Official A MESSAGE FROM THE BOSS

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Agree with you. But, those numbers are alarming so I'd really like to understand what they're doing. I think that would help people also be more motivated to become members.

God it annoys me when people do exactly what you've done. Twisting someones words to suit your own agenda. Personally find Dinkumdogs posts relatively well balanced. Calls it as it is. He's constantly suggested to those on here who have concerns to get membership and come down to the forums to put their points to the board. That's definitely not suggesting to say yes to everything ...

Anyway,
God forbid Steve - the truth?? Surely not :-)
Yes, membership management and numbers clearly need work - I've made my views clear to the club and I hope they act on it.
A bunch of stuff still needs work - every board member, candidate and executive at the club will agree if you ask them. The fact they don't tell you specifics means they don't want sensitive information leaked until there's stuff locked in - hardly rocket science.

For the other stuff - it's not remotely about me or how I feel. It's about anyone who feels strongly about any particular view of the club and its future - piss or get off the pot.
They can bleat all they want on a forum but unless they're backing up their words with actions it means nothing.
My way of dealing with that is being a member, going to nearly all games, going to member forums, asking questions - supporting the team.
There are always lessons to be learned from mistakes made - so as long as that is happening things can only get better.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Did we ever consider the central coast or concord oval?
The establishment goes on and on about bulldogs DNA,our identity etc, but really I feel we should have our own ground.
Hey @Teddybear. I don't think Concord meets NRL criteria nor does Belmore (in terms of regular games). It's the same reason the Tigers train there but can't play there when ANZ is under re-dev (irrespective of the traditional home of Leichhardt/Campbelltown).
re: Central Coast, it's actually pretty good - I remember going to a Dogs game there around 2009 - but I reckon we have more chance of people being willing to go to Bankwest than Gosford for the best part of 2 years while ANZ is under re-dev.
I'd love a Bulldogs home ground but it's hard to see it happening with the NSW Govt policy of Bankwest, SFS and ANZ rebuilds. Any stadium that is commercially feasible these days requires multiple tenants and a naming rights sponsor to start with - something I can't see happening for the Dogs alone.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yes, membership management and numbers clearly need work - I've made my views clear to the club and I hope they act on it.
A bunch of stuff still needs work - every board member, candidate and executive at the club will agree if you ask them. The fact they don't tell you specifics means they don't want sensitive information leaked until there's stuff locked in - hardly rocket science.

For the other stuff - it's not remotely about me or how I feel. It's about anyone who feels strongly about any particular view of the club and its future - piss or get off the pot.
They can bleat all they want on a forum but unless they're backing up their words with actions it means nothing.
My way of dealing with that is being a member, going to nearly all games, going to member forums, asking questions - supporting the team.
There are always lessons to be learned from mistakes made - so as long as that is happening things can only get better.
Love you. That is all

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Lynn should get it done, lobby the government, lobby the private sector, get 500 million and build us supporters a brand new stadium.
If she wants to fix this, I mean the bulldogs, the juniors, our identity, the DNA, make us a powerhouse again, build us a stadium
That's the complete package Lynn, and long live a legacy for many years to come.
Would be fabulous mate - but where - Belmore? So many issues there.
The Dogs are merely a tenant of BSG - to influence NSW Govt. policy of Bankwest/SFS/ANZ plus the train running past BSG being converted to Metro by 2024, the nearby bowling club which the Dogs have no control over, the Council owned Terry Lamb Reserve and Peter Moore Field - it's a bureaucratic disaster way beyond the Dogs alone.
I'd seriously love to see us with our own place - I just don't see it as commercially feasible these days.
Would LOVE to be proven wrong.

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hallelujah brother....Another great sermon

Praise thy cheerleader

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Hallelujah brother....Another great sermon

Praise thy cheerleader
Perhaps you should re-arrange your sock drawer champ (and learn to spell).
Why are you on here if you're a 'supporter' - it seems like you enjoy dribbling poison and in typical bleater style with zero context, backup or alternative suggestions as to how things should be going.
I'm totally up for a battle of wits - it just seems unfair to fight the unarmed... take care mate.

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Perhaps you should re-arrange your sock drawer champ (and learn to spell).
Why are you on here if you're a 'supporter' - it seems like you enjoy dribbling poison and in typical bleater style with zero context, backup or alternative suggestions as to how things should be going.
I'm totally up for a battle of wits - it just seems unfair to fight the unarmed... take care mate.
Soooooo easy to bait a cheerleader...

(Spellchecked for your viewing pleasure)

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
All will be revealed soon.. Its been kept hush hush.. But i can exclusively reveal that alot of work is being done to organise a modernised 2020 version of the Belmore Multicultural days ..
The neighbours will want to make sure their fence pailings are secure

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Did we ever consider the central coast or concord oval?
The establishment goes on and on about bulldogs DNA,our identity etc, but really I feel we should have our own ground.
It's core to a successful club you'd imagine.

No home ground advantage and behind the 8 ball.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will be making the big trek from the shire to Mt Lewis this Wednesday lol
Hope to hear some good information from our management team
I’ll post relevant news first thing Thursday morning

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
These are just meetings to tell the people what they want to hear

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
These are just meetings to tell the people what they want to hear
I don’t know about you but I get to ask my questions, often I even get answers. It’s quite amazing, you should try it sometime.

Go Dogs

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I attended the meeting last night at Mt Lewis,
There was only a small crowd of about 50 all up and nothing significant to really report on.
Lynne presented a 9 point presentation just on general progress and along with Paul Dunn mentioned how pleased they were with the juniors
Then Joe Thomas,Adrian Turner and P.Mortimer all made small speeches about their backgrounds,experience and what they can bring to the club
Two people asked about our 2021 recruitment and this so called war chest
Paul & Lynne both replied with a definite yes,it had to be the right player and other factors like cost.
Marquee players are definitely part of the plan.
It was a policy not to talk to media,they mentioned that L.M was not on our radar
That’s about it to be honest,finished in about 1 hour.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also mentioned at the meeting was that our cap issue will be all fixed by season end.
Paul Dunn said the club have identified 4 or 5 juniors which are showing great potential and progress
Hopping some of these guys take the next step.
Didn’t mention their names.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry a couple other things I forgot to mention
Several people were concerned about our very low membership numbers
They replied that our numbers are actually factual and that other clubs added extras,I didn’t really understand the explanation
Paul was more than confident of reaching about 18,000 by season start
The same as last year.
Paul also said the slow start last year was not acceptable and are confident of better this year
She said that Dean reset the clock for the last 10 rounds of last year
Basically told the players to start all over again
Pleased with results but this is a trend that has to continue come round 1
She used strong language and was serious in saying that mediocre performances were not acceptable moving forward
The club has to return to being a force again.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I attended the meeting last night at Mt Lewis,
There was only a small crowd of about 50 all up and nothing significant to really report on.
Lynne presented a 9 point presentation just on general progress and along with Paul Dunn mentioned how pleased they were with the juniors
Then Joe Thomas,Adrian Turner and P.Mortimer all made small speeches about their backgrounds,experience and what they can bring to the club
Two people asked about our 2021 recruitment and this so called war chest
Paul & Lynne both replied with a definite yes,it had to be the right player and other factors like cost.
Marquee players are definitely part of the plan.
It was a policy not to talk to media,they mentioned that L.M was not on our radar
That’s about it to be honest,finished in about 1 hour.
Good report. It looks like the Board are right onto things.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Sorry a couple other things I forgot to mention
Several people were concerned about our very low membership numbers
They replied that our numbers are actually factual and that other clubs added extras,I didn’t really understand the explanation
Paul was more than confident of reaching about 18,000 by season start
The same as last year.
Paul also said the slow start last year was not acceptable and are confident of better this year
She said that Dean reset the clock for the last 10 rounds of last year
Basically told the players to start all over again
Pleased with results but this is a trend that has to continue come round 1
She used strong language and was serious in saying that mediocre performances were not acceptable moving forward
The club has to return to being a force again.
Maybe the pet and baby memberships but I hope our fans stop crying and making excuses and sign up regardless. The team and club need our support, not just constant constructive and usually non-constructive criticism