Official A Message from the Club Chairman

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
With the new Board having met for the first time I thought that it was an opportune moment to update you on some really positive news around the club.

Last week was fantastic for the Bulldogs.

We were able to announce the signing of an outstanding young half in Kyle Flanagan for the next three years, former All Blacks Head Coach Steve Hansen came on board as a High Performance Consultant and local junior Jake Averillo, extended his contract with the club until the end of the 2023 season.

Each of these moves are significant as they are part of what we are terming a ‘new beginning’ where we are putting the building blocks in place for future success.

Kyle Flanagan, is the first part of that in terms of the game management and all-round skills he will bring to our halves, while Steve Hansen will be a terrific ‘sounding board’ for incoming coach Trent Barrett, with whom he already has a strong relationship.

The Jake Averillo extension is also significant as it is exactly the type of signing we want to make around keeping quality local talent at Belmore as we return to being a club that develops its own players.

In regard to other updates :

• Our three new Board Directors in Jim Koutsouklakis, Andrew Gifford and Peter McMahon have now joined the Bulldogs Football Club Board and each will bring valuable experience and expertise at a time leading into an exciting pre-season period for the club
  • Trent Barrett and his new staff will officially start at Belmore on Monday 9th of November, but each of them has already been in to put plans in place for the pre-season. Part of that has been a complete re-vamp of our weights room and wrestling area as they look to create a whole new feel for the squad when they return on Monday 16th November
  • Apart from Nic Cotric, who is with the NSW team preparing for State of Origin, our full squad will be back on the 16th working hard all the way through to Christmas
  • As part of our Football Dept re-vamp we also wish Steve Price the very best for the future in the knowledge that he will always be a major part of the Bulldogs Family
  • In regard to Stadia for the future we are also very keen to work with Government regarding potential options for the club and we have already had preliminary meetings to make sure that our case for funding is being heard
It’s a really exciting time for the club and there is a real sense of anticipation as we near what we see as the start of that ‘new beginning’ when Trent Barrett and his staff join us here for the first time next Monday.

I hope that you are feeling the same excitement as us and as always we thank you for your continued support as we look forward to season 2021.

#ProudtobeaBulldog

John Khoury - Chairman

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
A lot less bullshit/fluff in this update compared to Lynne's updates.
Yup. This provides with enough of an update of what's going on without listing a million excuses or telling us a story from 40 years ago lol. Hopefully they upload pictures or a video of the completed Gym.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yup. This provides with enough of an update of what's going on without listing a million excuses or telling us a story from 40 years ago lol. Hopefully they upload pictures or a video of the completed Gym.
You’ll be happy, I heard Lewis is doing up an extensive PowerPoint presentation, with a voice over from Reynolds

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Part of that has been a complete re-vamp of our weights room and wrestling area as they look to create a whole new feel for the squad when they return on Monday 16th November
I really like this. It might seem like a really small thing but every bit helps with the belief that the players are starting fresh and to get old ideas and patterns out of their head.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
All I want to know is what are we doing on the 4th tackle now????
I just hope there'll be extra AED's placed around the stadium coz I dare say there'll be plenty fainting from a shock to the system.

I have grave fears that many of us will not fully recover.

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've heard Napa has been working on a secret 4th tackle settler to surpass even the legendery Fourth Immortal Aiden Tolman. He is going to plod forward in a familiar Tolman style and then lurch forward lazily with his right shoulder kind of falling into the defense. Oh wait he's already been doing that for 2 years.

BlackJackBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I've heard Napa has been working on a secret 4th tackle settler to surpass even the legendery Fourth Immortal Aiden Tolman. He is going to plod forward in a familiar Tolman style and then lurch forward lazily with his right shoulder kind of falling into the defense. Oh wait he's already been doing that for 2 years.
I hope for his sake that the coach and coaches coach can snap Nappa out of his slumber. Even if it's shorter stints for more quality.