this year...

It is actually quite a cathartic experience...

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I just laid some Sir Walter out the front of my place about 4 weeks ago mate and I can literally confirm I’ve got more joy out of watching that grow than I did out of watching our games this year...

It is actually quite a cathartic experience...
Faaaark thats mad
Pics of the Sir Walter please?

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
This side has gone from accepting mediocrity to striving for it under pay. Enough is enough

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been a Bulldogs fan since the 80's and have seen good teams and bad teams, champions and cellar dwellers, a dynasty and a dynasty missed, when we were the entertainers and the Dogs of War, the Family Club to the Bling Boys etc.

but honestly, I had more hope and crazily enough it was easier being a 'Dogs fan when they were stripping us of all our points for salary cap breaches and accusing us of gang rape than being a 'Dogs fan now... villains or not, we had to be reckoned with... now we are a joke grabbing our ankles every weekend