Official A MESSAGE FROM THE CHAIR

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Another great move from the club they are giving a membership to anyone involved in the junior league from players, parents, managers, club admin and coaches.
You'll be getting a full membership even if you help to do the sausage sizzle at these park games, even if you only work in the canteen. You can thank the Great Mr John Khoury for this.

Clubs include: Bankstown Sports, Bankstown Bulls, Berala Bears, Canterbury Referees, CHester Hill Hornets, East Hills, Greenacre Tigers, Moorebank Rams, Milperra Colts, Revesby Rhinos, St George Dragons, St Christopher Saints, St John's Eagles.

If you register with your local junior club now or before 15th March, then the bulldogs will pay for your full ANZ membership.

The club will also be giving away for free 2018 Bulldogs worn jerseys.

Who wants Dib back? lol

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Looks good, as a general rule of thumb, if the "back room" is working well then the team on the field does the same.
It should be a great 2019
Grunthos, it really wasn't that hard to work out that the people we have in power will turn this club around.
Just look at their history at the club, what they were involved in and how successful we were when they were involved with the club in past years.

I've said this before. Supporters of the old regime loved the old regime because of their own agendas, well most of them anyway.
I do not wish to disclose what these agendas were on a public forum. We'll leave it alone. Go the dogs!

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
who cares about winning rubbish games at the end of the season,thats why we resigned lichaa we i said we shouldnt
I did! Avoiding the wooden spoon was important to me and considering how screwed up last season was it was some achievement to avoid it. A credit to the players and the coach, most other teams would have given up, we didn't. So yes I definitely cared, but this is new season and we shouldn't be anywhere near being in that position.

Go Dogs

Sword

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
who cares about winning rubbish games at the end of the season,thats why we resigned lichaa we i said we shouldnt
Yes, we even won the last 3 or 4 games of the season in Des’ final year. You’re only as good as your next game. Let’s see where we are after Round 10.

Sword

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did! Avoiding the wooden spoon was important to me and considering how screwed up last season was it was some achievement to avoid it. A credit to the players and the coach, most other teams would have given up, we didn't. So yes I definitely cared, but this is new season and we shouldn't be anywhere near being in that position.

Go Dogs
I hear ya, was stressing about that spoon for a month. Credit to a never say die attitude plus Lewis plus Smith. Gotta at least close out more of those tight games. If you lose by 2 you may as well lose by 20. I’m hoping Foran’s experience will come to the fore.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Andrew Hill stated after the AGM, that discussions were proceeding nicely for an extension for Dean Pay.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Andrew Hill stated after the AGM, that discussions were proceeding nicely for an extension for Dean Pay.
I couldn't make the meeting today because of work unfortunately.

I don't agree with any talk of an extension as yet.

See how the team performs up until at least round 15 then make a call on the length of any extension.

With all due respect to him I don't think rival clubs will be beating down Pay's door to sign him as their first grade coach so we're not in danger of losing him.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

See how the team performs up until at least round 15 then make a call on the length of any extension.

With all due respect to him I don't think rival clubs will be beating down Pay's door to sign him as their first grade coach so we're not in danger of losing him.
To be honest he hasn’t done anything to get re-signed yet. I know there’s plenty of extenuating circumstances around his first year but there’s no need to rush into it. As you say I doubt any other team is going to be poaching him so let’s see him do something this year to deserve an extension.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Again been a member since I moved out of home bar 1 year I missed over seas.

If anyone can help me become a member of the actual club (thing I need current member to support) id appreciate it! Drop me a line

People promise to help on here but don’t do anything

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
To be honest he hasn’t done anything to get re-signed yet. I know there’s plenty of extenuating circumstances around his first year but there’s no need to rush into it. As you say I doubt any other team is going to be poaching him so let’s see him do something this year to deserve an extension.
Agree with you there, the last thing we need is to sign another coach to a long term deal and have to pay them out again. I'm not saying things won't work out, as you said let's see what he can do first.

I think that's an unfair thing to say. @Steve M has helped countless people join the football club including myself, you just got to ask the right people. There's actually a thread dedicated to football club membership.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score

I don't agree with an early extension yet either. Perhaps the club wants to lock in a coach before the cap space is there to play with. Then they are effectively saying to potential recruits this is our coach for a long time and we are stable unit, get on board etc.

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The current board are a MASSIVE improvement on Dib and his incompetent reign however I remain reserved until I see more tangible proof particularly with our recruitment and roster going into 2020/21

Steve M

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I can only do my bit. Your paperwork is at the Club and will be dealt with in due course. I think the dramas that they have had to deal with over the last few months has probably taken priority over any other business.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I can only do my bit. Your paperwork is at the Club and will be dealt with in due course. I think the dramas that they have had to deal with over the last few months has probably taken priority over any other business.
Fair enough

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I have so much passion for the club sometimes it burns me I can't have an input

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Btw I wasn't talking about you lol

jasonsmith11

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, we even won the last 3 or 4 games of the season in Des’ final year. You’re only as good as your next game. Let’s see where we are after Round 10.
yeah and its exactly the same for lewis now the pressure is on

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The current board are doing a brilliant job so far hopefully that translates to on the field

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The current board are doing a brilliant job so far hopefully that translates to on the field
It will eventually and they are setting us up for sustained success with all this work being done with the juniors. Unfortunately there is a gap between the current roster and the gun juniors so we have to be patient for a year or two.