A message from Lynne

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I think there’s a bit more to it than that - lots of governance changes and processes introduced to ensure a Dib and Co. like fiasco can never happen again. Preventing another disaster is just as important as mopping up this one.
Possibly. End of the day it's all results driven and right now we are still yet to see anything of great value.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I don't think many people are crowning them as saviours as far as I see it? Without doubt they've got a lot of work to do before we can say they've done their jobs, but the right time to judge them isn't now. Is it?

Their narrative hasn't changed throughout all of this, and even though people say they're just repeating themselves I believe that's what's good about it. They've got a plan and are working towards it.

Will they be a success? I think we all want that. But only time will tell if they are.
Na some defenitely are acting like they've accomplished something amazing lol.

Do you think Michael Edwards has some free time? Maybe he can run our club on the side as a hobby or soemthing...:tearsofjoy:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Most likely the Foran thing is literally an OH&S issue. He’s an employee at least until 1 November 2020 and has to come under the clubs welfare duties until then, whether we like it or not.

Also, some say we can’t attract players, so a public declaration of support for your long term injured players isn’t the worst idea - for those considering joining the club.
Fair Dinkum.... :grinning:....we don't want to attract those kind of players that need our rehab sympathy ,)

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Spot on Sancho2020, it is always harder to understand the grey rather than the black or white view most people take on issues.

It is a bit repetitive of the club and coach etc. rolling out the " salary cap shitfight they were left with" line every time they speak, but its also just as repetitive hearing the "everything is fucked" and sack the board, coach and CEO blah blah blah that others keep spitting out.

To be honest, I think even though they believe in the plan and direction the club is headed they are still concerned about having the time to get all in place, and also the upcoming elections.

It is always easier to lower everyone's expectation and then over deliver, so its no surprise that they are not talking up 2020 and still setting everyone's focus on 2021.

Thats said, they fucking well better of addressed pre-season training/preparation and have the bastards frothing at the mouth ready to play round 1 or Bazildog is gunna be pissed...
Yes I don't blame them for doing what they're doing, I can't even decide if I agree or disagree with it. I just think it needs to be mentioned instead of constantly shitting or praising them. The longer things go without results, the worse it will get though..

S.B.W_Jnr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
To be honest I'm just looking forward to some of the juniors coming through. The current market is ridiculous Mitchell asking for a mil ain't worth it. Dogs need to target the young players coming through like what they did back in 2004. Likes of Tonga young player from parra at the time. Maitua from the souths Junior system etc we need to get that bred not bought into the club again!!

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Possibly. End of the day it's all results driven and right now we are still yet to see anything of great value.
True - but as I’ve been saying, just because 2021 signings haven’t been announced yet doesn’t mean nothing’s happening in that area. I still think we have to wait a bit longer before we judge it either way.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
To be honest I'm just looking forward to some of the juniors coming through. The current market is ridiculous Mitchell asking for a mil ain't worth it. Dogs need to target the young players coming through like what they did back in 2004. Likes of Tonga young player from parra at the time. Maitua from the souths Junior system etc we need to get that bred not bought into the club again!!
Spot on mate! I think that’s what the club has planned. Splashing huge money to get a fully developed marquee just uses up way too much cap you need to get them before they hit first grade.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Spot on mate! I think that’s what the club has planned. Splashing huge money to get a fully developed marquee just uses up way too much cap you need to get them before they hit first grade.
Maybe that is why they are focused on the juniors. They know big name players won't come to the club, so they are trying to make sure our Junior systems are up to scratch so we can have good juniors to call upon when needed.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
On a side note, she is one ugly mother fucker. I’ve seen some pigs in my time but she makes Castle look like Bo Derek.
Awaiting you publishing your personal profile pic for comparison.

Remember this is Bullfrogs daughter you're bagging there....judgement much!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Only problem is that we've looked to miss out on the next generation that are breaking through and ready to make an impact in firstgrade.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Maybe that is why they are focused on the juniors. They know big name players won't come to the club, so they are trying to make sure our Junior systems are up to scratch so we can have good juniors to call upon when needed.
The thing is big name players rarely move in the NRL the majority of the time they are locked up long before they even come off contract. It’s usually extenuating circumstances when one actually does change clubs. We will still be a player in the market I just don’t see a massive million dollar plus player coming to the club anytime soon.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
The thing is big name players rarely move in the NRL the majority of the time they are locked up long before they even come off contract. It’s usually extenuating circumstances when one actually does change clubs. We will still be a player in the market I just don’t see a massive million dollar plus player coming to the club anytime soon.
We coulda had one ;)

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Only problem is that we've looked to miss out on the next generation that are breaking through and ready to make an impact in firstgrade.
It’s only 12 months and another crop comes through. A lot will depend on how the existing junior talent comes along if Wakeham, Averillo and the backrowers start jumping out of the ground we will be in great shape but that’s the problem with relying on juniors they don’t always come along as quickly as you want or sometimes they just aren’t up to it.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
It’s only 12 months and another crop comes through. A lot will depend on how the existing junior talent comes along if Wakeham, Averillo and the backrowers start jumping out of the ground we will be in great shape but that’s the problem with relying on juniors they don’t always come along as quickly as you want or sometimes they just aren’t up to it.
True, but I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for these guys to get an opportunity anytime soon lol.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Thats all good and well but it dosent stop the fact that this club needs at least 1 big name signing going forward

S.B.W_Jnr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We missed out on Turpin young and up comer player. Don't know why they sign him up.