Official A MESSAGE FROM THE BOSS

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Ahh I dunno, maybe actually hired the required number of staff within a 2 year period for starters?

I could go on with many valid points but I'm really not bothered or qualified. Do I think the current lot is shit? Maybe? Do I think they've done anything above a beyond the average board? Fuck no.
Thanks for the answer.

For the record I’m not a one-eyed no fault assigned the board is perfect person. But I think given what they inherited they’ve done pretty damn well.

The next two years will really show what they’re made of. Let’s give them that chance as I have no doubt the voting members will.

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also I saw straight through the words dean gay was preaching before his first season. “I’ll bring dogs of war back” yet complained about versing hard teams on the roster lol. Also I don’t notice a difference from dib to Lynne.
I thought Pay was bringing back the MaDneSs

*in a quiet, conservative and uneventful manner

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I thought Pay was bringing back the MaDneSs

*in a quiet, conservative and uneventful manner
Bro we just can’t see it with our bias eyes but he has wel and truly brought that madness back bruh. We even won 4 games in a row!!!!!! Best coach ever

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fuck that movie is literally like jabbing a dose of a gram of testosterone minus the oestrogen side effects.
Dean gays version of bringing the madness is this: come on boys just try your hardest that’s all I ask. Who’s feeling sore? And wants to rest going into the second half? Don’t push yourselves too hard boys I don’t want you getting injured, remember we’re dogs of war! Bring the madness!!!! But becareful.

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fuck that movie is literally like jabbing a dose of a gram of testosterone minus the oestrogen side effects.
Dean gays version of bringing the madness is this: come on boys just try your hardest that’s all I ask. Who’s feeling sore? And wants to rest going into the second half? Don’t push yourselves too hard boys I don’t want you getting injured, remember we’re dogs of war! Bring the madness!!!! But becareful.
Fukn lol

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I have no idea bro, I am just admittedly still salty Jim ddymmick didn’t get the gig lol. Also I saw straight through the words dean gay was preaching before his first season. “I’ll bring dogs of war back” yet complained about versing hard teams on the roster lol. Also I don’t notice a difference from dib to Lynne.
Cool. I never saw Jimmy as a head coach and the Sharks obviously felt the same way having parted company. Good fella, plenty of spirit but don’t think had the makings of a modern head coach.

Dean could be in the same boat. His contract is up this year and if we don’t get off to a reasonable start questions will be asked. He’s done pretty well with the cattle he’s had but it’s an unforgiving results based business.

As for the Directors - their second term over the next two years will really tell the story. Let’s see how it unfolds.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Cool. I never saw Jimmy as a head coach and the Sharks obviously felt the same way having parted company. Good fella, plenty of spirit but don’t think had the makings of a modern head coach.

Dean could be in the same boat. His contract is up this year and if we don’t get off to a reasonable start questions will be asked. He’s done pretty well with the cattle he’s had but it’s an unforgiving results based business.

As for the Directors - their second term over the next two years will really tell the story. Let’s see how it unfolds.
I’ll give you my reasons why I wanted jimmy. Firstly I like had a borderline gay crush on him as a kid and almost went for parramatta because of him. Secondly, do you remember when he took over in 2011 near seasons end? He was fkn hyped for every game, hyped in every press conference, brought back bruising sessions where the players literally bashed each other I remember Jamal idris having a sook about it, and lastly he was actually getting great results almost taking us to the semis. We versed parramatta in a pouring rain game and smashed them through defence and grit, that match was fkn amazing. But yeah we’ll see what happens. I definitely think, if dean gay doesn’t get results by round 10, he should get the sack.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with constructive debate.
Bleating without context and general hate is the problem and there’s too much of that today - not enough willing to tackle the actual problem and say ‘here’s how I’d approach it’ - that says so much more than scorn filled posts that say nothing.
True mate. A lot just bite back out of blind hate or dismissal of ideas not to their liking and the whole reason for coming on here is lost.

Otherwise ...start a thread and receive 10 likes and 10 agreeing replies ;)

Not TK way :grinning:

Novocastrian

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gees theres some salty fans out there. Im not on anyones side but i would love to know if the ones that consistently try to create negative threads or remarks against the club/board are dib lovers?
I am and I am sure im not the only one whos sick of looking on here to find another shitty thread with people complaining or trying to taint the dogs.
I know this is a forum but i think we already know that some of you hate certain board members and coach, you dont have to make another thread or comment. Go out and get laid, maybe that will brighten you up

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I’ll give you my reasons why I wanted jimmy. Firstly I like had a borderline gay crush on him as a kid and almost went for parramatta because of him. Secondly, do you remember when he took over in 2011 near seasons end? He was fkn hyped for every game, hyped in every press conference, brought back bruising sessions where the players literally bashed each other I remember Jamal idris having a sook about it, and lastly he was actually getting great results almost taking us to the semis. We versed parramatta in a pouring rain game and smashed them through defence and grit, that match was fkn amazing. But yeah we’ll see what happens. I definitely think, if dean gay doesn’t get results by round 10, he should get the sack.
Wow - nearly changing teams for a man-crush - that's pretty strong :-) I do remember 2011 well yes when K. Moore was relieved of duty. No doubt Jimmy was an old school no mercy style player and coach - almost T. Raudonikis style with maybe a pinch more finesse :-) But the modern game is more than that - the Bellyaches and Robbo's of the world coach well beyond the bash. I'd agree Dean has to get us out of the blocks if he wants the job in 2021. We will all know in just a few short weeks. Bring it.

too69u

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Mate piss off back to reality. Stick your values up your arse. Stupid direction crap. Two years of nothing but blow arsing, directors going bankrupt, chopping and changing. We are in the worst position in the clubs history. From sponsors to playing roster. Blame is on your head now.

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Dear Bulldogs Football Club Member,

Firstly, I would like to wish you all a Happy New year and hope that it brings you and your loved ones much happiness.

It is hard to believe that barely two years ago I first reached out to you to introduce the 2018 Bulldogs Reform Ticket. Like many in our Bulldogs family, we believed it was time for a change in the leadership and direction of our great club. We were incredibly grateful and humbled that the membership supported us and gave us the chance to shape the Bulldogs.

The current Bulldogs board is proud of the work we have done and overseen in our two years since being given the great honour of guiding our beloved Bulldogs club. We came to power promising to restore respect to our club, and in doing so restore The Bulldogs Way as the club’s guiding light for everything we do. From how we treat our people, to what we expect from them, the Bulldogs are a club that will support our family to be the best they can be, but also one that demands results. We have not only a Board that lives and breathes this philosophy, but we also have in place a Senior management team who also believe in it and are putting it into practice. CEO Andrew Hill is supported in this by Club greats Steve Price GM Football and Head Coach Dean Pay. Our current squad have embraced the family values and our culture of looking out for each other while accepting the expectation of hard work and results. As a clear endorsement of this, the Bulldogs Ambassadors have come back to the club in bigger numbers every year, keen to support the next generation of Bulldogs forge their own history here. We truly believe we are building something special back at the Bulldogs.

We are also very proud of the reform we have achieved across many parts of the club as well as the cultural changes:
- Return to being a development club which has underpinned Bulldogs successes in the past
- Junior League re-boot
- Significant changes to the governance of the club, including board decision making; salary
cap, recruitment and retention oversight; experienced and high performing senior management team

We have a board that is united on one key issue - we all truly love the club and are working hard for what’s best for the Bulldogs not ourselves. We want us back where we belong – at the top of the Rugby League world on and off the field.

As we approach the 2020 elections, I wanted to introduce our 2020 Board ticket. Essentially, we see the first 2 years as the reset, where changes have been made to support the new direction and have us ready to capitalise on opportunities for success. We now want the chance to convert that hard work in setting the foundation and look to build ultimately towards success on and off the field. We are seeking your support yet again to continue with what you have seen over the last two years, to have the chance to take this rebuild to the next level. While we have 4 of the 2018 Reform ticket seeking re-election, we have assembled a new team for 2020:
Lynne Anderson, John Khoury, John Ballesty, Paul Dunn, Adrian Turner, and Peter Mortimer

This 2020 Board ticket we believe is a great mix of the skills and experience needed to guide the Bulldogs over the next two years. After two years of re-setting the club, we saw the opportunity for a refreshed team focusing on commercial/membership/football development areas. We undertook a professional board review, where all current directors seeking re-election were analysed for both skills and gaps against the Club’s Strategic Plan for 2020. Candidates looking to be a part of this board ticket were mapped against this, and interviews were conducted in line with good corporate governance.

Two of the new candidates for our 2020 Board team should be well known to Bulldogs members in former players Peter Mortimer and Joe Thomas. Both are passionate believers in the Bulldogs Way. Both are also successful businessmen post their playing careers and will strengthen our commercial acumen and networks. Our third candidate, Adrian Turner, is a Belmore local, who understands the connection with a passionate and loyal membership. Adrian also brings more than 20 years corporate experience across hospitality/financial services/utilities and transport industries. In particular he brings extensive experience in Corporate governance and risk management.

Just as we have done for the last two years, we want to engage directly with our members. We will be reaching out to you as we did in 2018, but also will hold further Member Forums where we hope you will come along and meet with us personally, bring your thoughts on both how you think the club has performed over the last two years, as well as your hopes for the future of the Bulldogs. We are keen for you to meet all of our board members personally and see for yourself why we believe we have a great team for supporting our collective Bulldogs Family dreams for 2020/2021.
Member Forums:
- Wednesday 15th January 2020, 7pm Mt Lewis Bowling Club
- Wednesday 30th January 2020, 7pm Bankstown Sports
- Wednesday 4th February 2020, 7pm Campsie RSL

Thank you yet again for all your support and loyalty to our club over the challenging recent years. While much work has been done, there is still a way to go to be where this club’s proud history demands we be. 2018 and 2019 will be remembered as the years we re-set the Bulldogs back on our much loved and successful Bulldogs Way. We know the fans recognise this. While we have not made the finals, we are acknowledged for the way the club is fighting back, for the young men who are giving the club their all. But 2020 MUST be a step forward. The 2020 Board Ticket is more determined than ever to drive this club forward. We know from experience that the hard work is more than worth it.

Yours sincerely
Lynne Anderson
I will give Lynne and the board the benefit of the doubt for the next couple of years like every true Bulldogs supporter should, however, if our roster and ladder position do not improve and continue to decline then a vote of no confidence will be inevitable regardless of your Bulldogs DNA.

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
It's fucking outrageous, and i'm only doing the bare minimum these days otherwise I'll go too crazy and shit ffs.

Basically this goes back to my argument I've been putting forward for a while, this board is just constantly talking smack to buy time. First it was a "rebuild" but now it's like "lol jokes it was a reset and now we're going to lay the foundations". It's all fucking bs.

This board hasn't done anything remarkable, all they've done is run some contracts out and release a few players and waited for our cap to clear, anybody in that field could've done that ffs. They've just sat back and taken the low risk route and are waiting for things to unfold until they're forced to be more aggressive and proactive.

They haven't been proactive in recruiting highly sought after staff or administrators, they haven't been aggressive with recruitment and retention, we've lost one of the richest deals and are yet to announce a new major sponsor in their place, our memberships are diabolical, etc.
How the fuck could they be “proactive” and “aggressive” in recruitment of other players when they had a bunch of over payed, under performing twats on the roster signed by the previous board? It’s well documented mate, have a read before spewing out your bias babel ffs.

Banned
Reaction score
Bulldogs fan here: they have done remarkable since in control . Everyone complaining can go and get crumpets and eat them plain you sooks. A kebab with no sauce isn’t a kebab no what I mean! By the end of the year this will be worth it. Major sponsor to be announce soon
Hi Nasheed, can I can some crumpets?

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I stopped at the points you said "... I almost went for parramatta"

At that point I had come to the conclusion that you're a **** and nothing else you say is worth reading.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Interesting reading a lot of points on here, and it's nice that a majority are managing to have a decent debate without getting too personal ... apart from me that is ;)

Without going over what a lot of you have said already. I don't think there can be one person on here who can say that the board have done an excellent jog in every department. They simply haven't. Whether it be retention. Recruitment. Backroom staff. Management. Coaches. etc. etc. there's absolutely no doubt that the board wouldn't get a 10/10 for any of those.

The question is whether this is something we can realistically expect and / or demand? Each of those areas have been resticted / hampered for different reasons so I honestly don't think we could ever have got 10/10 for any of them anyway. Could we have done better? I'd say yes, but at the same time I don't think they've been terrible in any areas either. Happy to be corrected though .... Given the circumstances I'm relatively happy with how it's going but this is an absolutely HUGE year for the club and one all of them will be judged on.

What I will say, as said earlier, is our membership. We were last in 2019, right? Can see no way we'll be higher than last place in 2020 either. The Titans have more. Tigers and Dragons twice as many ... I can't get past this. It's absolutely embarrassing. We can argue all day long for the reasons, it doesn't matter. We're one of the biggest clubs in the NRL history wise. Don't care what anyone says. To be last saddens me and it's something I would really like to understand what the club is doing to rectify.