A message from Lynne

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I do believe significant change and improvements have been in junior recruitment and development - not all will make it through to first grade but the general standard of player in 16s and 18s - with some individuals showing outstanding potential - was the best since around 2012.
Im not understanding though of the recent recruitment decisions / development contract decisions / - although rumour wise those decisions are more based around previous regime contracts - similar to the situation that the club had with players like Jarrad Anderson n Zac Saddler who were never going to be first grade players but were taking up spots and salary cap.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great post. I also think they’ll do it easily to be honest. Voting members are much different than people on a forum. There’s no loud minority and members understand and comprehend the situation we are in
I tend to agree with your thoughts regarding the view of the football club members
These people have a very vested interest in the future of our great club and are no fools,long time dedicated voting supporters who have a degree
of knowledge about the running of a club
We are talking small in numbers in comparison to our overall fan base.
No doubt the up coming elections will be straight forward,not too sure what will happen in 2022
Looking forward to voting in the near future

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I tend to agree with your thoughts regarding the view of the football club members
These people have a very vested interest in the future of our great club and are no fools,long time dedicated voting supporters who have a degree
of knowledge about the running of a club
We are talking small in numbers in comparison to our overall fan base.
No doubt the up coming elections will be straight forward,not too sure what will happen in 2022
Looking forward to voting in the near future
I think your point on longtime dedicated voting supporters who have a degree
of knowledge about the running of a club is very important. I think those that are basing their view on 1-5 years aren’t going to get anywhere close to reality

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
We voted out a board that had made the finals for years, made the grand final twice in the past few years (before the last few seasons of shit) before all this mess of salary cap was public.

Not saying we did the wrong thing at all.

Just another view that you can’t assume.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
we all know the mess they were left with....I'm bloody sick of hearing it though every time she speaks, none of that is relevant after this season or for signings now for 2021 it has zero bearing on any of it

If Lynne and Co want to continue past the elections they need to give members hope of a greatly improved looking squad running out for the 2021 season, so far with Chris Smith signed up for 2021 they are intent on suicide by stupidity

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lynne has actually already mentioned how we will become a power house again and win the comp. In June 2019 she said "in the 90's they targeted a front-rower and a goalkicker. He got Marty Bella and Daryl Halligan and we went from there. We have a similar plan. It worked then and it can work again. We can do it.’' I am just wondering Lynne why haven't we signed a front-rower and goal kicker yet? We will win the comp then won't we?
This post. I have had no faith in the board the moment that an under 10s gameplan come out of her mouth.
Cant the bulldogs members please take notice of everything she sais and surely u will see how far out of her depth she is.
Great ambassodor. But only knowledge she has of the game is that her dad and husband were coaches and etc.
Everyone quotes a good succesful business starts from the top down.
Well in simplicity that tells me we are ffaaaarrrrrrrrkkkked

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
We voted out a board that had made the finals for years, made the grand final twice in the past few years (before the last few seasons of shit) before all this mess of salary cap was public.

We?

Cartel

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

The end result was that those methods did not work.

It took a fair few years to recruit good players - ie. Ennis, Halatau, Josh Morris, Pritchard etc while developing our juniors at the same time - and might i add we had a CREAM CROP come through, for that period - Barba, Finucane, Jackson, Reynolds, Kasiano, Tapau, Klemmer, etc

And what has happened? We have lost all of them while not having a CREAM CROP come through to replace them!

It's back to the beginning for us once again, and this time its going to be a lot more difficult!

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
When this mob came into power, did they make it very CLEAR that we will struggle with our roster till 2021?

Did they make it CLEAR that we will struggle to make the 8 till 2021?

Do you see any broken promises so far?

People say the Dogs have the most passionate fans in the game and i totally disagree. We have the highest number of uneducated dickheads as supporters in the league - hands down
We should have had 1 or even 2 spoons over this period so far.. The fact we don't is a testament to this club and its admin.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Meaney was a 2019 signing - one of the two worst years of cap pain. He was cheap and went OK in his first year.
All of the others above are for 2020 - our last year of cap pain. Our big play is 2021 as has been well stated a number of times.

What exactly is the club supposed to do when the likes of Ramien wanted to go back to the Sharks, or Api wanted to follow Barrett to the Panthers, or Grant no doubt wanted to stay at the Storm as he'll get his shot when Smith is gone in 2021?
I think the blame on the club is somewhat unjustified where there's factors they simply can't control.
The only way to sign players we need...Is to pay overs if needed !
To start...We need a real hooker who's is capable of controlling the ruck with a great direction and speed to burn, a heavy duty prop to take us forward and a brilliant centre to complete the team
We keep the players that are need and fill up the roster with the leftover balance even if it means buying more minimum wage players, I am sure there is a lot of talent waiting for an opportunity !!!

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I do believe significant change and improvements have been in junior recruitment and development - not all will make it through to first grade but the general standard of player in 16s and 18s - with some individuals showing outstanding potential - was the best since around 2012.
Im not understanding though of the recent recruitment decisions / development contract decisions / - although rumour wise those decisions are more based around previous regime contracts - similar to the situation that the club had with players like Jarrad Anderson n Zac Saddler who were never going to be first grade players but were taking up spots and salary cap.
Guess who scored a development contract at Manly? Yep Zac Saddler!

shaun5150

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bye Lynne. Members will vote and you will know how we feel.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
The only way to sign players we need...Is to pay overs if needed !
To start...We need a real hooker who's is capable of controlling the ruck with a great direction and speed to burn, a heavy duty prop to take us forward and a brilliant centre to complete the team
We keep the players that are need and fill up the roster with the leftover balance even if it means buying more minimum wage players, I am sure there is a lot of talent waiting for an opportunity !!!
Sure, but we can't do that for 2020 - so we're waiting to see what unfolds for 2021.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Sure, but we can't do that for 2020 - so we're waiting to see what unfolds for 2021.
Unless some thing incredible happens we all aren't expecting too much for 2020,
2021 should be the year to get back on rail,
It will not happen by it self, We need to make it happen...Starting NOW !!!

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Unless some thing incredible happens we all aren't expecting too much for 2020,
2021 should be the year to get back on rail,
It will not happen by it self, We need to make it happen...Starting NOW !!!
Correct - and some on here including me believe that process is underway but because no announcements have been made, some believe they're sitting on their hands.
I'm giving the club the benefit of the doubt for now - 2021 announcements will be made in time. Lynne hinted at it in her letter yesterday when she said 'we have significant space in our cap for 2021'.
I simply don't buy the haters charges that the club is doing nothing - they're not idiots. But hey, haters gonna hate. Let's wait and see...

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Guess who scored a development contract at Manly? Yep Zac Saddler!
I know he played the second half of last year there in JF - who knows he might come good. He had no mobility.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lynnes in election mode.. But they will be re-elected regardless of how you think theyve gone..

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Come at me ****, I'll bite your face off ****
Only thing you will do is lick my arsehole lik a lil bitch.

Coz only lil bitches carry on behind a computer like you

The funny thing is a like kiwis
My mates are kiwis

I support the kiwis in footy

But you

Your a little fucken brat who needs his head kicked in by a lebo to teach you some mannners

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
On Lynn’s letter

She is an embarrassment,I don’t want to keep hearing about the salary cap mess every 6 months. If the problem is too hard for her to fix,then move over and give someone else a go.

I have not been impressed with the board, we need ruthless business men in the board not these clowns clinging on to yesteryear